OPCast Episode 19

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
This week we cover a lot of hot topics off of the forums relating to the permanent opt-in.

I hope you guys enjoy!

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    edited August 2015
    I listened to it twice because I thought I missed you guys talk about the Mission Editor, I'm on the 3rd attempt now.. I think it's maybe been overlooked :lol:

Everything else sounds awesome though :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Topics covered:
    - Opt-in as "main beta" choice vs option
    - AMD card issues and response
    - Aim punch / flinch
    - New effects for weapons: "more physicality"
    - Conversion from Honor ("from 0 to Dem@n", said Tots) to military ranks
    - Troubleshooting migration to Win10 (admin rights & PB)
    - Vaulting vs jumping issue: reduction in vault interact distance put in place
    - PunkBuster & performance issue connection: fixed? (Stutters and long pauses hopefully gone in next build)
    - Sound feedback: Devs happy with direction things are going
    - Gun volume: "guns are loud," impact on sound mixing
    - Weapon balance, concept that it's not just "gun vs gun" but "team vs team"
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I listened to it twice because I thought I missed you guys talk about the Mission Editor, I'm on the 3rd attempt now.. I think it's maybe been overlooked :lol:

Everything else sounds awesome though :)

Not overlooked, just still very a work in progress.

Once the programmers say they have it fixed, we will cover it all in depth.

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    edited August 2015
    I'm completely fine with loud guns blocking out the other sounds. I'm still having problems with directional sound, specifically behind me. Is that something you guys are working on, or am I basically stuck between not hearing behind me well or buying a nice sound card? Is it a limitation in WWISE, windows sound, or something else I'm not considering? Just curious about what to expect for those like me that are using onboard-like solutions.

Regarding weapons, how do you feel about the elcan on the saw? I know you said you're fine with gun balance, but you made a design decision to remove the acog from the m4. What is different in that decision than in sticking with it on the m249? Just curious. It's one thing to talk about overpowered. And I get the message in the podcast. I do feel like the elcan is a different part of the story though. It deeply alters the weapon's ranged capability, in fact other than the increased damage of the 7.62 round of the m14, the elcan on the m249 is basically the best DMR weapon available. If it stays, it stays, it just seems like that one attachment sort of bleeds into another role.

P.S. Thanks for the podcast, enjoyed it.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    When should we expect to be playing a newer build?

Thanks
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    The only thing the Elcan sits on is the SAW, not sure how anyone else feels but its removal would be disappointing to me, I'd prefer if anything was to be done.. that they kill the SAW's abilities a little rather than remove the scope.

On a sort of related note.. can/will we get ironsight back for the Shotgun?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

When should we expect to be playing a newer build?

Thanks

Hopefully later this week!

• {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    Is the game stable enough after the update, to keep our points/honor/ranks afterwards?
    The only thing the Elcan sits on is the SAW, not sure how anyone else feels but its removal would be disappointing to me, I'd prefer if anything was to be done.. that they kill the SAW's abilities a little rather than remove the scope.

On a sort of related note.. can/will we get ironsight back for the Shotgun?

It is what it is. If it stays, I'm fine. It's a pretty amazing weapon right now, but if that's what the devs want so be it. Still it just seems odd that they would eliminate the ACOG and not the elcan. They have the exact same impact on the respective weapons.

LETS GO PENS
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Any plans on including one of the updated whitebox maps in this coming build? A fresh map would be pretty great.

Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    edited August 2015
    Now that I've heard Official commentary on "Aim Punch" (I can't believe you made me say that.......gag........!)

Hold something as if it was a gun, and get someone to similate a bullet hit on you by....oh, I dunno....punching you in the chest.

What happens?

Just like uncontrolled recoil rocks you back on your heels when YOU are firing, a physical impact (or a psychological/physical response...) will bring your gun UP not down. You guys have it backwards.

In my opinion.... :)

The way it is now, when recovering from "Aim Punch" you will bring your aim naturally up through your opponent...it may actually help balance recoil!! Instead, "Aim Punch" should be additive with recoil and force you to work even harder to bring the aim down on your opponent.

Again....IMO.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    And if they punch you in the stomach?

I would guess this is a case of "there are two many reactions to make the myriad of animations worthwhile, so we'll pick one" and they picked down.

LETS GO PENS
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    Grr.

Heh heh. Alright, fair enough..... :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    Any plans on including one of the updated whitebox maps in this coming build? A fresh map would be pretty great.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I agree with sauce's synopsis.

Other thoughts on a possible design process:
    1) If it's random, people would complain that it's random. So let's make it predictable.
    2) Let's keep it simple, at least to start.
    3) If it pitches your aim up, players could "luck" into a headshot. Let's make it so players are less likely to get mad at the flinch mechanic for that happening.

Seems to me like a really simple approach to the mechanic that tries to dodge as many of the predictable player complaints as possible.

I don't believe those will be coming anytime soon. Dev Rawrster is still doing a lot of heavy lifting on those maps. You may see more about that post-release.

• omerta`easyomerta`easy Posts: 46Player
    edited August 2015
    I don't have an issue with not being able to hear footsteps while I'm shooting. I don't expect to hear footsteps while shooting.

With the current volume balance I can not turn my volume up high enough to effectively listen to footsteps because I will go deaf when I shoot. You could cut the gun shot volume in half and it would still completely cover foot steps while also allowing me to listen when I'm not shooting. I don't want to lose my hearing from playing this game. As it is now I might as well just not play with sound at all.
    I don't have an issue with not being able to hear footsteps while I'm shooting. I don't expect to hear footsteps while shooting.

With the current volume balance I can not turn my volume up high enough to effectively listen to footsteps because I will go deaf when I shoot. You could cut the gun shot volume in half and it would still completely cover foot steps while also allowing me to listen when I'm not shooting. I don't want to lose my hearing from playing this game. As it is now I might as well just not play with sound at all.

Since windows 10 update, and using windows automated driver for AMD GPU, I have yet to stutter like before. Anybody else noticing this, specifically on AMD GPUs?
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,372Player
    All sounds good nice work Dev's :)