[Map] : Kasteel Castle ( WIP ) Ready to test

{RR}-Maclobster{RR}-Maclobster Posts: 218Beta Tester
edited October 2015 in Mission Editor
Hi all Soldiers
Im working just for fun on a really really big map CASTLE
Just wondering for feedback if this is to big or not as a play map ???
Im still breaking my head on the Game mode so i dont know yet
Just creating it right now for fun :smiley:

Hope you will like it

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=536101510

15Q8BR3.jpg
utaFnAD.jpg
26jzILo.jpg
Info Image
XKMxEmv.jpg
(\/) (',,') (\/)
Pipeline
HonorTown

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    That looks ace Mac! its even got a moat :)

For game modes you could possibly have assault spawn outside the castle, defense inside.. and have assault have to breach the castle and either arm a bomb somewhere.. or grab some intel and extract it.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• {RR}-Maclobster{RR}-Maclobster Posts: 218Beta Tester
    edited August 2015
    That looks ace Mac! its even got a moat :)

For game modes you could possibly have assault spawn outside the castle, defense inside.. and have assault have to breach the castle and either arm a bomb somewhere.. or grab some intel and extract it.

yes extraction will also work fine i think :)

Or maybe put some rockets ready for launch and the assault team has a limit time for disable it ( like the rock )

The assault team has one big positive thing that defending not have, the can run already in the countdown time to the spwanbarrier , complete left , right of middle castle , and taking there position

(\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Lobby, your maps rock!!!

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited August 2015
    I keep coming back to the topic just to look again at the screenshots :mrgreen:

Release it already, I'd opt back out.. just to try it :)

edited August 2015
    I keep coming back to the topic just to look again at the screenshots :mrgreen:

Release it already, I'd opt back out.. just to try it :)

its a big castle, helmsdeep :mrgreen:

Can not release it yet , its far from finished ;)
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    This is the kind of map that really makes me wish there were some more flexibility on the player respawn issue.

Can you imagine having waves? Assault breaks through the outermost walls and the defense gets a respawn wave from further inside. Assault breaches that, defense gets one last wave inside the keep.

The map looks absolutely gorgeous. With a respawn system, I think it could be incredibly popular. As is, though, I think it could get really bogged down when player counts get low... but I say that with zero playtime.

Again, it looks like a really great environment, I can't emphasize that enough.

You should talk to DELTATHUND3R about getting some scripted events with catapults knocking down walls :open_mouth:
    edited August 2015
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Lobby, your maps rock!!!
    Thanks Keebler :)
    BCPull wrote: »
    This is the kind of map that really makes me wish there were some more flexibility on the player respawn issue.

Can you imagine having waves? Assault breaks through the outermost walls and the defense gets a respawn wave from further inside. Assault breaches that, defense gets one last wave inside the keep.

The map looks absolutely gorgeous. With a respawn system, I think it could be incredibly popular. As is, though, I think it could get really bogged down when player counts get low... but I say that with zero playtime.

Again, it looks like a really great environment, I can't emphasize that enough.

You should talk to DELTATHUND3R about getting some scripted events with catapults knocking down walls :open_mouth:

I agree BCPull , the good thing is that the assault team can already run to there position in the countdown, complete to the left, right , middle of the castle

The mission type is realy a thing to think about, that can give the situation i think for no bogged moment because of the size of the map, so yeah i still dont know what mission type best is,

I wish there was a extraction bomb, and if you drop it the countdown of the bomb is set on 1 min , even if the playtime is 5 min, as soon you pick up the bomb you controle it and there is no problem, so the team needs to be verry carefull and play togheter to placing the bomb and not lose the bomb to long out of hands hehe

Less camping also i hope
    Maybe with that system you created no bogged moment longer then 1 min? :)

Delta teach me great stuff with the editor, and i think its possible to create a action catapult :) :)
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Looks very nice.

Would it be possible to have two bombs so that you need to breach a wall with one and then destroy something else with the other?
    Or activate a Trebuchet to send a rock plummeting at the castle wall, allowing entry! talk about door breaching, who needs a Shotgun?

edited August 2015
    Im working on a Trebuchet that works, but that will be add later, first i really like to test it and polishing it , need to wait when we can upload in the opt-in , uploading is not possible right now

Right now i have add 4 Take and Hold objectives for the test
    1 in the dungeon
    1 in the knightshouse ( top ruin main building )
    1 in the library ( ruin )
    1 in the farmhouse

will add more screenies :)

8zaGrY6.jpg
    aocnZwz.jpg
    RbqocNt.jpg
    k9NDxf4.jpg
    EzlNArp.jpg
    Lxm7sY9.jpg
    p885wsp.jpg
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
    Ok Castle is ready for testing and downloading

Note : this map has no ambient or othersounds yet , its still WIP

Personal i think the map is to big for Multiplayer
    But a good map for a COOP

Please let me know what you think of the map :smile:

What kind of gamemode should it be?
    Should it be a COOP?
    Should it be a 12 vs 12 map?

Thank you for testing :smile:

Download link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=536101510

(\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • Prim1505Prim1505 Posts: 21Player
    Looks great Lobby, going to try at out asap.
    Prim.
  • DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 126Moderator
    Trebuchet ohh what fun
    Yep easy as scrambled eggs.
    1 Use Trigger_Trebuchet_mover arm_trigger swings arm_Arm Hits peak of movement_Triggers_unhide rock 0.01Delay_activates movement track_ flys to target_Hits RI or trigVol _frac mesh_collapes_team goes HOOAH.
    It is big but it is awesome, I can't even imagine how long that’s taken you Mac WOW its epic man.. Really. I love it I want a 12v12 on it like right now!

Really wish I had a server :(

edited October 2015
    Trebuchet ohh what fun
    Yep easy as scrambled eggs.
    1 Use Trigger_Trebuchet_mover arm_trigger swings arm_Arm Hits peak of movement_Triggers_unhide rock 0.01Delay_activates movement track_ flys to target_Hits RI or trigVol _frac mesh_collapes_team goes HOOAH.
    Lollll Delta hahhaha
    It is big but it is awesome, I can't even imagine how long that’s taken you Mac WOW its epic man.. Really. I love it I want a 12v12 on it like right now!

Really wish I had a server

Thanks Uni-sol :smile:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Holly cow, what a work!! CONGRATS!!
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    Every time I load this map, I feel like I'm missing my armor and I want a sword. :p
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited October 2015
    Maclobster wrote: »
    Hi all Soldiers
    Im working just for fun on a really really big map CASTLE
    Just wondering for feedback if this is to big or not as a play map ???
    Im still breaking my head on the Game mode so i dont know yet
    Just creating it right now for fun :smiley:

Hope you will like it

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=536101510

Reminds me of the old war movie, "Castle Keep". B)
    googley avatar aapg

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    we played it on Beer_Me , plays well, nice layout ,defence tend to stay around the castle area , with the obj set as it is now , i think an extract version would be interesting, getting the vip/documents/flag out of the castle to escape an attacking force