Live stream cameras

CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID]CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Posts: 93Player
edited August 2015 in Mission Editor - Support
I followed the tutorial from the archived forums, [TUTORIAL] Live Stream Security cameras / Post Processing

I have it working perfectly in editor and when testing locally. But like some in that thread, I have only a green screen when on a live server. maclobster had the issue and posted this:
maclobster wrote:
Ok i have it working for the server :mrgreen:
Credits for wolverine

Just dont use the aascenecapturereflectactor
but the scenecapturereflectactor
However I'm not looking for a reflection, just the regular scenecapture.

Any ideas what I need to do?

EDIT :neutral: I figured it out.

I must have been tired when I tried it before because the solution was simple, and I just had to think more about maclobster's quote above. So the trick is to not use the AASceneCapture2DActor but rather the SceneCapture2DActor

OMYbYNW.jpg
PLevlex.jpg

Comments

• [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Good to see you got it working.

One thing I will say, depending on the number of camera sources you want, you might find people complaining of lag/stutter when playing the map, especially those with lower spec PCs. I think the code used for the capture actor requires all players to constantly compute the captured footage, even if they are not looking at a screen displaying it.

I built MedCentre with 5 security cameras (streaming to 2 sets of 4 screens) and one mirror, and several clan mates found it unplayable. I had to lower it to two cameras on two screens with no mirror to get it working, and they still say it is not perfect.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    That's interesting....is it possible that AAPG's spectate cameras cause lag/stutter???!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.