ME - permanent opt-in - sounds and static mesh and others

RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
edited August 2015 in Mission Editor - Support
Hi Devs,

i moved to the permament opt-in and i noted many changes with ME. I have to reworking (some heavily and some less :( ) all my maps but the question is: can i begin with these reworking? The editor's assets are stable? Are there some hints about new sounds or in the ME i can use them like the old version? Publishing new versions of the maps is already available or we have to wait the end of the opt-in phase??

Comments

• RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    edited August 2015
    Noted: the big ME seems really unstable.....it crashes a lot..... :/ ...and plying level the sounds don't work....
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for making a topic directly associated to the opt-in ME, was going to do one last night but had already posted my issue in a different thread. The editor is more stable for me than it was before but then I just built a new PC.

There's some kinda new sound format being used by the game, as far as I can tell anyway. No doubt associated with the new sound engine. One that you probably need some sort of software on your PC to be able to read properly, something that’s not shipped with the game and is stopping us from being able to work with the new sounds. (like when you have missing codecs)

Try as I might I can't get it to work, I can't even use any of the new sounds in my map. Kinda don't know what to do at this point, sounds are a BIG part of the game.. we need them in our environs and need to be able to test them.. right now neither can be achieved.

I'm already missing soundwaves and cues :(

I can live with replacing missing, deleted, moved or renamed assets, but I can't deal with no sound.. This is a big deal. So if anyone knows how to work with these 'AK' thingamajigs.. Or if I'm stupid and am missing something please for the love of AA enlighten me.

On a plus note.. I got my grubbies on the boxcar and other train related stuff for my map and its coming along nicely :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited August 2015
    To add.. I can't get activated objective to work. It worked before so I know the mission is setup right, thing is now when all three are activated.. nothing happens.. the round resumes.. instead of awarding a win to assualt.

1z55078.jpg

I'm also am unable to launch the map through the game offline, if I type open mymapname in the console it crashes my client.

• [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    I am gonna take a break from map editing until they release some information on the changes they have made to the editor and the changes to the sound.
    Some of the assets they removed make no real sense. The Cervanian high class car mesh is missing, but all the textures for it are still there :/ Seeing as I made a map specifically with cars in it, and there already wasn't really enough cars, to remove one is annoying.
    edited August 2015
    Yeah.. I have a feeling were testing the opt-in ME as much as the opt-in game itself. Lets hope they soak up this feedback :)
    Mission editor is available to update your maps so they are ready for release (can’t publish to steam yet though)

Since a lot of my map (or anyones for that matter) is sound dependent I kinda can't do anything right now, lets hope its just quirks and bugs and they update the editor too along with the opt-in itself.. Right now I couldn’t possibly get my map anywhere near ready, sounds are just too important to ignore and a rainy map (in my case) certainly needs to be able to be tested in the editor :(

I've been lucky with assets in that there were only a few that were moved or removed. Did anyone find out yet how to even use the new packaged sounds? I can't edit properties, they resemble actors.. Not sounds.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I've been browsing a lot at Audiokinetic...the home of Wwise to try and learn some stuff...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Ahhhhh! That’s what the AK stand for, you already learned me one thing about this new 'way' :lol:

Please keep us updated on your findings Keebler :+1:

Well, I do know there are free tools for non-commercial projects over there, but I don't know if they integrate with UE3 without a special license....
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited August 2015
    Yeah the way the new sound files are in the editor, when trying to do anything useful whatsoever with them, to no avail.. leads me to think we need some sort of application that works in tandem with the editor that can make use of them AK files.. But that’s just me 'thinking out loud'.. I really don't have a clue :lol:

Anyway.. Who's the dev in charge of ME related feedback?.. Right now I would like to meet him in a server (on opposite sides) and show him an issue I have with the shotgun :)

Hah!!!
    ______

edited August 2015
    I just had my first ME crash of the opt-in.. It was a hard freeze of the PC accompanied by a loud speaker buzzing. Had to be hard reset. No logs were generated because of the lack of BSOD nor is their any indication of anything faulting before the crash occurred. It's a chin scratcher.

I was dragging a static mesh out of the content browser about to plonk into the map space.. when it happened.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Just so you know, this question isn't being ignored. We are focusing right now on getting the ME ready for you guys so you can start using it properly again.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

TheTots wrote: »
    Just so you know, this question isn't being ignored. We are focusing right now on getting the ME ready for you guys so you can start using it properly again.

I knew that, I just like being impatient sometimes :mrgreen:

.. Meet on server invite still stands :lol:

Another one for you :mrgreen:

Launching the basic editor from opt-in, launches the game not the editor.

I tried and got it to open the 64bit ME. It crashed on exit though....
    ______

Keebler750 wrote: »
    I tried and got it to open the 64bit ME. It crashed on exit though....

Hmmm.. it's weird because I just tried it again and it did load the editor :lol: not sure what happened there..

And yep, the editor crashes too on exit, every time.

• [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    I have found that if you exit either editor, and then quickly restart it, it will load the game instead (goes to tyres screen).
    If you quit the editor, switch option on the launcher, switch back and load the editor again, it works normally.
    I think there is a bug in the launcher somewhere but it is so small, I don't think it is important to fix right now.
    I have found that if you exit either editor, and then quickly restart it, it will load the game instead (goes to tyres screen).
    If you quit the editor, switch option on the launcher, switch back and load the editor again, it works normally.
    I think there is a bug in the launcher somewhere but it is so small, I don't think it is important to fix right now.

Yep, This is exactly the trouble I had, I closed the advanced and went to open the basic almost straight after.. which loaded the game up for some reason instead of the editor.

Still good info. You never know what else might be connected to that little fix...!
    ______

• RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    edited August 2015
    Up!!! Devs i have a problem with a static mesh that with the last version of ME has no more collision. At least i tried to add collision but with no results.

The static mesh is:

StaticMesh'ModKit_Walls_03.Meshes.Flat_01_Win01_JS_SMesh'

I dont understand why this SM has not collision; all the other meshes of these 'wall SM' have it. With the previous version of ME i was able to add collision. I think thatb the best thing to do is to give it a 'collision' like other meshes. I need yr help because i used this SM in many maps and now it doesn't work nomore.