AAGame.exe has stopped working

PhantomBuliTPhantomBuliT Posts: 105Player
edited August 2015 in Game Support
My problem is as follows: I launch the game and the launcher comes up once i click on launch game the splash screen comes up, the game then freezes and i get the "AAGAME.exe has stopped working" error.
-
I am running windows 8.1
Cpu specs:
i5 4690k Devis Canyon OC'd to 4.5
Samsung 850 PRO SSD
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition
16 GB Gskill Trident X @2666mhz
27" Gsync 144hz Monitor
-
I have tried the following to fix my problem, starting with how i installed the game initially:
-
I started off by just selecting the optin and downloading it. The download size in steam was ~4.5gb.
The game was getting a stopped working error.
I then deleted the entire folder from my "Document\My Games\America's Army"
Then proceeded to go into steam and verify the game files from steam in-order to rebuild the config files.
Game still would not launch and errors out with SW error prompt.
Then deleted Both the ENTIRE "steamapps\common\America's Army" folder and all config folders from documents once again.
Redownloaded fresh copy through steam. Size ~5.gb
Installed punkbuster manually using the pbsetup.exe
Game will still NOT launch with SW error.
You don't see the Phantom coming, if you feel my Bullets it's already too late.
-
76561197988682874.png
-
My Rig (Midori-chan)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit | MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Mobo | i5 4690k OC'd @ 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1 Edition | Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 16 GB Gskil Ram @ 2666mhz

Comments

• PhantomBuliTPhantomBuliT Posts: 105Player
    Windows Application Event Log "AAGAME.EXE" and Steam logs
    6dhm0n4tbnak.jpg
    -
    76561197988682874.png
    -
    My Rig (Midori-chan)
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit | MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Mobo | i5 4690k OC'd @ 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1 Edition | Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 16 GB Gskil Ram @ 2666mhz
    Other things i have tried that did not work:
    Setting AAgame to launch as admin
    setting aalauncher to launch as admin
    setting both to launch as admin
    launching game outside of steam
    disabling steam overlay and all other possible programs with overlay(tsnotifier, geforce experience, etc.)
    -
    76561197988682874.png
    -
    My Rig (Midori-chan)
    Open beta version of game works fine and i have never had issues with crashes before todays opt-in
    -
    76561197988682874.png
    -
    My Rig (Midori-chan)
  • I'm having the same issue tried doing everything they said in the second thread TheTot posted didn't help. I've already tried reinstalling, deleting the folder in docs and verifying cache. Only thing I can think of is my settings in NVIDIA control panel, I'll try messing with that.

Solved(at least for me; go to Edit (3):)
    Edit (1):
    aaaaand it's fixed (hopefully)

What I did is I went to NVIDIA control panel, first I tried deleting my profile on NVIDIA control panel then launched my game, didn't work. Moved on and went to "global settings" then hitting restore. When I then tried launching it worked got in game and everything, although I had to double click the launcher for it to actual load the game application and it started in a low resolution(probably just due to me deleting my config file).

I wish I took a picture of what my "global settings" looked like before I reset it but it was probably a mixture of program settings and global settings, if not just global settings. I did however take a small gif of my program settings which is here. I was able to switch my preferred graphics processor back to "High-performance NVIDIA processor" and launch the game when I joined a server at first try I crashed but then I tried other servers and went back to that one and could join all of them. Hopefully this makes sense, going to try to mess around with program files to see if it was indeed only global settings.

Specs:
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i3/i5/i7 4xxx @ 2.60GHz
    Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
    Motherboard
    Notebook P65_P67SG (SOCKET 0)
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 (CLEVO/KAPOK Computer)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M (CLEVO/KAPOK Computer)*Note that I have NVIDIA Optimus
    Storage
    931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA)
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Edit (2):
    Looks like setting preferred graphics processor to "High-performance NVIDIA processor" crashes the game. Earlier I said I didn't think it was the cause I probably might of forgot to hit apply after restore the settings? The only thing is I kinda need my graphics card to play the game so ya isn't really a solution at least for me. Between the three options Auto-select, High-performance NVIDIA processor, and Integrated Graphics only the latter and the former work. From past experience "Auto-select" selects the CPUs integrated graphics I'll see if it doesn't but I'm 99% sure it will(just tried, I couldn't get over 18+ FPS so I'm assuming it was using the CPUs integrated graphics). I'm fairly certain setting it to "High-performance NVIDIA processor" was the culprit, though some things in program setting's features might crash the game, I can't really test that. This being said I'm assuming it's the driver that is at fault?

Edit (3) Solution:
    Final edit here you can set your global settings to "Auto-select" then go into program settings and then press add then hit AAGame.exe not America's Army Launcher, after doing so go to "2. Select the preferred...." and select "High-performance NVIDIA processor". Some of the settings below might break it, but I doubt it. So basically the launcher can't be launched with my GPU and driver. Also going to keep the other edits in just in case it helps someone else with some other issue.
    Hopefully this fixes your problem!

• Hope It Works, we'll get it workin eventually.
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited August 2015
    Solution looks easy, I have the same problem.

Run your Launcher from: Steam -> steamapps -> common -> America's Army -> AAPG -> Binaries -> Win32.

Enjoy!
  • -sh!No^.newGen--sh!No^.newGen- Posts: 7Player
    Same Problem here. My Event Report (in german):

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: AAGame.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x55ba473e
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.3.9600.17055, Zeitstempel: 0x532943a3
    Ausnahmecode: 0x00000001
    Fehleroffset: 0x00011d4d
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x83c
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d0cc4687fade86
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Berichtskennung: c7ffc7ef-3839-11e5-8255-f07959dad7f6
    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
    Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Game crashes after clicking "Launch game" in the launcher. no posted solution worked for me

My System is also running with a Geforce 970.

Both, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 didnt work.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    edited August 2015
    Close the game, then delete your config files from here..

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config

Inside the config folder there are a bunch of files,

ipo0as.jpg

delete them all.. then re-launch the game with your fingers crossed.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -sh!No^.newGen--sh!No^.newGen- Posts: 7Player
    Close the game, then delete your config files from here..

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config

Inside the config folder there are a bunch of files,

ipo0as.jpg

delete them all.. then re-launch the game with your fingers crossed.

Thumbs up! Thanks a lot
    I have already tried all of above, i still am unable to launch the game
    -
    76561197988682874.png
    -
    My Rig (Midori-chan)
  • =R*C=Joey_au=R*C=Joey_au Posts: 4Player
    yep I tried all the above and it keeps crashing. bugga. :( back to the beta.
    cheers
    Joe
    Hey joey did you delete the "America's Army" folder from "documents" or did you delete the one from "documents\my games" because that was part of my issue, after i updated to windows 10, and reinstalled my graphics drivers, i was able to launch the game again by deleting BOTH folders. If you delete the other one the game will still hang. I had to delete both folders.
    -
    Also WHEN is the game crashing for you? Is it at the launcher or the splash screen? I was having issues launching the opt-in from steam(somehow steam is running the launcher located in "binaries" instead of the correct one in "binaries\win32"
    -
    I had to manually point it to the correct launcher or run it manually by opening the folder to get the game to launch.
    -
    76561197988682874.png
    -
    My Rig (Midori-chan)
    Thanks Phantom will give it another go it was crashing at the splash screen will let you know
    cheers
    Joe
    That fixed it thanks phantom. backed up the beta, deleted all aapg folders I could find, did a clean install, and it fired up first go.
    cheers
    Joe
  • adrbinadrbin Posts: 1Player
    Hi, in my case, deleting a folder with screenshots (in documents) worked, but settings was default.