Permanent Opt-in: Pros/Cons & Thoughts

ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
I had the opportunity to play my first few OPT-IN games (under a super secret alias) with several Devs earlier this afternoon. We were able to go back and forth about some of the changes that had taken place.

It was great playing something fresh out of the factory, and discussing with players the new changes. Most importantly, I was finally treated to hearing Dalton speak about... whatever it was that he was saying :) So after about 10 games, here are my preliminary thoughts.

Pros:
-Supported strafe is now SLOW
-Ground/Surface sounds are more accurate
-The Menu interface is nice, especially the new server browser. Great job
-The weapon firing sounds from your own soldier are MUCH better. The shotgun sounds great, the SAW was nice. However, - sounds coming from other soldiers still seems a bit odd.
-The new bullet impact effects are outstanding, it adds a feeling of immersion when involved in a gun fight. A visual game changer really.
-I'm sure admins will greatly appreciate their new server-admin abilities.
-Breach spam window is GONE... BYE BYE BYE...


To-do:
-I'd like the ability to zoom-in on character models, and weapon models in the "My Soldier" tab. I do like the fact that we can rotate.
-I would also like a head shot indicator on the top right. It's great having others know you made a sick shot bro.
-Angle marking on the compass would be a great for communicating enemy positions
-Fireteams, pretty please. You already have the layout done under Loudout.
- I would still like to see detailed damage-inflicted information on enemy at the end of a round.
-I'd still like to see automatic reloads gone
-Some non bicyclist-looking helmets to choose from would be nice.

Undecided:
-Can no longer prone crawl and remain scoped in.
-Will we see a return of the previous white-box maps?

What are your thoughts?
image
Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
FGNL Season 1 Champions
FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
«13456716

Comments

  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    Gun too loud, can't hear footsteps.
    Pin pulls I so far can't seem to pin point where players are throwing from. Maybe that comes with time.
    Also I think too much eye candy, can't see models.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Why does the saw have no recoil and sound like it has a silencer?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I think the ability to switch players is really bad and will be abused too much.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,620Beta Tester
    Dragon, speaking for no one but myself, it feels good to hear you diggin' some of this stuff... :) This community has lost a lot of impatient people who didn't have the staying power to understand the production pipeline in a GOVERNMENT :o game. Even without working in Closed Beta, I always felt that stuff would eventually start working itself out. It's tough to hear the negativity sometime, so...it's really nice to hear your analysis.
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2015
    I'd like the server list to show players currently in server when highlighted, if possible.. Theres enough free space :)

    Cue example..

    21nmd0y.jpg
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • PredictionPrediction Posts: 134Player
    Still not a fan of the sound - makes the game unplayable for me
  • {ANTS}_SaViOr{ANTS}_SaViOr Posts: 21Player
    edited August 2015
    Hope it's better than the past opt-ins.
  • n1]CeparSo^n1]CeparSo^ Posts: 60Player
    Prediction wrote: »
    Still not a fan of the sound - makes the game unplayable for me

    same for me dont like the sound. to much echo in rooms and weapons sound is just bad except the sniper.

    big negative point for me are the new textures every wall looks same for me now. There is no contrast at all and it looks like they just used 3 colors on a map.

    To be honest I start to hate this game right now if this gonna be like final version gl hf all
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    Prediction wrote: »
    Still not a fan of the sound - makes the game unplayable for me

    It may take a few matches to get used to it...
    Oh well.
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    I also played the game, a few matches, including the one with dalton haha.
    To be honest it didn't feel that smooth playing it, but I got the hang of it after a few rounds.
    There is a little bug where a mouse pointer shows up but you're not in settings or anything like that.
    Which results in not being able to move and/ or go into the settings, just the console works.
    Some of the sounds are pretty good, but suffer from too much echo and I felt it was really hard to work out the origin.
    Fully agreeing with the immersion though, it felt a little faster too. The maps seem a little higher spec but doesn't suffer from performance loss. I noticed a little texture issue with one of the soldiers though, his pants were bright green. All in all, mixed emotions, but I certainly believe it'll grow on me.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,516Player
    Weapons to loud ,I turned the sound down but didn't help I could not hear footsteps.
    Also I feel the weapons sound should be toned down and footsteps louder that would make it ok for me..
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    I can actually hear footsteps better than the normal beta
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    I can actually hear footsteps better than the normal beta
    :smiley:

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Keep in mind guys, if you set up your EQ special for PG, you need to start over with it for the opt-in. The same levels won't work because of all the sound changes.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited July 2015
    TheTots wrote: »
    Keep in mind guys, if you set up your EQ special for PG, you need to start over with it for the opt-in. The same levels won't work because of all the sound changes.
    too add to that we are on a real sound engine now I say real because the old one was/is so bad compared to this one. That if you own a sound card and its not setup properly your not going to hear like to you did in open beta. You need to have your sound setup correctly for this opt-in. As a little test for people with sound cards try playing the opt-in with your onboard audio drivers if you hear better with onboard you don't have your sound card setup properly.

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • n1]CeparSo^n1]CeparSo^ Posts: 60Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Keep in mind guys, if you set up your EQ special for PG, you need to start over with it for the opt-in. The same levels won't work because of all the sound changes.

    Im testing it with my second PC right now and didnt changed anything in the EQ in PG before and it worked just fine now you say I have to adjust my settings to hear everything good sry but that sounds foolish to me.
  • cK^CeparSo wrote: »
    TheTots wrote: »
    Keep in mind guys, if you set up your EQ special for PG, you need to start over with it for the opt-in. The same levels won't work because of all the sound changes.

    Im testing it with my second PC right now and didnt changed anything in the EQ in PG before and it worked just fine now you say I have to adjust my settings to hear everything good sry but that sounds foolish to me.

    surely you should be able to hear properly without adjusting your sounds and also on a few maps you put a lot of detail in but for a few players that came at a loss of performance and keep getting FPS drops randomly after doing all of the .ini file tweaks
  • TonyZ.itTonyZ.it Posts: 25Player
    sound when you " fire "it is ridiculous.It seems a tractor.
  • I'd like the server list to show players currently in server when highlighted, if possible.. Theres enough free space :)

    Cue example..

    21nmd0y.jpg

    Yes i agree that would be pretty awesome and would also fit in with all of the looks as well.
This discussion has been closed.