The Permanent Opt-In is now live!

Comments

• LuckEDoggsLuckEDoggs Posts: 13Player
    I don't have the option to download the beta. The drop-down to opt-in in STEM, only has one option that is "NONE- Opt out of all beta programs"

How do I know if STEAM downloaded the latest version?

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    restart steam

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • LuckEDoggsLuckEDoggs Posts: 13Player
    Thanks! that worked. I thought rebooting the PC would have fixed it, but it appears that I needed to shut and restart STEAM.
  • .SuN..SuN. Posts: 6Player
    Any chance of an official opt-in server for the west coast?
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 271Player
    Sound is still jacked up but playable....
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • -[nlkc]-eXIst-[nlkc]-eXIst Posts: 4Player
    Played 2 hours Yesterday. Really like the reduced recoil when firing your gun not scoped. Combined with the faster gameplay I had a lot fun.
    The sound so far is disastrous for me. I tested some settings with friends online. My own steps are very very loud. I can not hear the footsteps of my teammate running by (location Bravo team spawn slums), I did find locations on other maps like hospital where I could hear friendly and enemy foot steps. This is hopefully work in progress. The weapon sound is incredibly loud and does not sound real. If someone finds settings for the Logitech G35 headset that work please pm me.
    I also noticed a bug which has likely been reported already. A frag grenade was dropped 1.5 feet away from me while I was picking up a teammate, it exploded right when he came up. He flew away into a ditch, I did not register any damage on me.
  • DWT|AC*DWT|AC* Posts: 23Player
    hi, If anyone can readme, this new version needs to be fixed.
    1: HOOAHH is not working
    2: Sound Bullets is very strong and plastic and shotgun sounds a little bad. The foot steps need more clarity as in the older version. The sound has to be fixed because is the most important in a new game.
    3: Custon camo is not working fine.
    4: this new version need more new custom maps.

if i see new bugs, i'm going to post again.

ty for all this work.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 271Player
    Other games have incorporated the Wwise sound engine just fine:
    ac4 black flag, h1z1, destiny, dirty bomb, dead nation, blacklight retribution.
    Why does aapg have such a hard time nailing down the sound??
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited August 2015

Picky customers? :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• PhantomBuliTPhantomBuliT Posts: 105Player

Picky customers? :lol:

No. Honestly I don't see it as picky at all. The opt-in version of the game has been under active and constant development for over 9 months now, the fact that the sound engine has been borked for the 3 months that they have been using it is unacceptable for a LOT of the more serious players in the community. The fact that the sound is so bad and broken to the point where players are rage quitting ENTIRELY because of the sound mechanice is also UNACCEPTABLE in MY mind as well as many other players. They have had the time to do it right, they have the manpower and the tools.
    -
    The fact that they are so close to release right now and that the game is still in this state is incomprehensible to people like Vapor, and I agree with him completely.
    -
    The game as it stands currently is BROKEN and barely playable for serious gamers.
    -
    Don't hijack a thread to tear down other players, especially the ones who ACTUALLY WANT this game to be fixed because they ENJOY playing it.
    -
    Give some actual advice or help that will improve the situation. All you are doing right now is causing unnecessary posts in this thread. Stay on topic and maybe we can all help improve the game instead of tearing everyone down with FACTUAL impressions of what is currently wrong/needs fixing.
    -
    The forums exist so that the DEVs can get feedback from the community and change stuff to better serve what the community wants. Not so everyone can come in here and crap post on everyone. "Boo your opinion sucks go play another game if you don't like it" I've been very active on the forums the past few days and I have seen enough of this. We need to be a community and actually have some constructive conversations here, instead of all the bull that serves no purpose here and does not help anyone.
    END RANT
    You don't see the Phantom coming, if you feel my Bullets it's already too late.
    -
    76561197988682874.png
    -
    My Rig (Midori-chan)
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit | MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Mobo | i5 4690k OC'd @ 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1 Edition | Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 16 GB Gskil Ram @ 2666mhz
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    You should BATTLE with bam cause those capitalizations are AWESOME.
    edited August 2015
    Twas posted lightheartedly (aka JOKE) hence the smiley at end. Sorry dude.

Not intending to Hijack.. tear down.. derail whatever.. or anything of the sort. I known Vapor on AA forums for years.. In a community you always have a person who is not ALWAYS so serious, who likes to have a laugh now and again and when an opportunity arises where you can drop in a one liner you gotta take that opportunity. Sometimes they be a little ill timed, maybe that’s the case here.

I understand this is a time for feedback.. and nobody needs a joker going around making a post that could be taken so seriously, but man.. I can't help being me, I'm a self confessed troll, but a good one (I think?) :lol:

I reported myself for you, welcome to the forum btw :)

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    No. If this is a community...we NEED to joke around.

Relax, Uni....I'm sure someone is just being a "Very Serious Gamer."
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited August 2015
    When people are seriously beefed for whatever reasons, it's understandable.

I too hope that sounds get better.. I mean, the M4 sounds like it has a suppressor attached and I can't see no suppressor! (not in its volume, just the way it sounds when firing).. I sometimes can't hear when some dude is right up scrubbing against my backpack ready to choke.. I hear people getting revived 3 rooms away from me, or glass breaking out of nowhere..

I can't even use my beloved editor! all cuz of these darn new sounds!

Under the visard.. I'm quite livid myself! :lol:

My rule for life is nothing...not even video games...MAKES us angry. We lose control and choose it as an option. But hey.....I'm old.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • PhantomBuliTPhantomBuliT Posts: 105Player
    Honestly Uni that wasn't directed completely towards you. It's just a trend i have been noticing here, more so in the game support forums. If someone is asking for help or describing a genuine issue we need to take the facts into account and work to help them. I know that you weren't being super serious when you posted that Uni, but someone else reading the forums may. No body likes to be told "you suck and your pc is crap play something else" etc. But that is exactly what i have been seeing and it's definitely a bit upsetting. Yes I am a very serious person and I have been told that i have no sense of humor. But that's just me. I can joke around too, but there's a time and place, and ill try to be abit more lighthearted on the forums LOL.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    You should BATTLE with bam cause those capitalizations are AWESOME.

Tell bam any time anywhere :) ill be online if hes ready
    You don't see the Phantom coming, if you feel my Bullets it's already too late.
    -
    76561197988682874.png
    -
    My Rig (Midori-chan)
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit | MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Mobo | i5 4690k OC'd @ 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1 Edition | Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 16 GB Gskil Ram @ 2666mhz
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Well those who tell others go play another game, this is lame and other none constructive comments are actually very small number of players.. Bad news is they post the most stuff here... I get your frustration...
  • [Xlll]-=$k!zo=-[Xlll]-=$k!zo=- Posts: 2Player
    edited August 2015
    hi,
    the first few minutes of the new opt-in, my teammate flying
    teammate flying
    :-)

nice work , keep going
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,047Moderator
    hi,
    the first few minutes of the new opt-in, my teammate flying
    teammate flying
    :-)

nice work , keep going
    Thats pretty cool, we sent players miles high.
    (aka "known issue" )
    ss_4_frankof.png
    That is one bug I hope they leave in!!! :D
    ______