The Permanent Opt-In is now live!

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    The VOIP icon shows up when you first speak above a volume threshold now instead of when you press the PTT key. A bit jarring to me, but probably just something to get used to. Is this a step towards allowing voice detection as well as PTT?
  • I keep getting FPS drops and so do a few of my friends does anyone know how to help as i have followed pretty much everything i did to boost MY FPS on the old version of AA by 17 FPS????? help please as would like to play without the FPS drops........
  • TonyZ.itTonyZ.it Posts: 25Player
    edited July 2015
    Nice graphic , fail sound when you fire is like

trattore.jpg
  • [nrk]zmB-.-[nrk]zmB-.- Posts: 85Player
    The basic sound is pretty good, but: Reverb is to high. Bass and middle to low.
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I'd also like to be able to hear all my soldiers actions in the editor when playtesting. Kinda need that to be a thing tbh..

I'm also not sure how to use the new sounds, they are in a package with weird 'AK' named formats. I can't seem to do anything with them.. Help a dude out?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -PillowPantz--PillowPantz- Posts: 18Beta Tester
    *waiting for game to slowly download* ahh australian internetz you fail me.
  • 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    Not sure what the issue is, but I can't play more than 5 minutes without getting kicked. Which log should I look in for details on kick reason?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Try doing a full uninstall / reinstall of punkbuster and see if that helps. That's fixed it for most.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• You guys should make it way more like the old beta!
  • .SuN..SuN. Posts: 6Player
    edited August 2015
    I don't actually see the beta opt-in in my steam settings as I previously have. I've been on the opt-in sessions previously. Anyone have any ideas if I'm doing something wrong?

EDIT:

So I didn't have the optin option on my Steam Beta settings. I tried restarting, reinstalling, etc... nothing worked.

After the second reinstall I verified the integrity of the game cache, and it fixed the problem... go figure.
  • null
    Try opening the AK files and click files on your computer, x86, steam, steam apps, AAPG, and copy and paste the sound(s) in the AAPG folder!! TRY IT! It may not work but it's worth a try!
  • =101st=_Drewskie=101st=_Drewskie Posts: 3Player
    I am obviously a noob but where do I find "My Soldier" to customize it?
    drew.gif
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    f6aH5Hp.png
  • -PillowPantz--PillowPantz- Posts: 18Beta Tester
    PreC. have set up a australian server for those aussies wanting to give it a try without mega lag issues .
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    .SuN. wrote: »
    I don't actually see the beta opt-in in my steam settings as I previously have. I've been on the opt-in sessions previously. Anyone have any ideas if I'm doing something wrong?
    I had to restart steam to get it.
    A few more bits and pieces I noticed. When you are typing a message and the round ends or starts it cuts off and enters what you have been typing so far, which is really annoying.
    F.e.
    Goodvibe says : I really need to
    Goodvibe says : get used to th
    Goodvibe says: the new aiming.

Another little thing I noticed is that when you assign a key it won't tell you it was in use.
    To be honest this game is really growing on me, it's a tad faster and more realistic.

• =101st=_Drewskie=101st=_Drewskie Posts: 3Player
    Thanks found my issue, was running old version instead of new one. Told you noob error.
    drew.gif
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Can we get a detailed list of all changes? (or is there one and I've missed it?) initially the game felt completely different to me.. Its no criticism I'm just curious, I warmed to it quickly enough..

Shotgun grouping felt much tighter, especially when ADS.
    Sight up times for many weapons felt different/longer/shorter.
    Recoil seemed more severe.. for whatever reasons (stamina, sway). Except for SAW.
    Animations seemed new/different.
    Even the various character movement speeds felt different.

New game? :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Try doing a full uninstall / reinstall of punkbuster and see if that helps. That's fixed it for most.

I've tried multiple ways of deleting and reinstalling punkbuster. Still getting kicked. Not sure which log files I need to look in for reason.
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    Are Data Center and Outpost included and improved in regards to the opt in 4?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    The white box maps weren't included in this build. Dev Rawrster is working on those internally right now.

I'm not sure if / when those will make it back out for public testing, but they are still in development (along with some other white boxes!)
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.