The Permanent Opt-In is now live!

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
We are getting closer to ending the Beta and need your help to get some final testing in before pushing it to the main game in Steam. This opt-in will not be temporary this time, we are going to keep it available and update it on a bi-weekly schedule. So if you want to move over from what has been on Steam to the test branch you can stay on it until release. We need you to report bugs you come across here: http://www.americasarmy.com/profile and click “Submit a Bug Report”. As always, leave feedback on the forums at http://forum.americasarmy.com.

What’s New Since the Last Opt-in?

Mission editor is available to update your maps so they are ready for release (can’t publish to steam yet though)
My Soldier menu allows you to customize the gear and camo pattern of your soldier. The selected camo pattern is applied to all of your teammates (as you see them) and the color of the camo is determined by the level you are playing. Enemies always look the same.
Lots of minor UI updates to menu system and in game menus (load out, team select, scoreboard, AAR screens)
Performance improvements to HUD and UI
Performance improvements in stat tracking and reporting code
Weapon sounds have been updated and the bullet whips/cracks adjusted to not play with every bullet.
Updated bullet impact effects
Fixed some issues with stats, challenges and achievements not working properly
Server admin functions added for competitions. You can get a list of all commands in game by typing “adminhelp” in the console.
move a player to another team
enable/disable user roles
restart round
enable/disable comp mode
enable/disable character shadows (on next match)
enable/disable roe
lock/unlock optics
enable/disabled autobalance

How do I participate?

Right-click on the “America’s Army: Proving Grounds Beta” game in your Steam Library
Select “Properties”
Select the “BETAS” tab
Click the drop down where you select the beta you would like to opt into and select “test – Pre-release test version″
WARNING – this will download the opt-in test and replace the current version of the game you have! You can always select “NONE” and go back, but it will be a few GB download.

There is no limit to the number of people that can download the opt-in beta, but we will have a limited number of official servers running. There were several user-hosted servers during the last opt-in running custom settings, so there shouldn’t be a problem finding a server to play on.

http://news.americasarmy.com/new-opt-in-test-available-now/
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Spread the word guys, there is no reason to continue playing the current old version!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [G]old{F}^MaticICE[G]old{F}^MaticICE Posts: 16Player
    download complete :smiley:
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    a little bird told me all the stats and score you make in this optin will be carried over to final release.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    a little bird told me all the stats and score you make in this optin will be carried over to final release.

No, not right away they said... after a certain point in this perm opt in.. meaning soon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Eventually yes, but there will be a wipe before that happens. Once we are sure all the stats and tracking are functioning correctly we will wipe and keep it after that.

• c5.Wafflesc5.Waffles Posts: 39Player
    Any idea on the Military emblem for people? Mine's not on the opt-in, I see the Beta Tester and Dev ones, but not the military ones, don't know if its a bug or if i have to activate it from my side again.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Whew glad this is out.. the forums were getting updatangry even BCpull was cranky.. go figure. WOOT! onward & upward to an awesome game!!

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

Any idea on the Military emblem for people? Mine's not on the opt-in, I see the Beta Tester and Dev ones, but not the military ones, don't know if its a bug or if i have to activate it from my side again.

Just a bug with the UI. We will get it taken care of!

• c5.Wafflesc5.Waffles Posts: 39Player
    TheTots wrote: »

Just a bug with the UI. We will get it taken care of!

Awesome, i was looking for a button to turn it on but had no idea, thanks for the heads up
  • venom.Co$ta^.venom.Co$ta^. Posts: 8Player
    I cannot download it. Its says there are none ?
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,377Player
    The gun sound is very loud to the rest of the sounds on the maps.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    Titlescreen music though! :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

-SD-DELTON wrote: »

Yes, this is by design.

edited July 2015
    I seem to have stumbled on an issue.. is there a reason why guns, grenades or character movements make no sound when play testing a map in the editor?

Btw there were only 6 things things missing on my map due to their removal or relocation.. One of which was the MP7 model I added in there to make people think we might be getting a new weapon, assuming now that’s not going to happen :lol: a few were sounds that have gone miisng but other than that.. Its opened up fine in the editor (didnt before in prev opt-ins) and I'm sure when fixing above issue, it will be great to work with.

Did all previous sounds and sound effects get moved?

• frankoffrankof Posts: 942Moderator
    I seem to have stumbled on an issue.. is there a reason why guns, grenades or character movements make no sound when play testing a map in the editor?

Btw there were 6 things things missing on my map due to their removal or relocation.. One of which was the MP7 model I added in there to make people think we might be getting a new weapon, assuming now that’s not going to happen :lol: other than that.. Its opened up fine in the editor (didnt before in prev opt-ins) and I'm sure when fixing above issue, it will be great to work with.

Did all previous sounds and sound effects get moved?
    From my understanding, the lack of sound is only in the editor, play the map in the client and it should work fine.
    ss_4_frankof.png
    edited July 2015
    Ahhh thanks, I kinda needed them to work to test reverb effects on the weapons for tunnels/rooms..

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,377Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

Yes, this is by design.

Really why?
    Do you want us all to have a headache?
  • =]ES[=zomb!=]ES[=zomb! Posts: 80Player
    edited July 2015
    Is the accuracy hardly lowered while shooting unscoped? Or did i not realize it befor?

Btw. Just checked offline but, the sound is awesome
    Edit: [TOS Violation] YEAH Oldschool burst on M16!!! :open_mouth: Hooah! (anyway, little to much recoild for me)
    index.php?soldier=%3D%5DES%5B%3Dzomb%21
  • -SDr-misterferret-SDr-misterferret Posts: 4Player
    edited July 2015
    K!Dz.Co$tA wrote: »
    I cannot download it. Its says there are none ?

Try quitting steam and starting it again. That worked for me.
    misterferret/shinigami in AA2.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Camo select screen looks good ("My Soldier"). Only suggestion would be for the models to be larger, weapons in particular. There's a lot of empty space and the skins could be showcased better. I'm guessing this was done so that the M14 would barely fit and everything was shown at the same scale. It may look better if the guns were rotated and enlarged.

The fast-scroll bug on the Training > Explore screen (scrolling too quickly causes thumbnails to disappear) persists, but that's minor.

"KDA" on the stats screen should be KDR and it seems like it's just reporting kills instead of the ratio.

Relative sound volumes seem fine to me, but I'm still hitting spots where sound falloff seems wrong. Outer Hospital armed bomb beeps were inaudible to me when I was in the doorways or prone behind sandbags, for example. There were also times on Shadowstep where gunshots seemed to fall off too sharply. (Sennheiser 363D G4ME for sound.)