Where's the game moderation?

SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
What's response time like?

It's disappointing to put in a report, deal with the crap for an hour to put in a more detailed second report, and see no action and hear nothing while waiting for any sort of admin to show up. Or is this just the cost of admission for the game now?

I'm tired of putting in reports and seeing inaction. I can count on one hand the number of times there's been feedback on something happened. I've seen the same people running around continuing to cause problems more often.

So what's the point of taking my time to put in reports on this crap if nothing happens?

It's great fun to watch players get harassed without penalty. Or to get votekicked when you say something about it. Or to listen as, over the course of an hour, some 11-yr-old kid starts using more of the same language as these idiots.

Seriously, why is global VOIP even a thing? Its primary purpose is to troll and harass.

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited July 2015
    So the mods can take the time to delete my posts, but can't be bothered to send me a message saying action will be taken? Or, you know, respond to the abuse notifications?

I go public with this crap because I'm completely tired of seeing things get swept under the rug or ignored in the past. It seems like this is the only way to get the team to actually act sometimes.

It took you longer to split/remove posts than it would to even PM a non-answer "We'll handle this."
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Seemed fine to me on the video just guys razzing each other while enjoying a game. Maybe you're reading too much into adolescent banter... GAME ON!! :)

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 653Moderator
    moderators on the forum are not necessarily game admins. Not sure what you posted, but naming and shaming is what it sounded like.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2015
    I remember making a report once of a bunch of clanmates who were votekicking all newly joined players out of an official server so they could use it for themselves.. (before the 10 minute ban thing) I kept rejoining to just to [TOS Violation] them off :lol: It was fun to hear them call me allsorts of stuff just because I was ruining their game. I even started to feel like they could possibly report me for trolling them :lol:

A beta player came on.. who I assume was probably the person responding to the report but only seconds after they all left. Go figure. I'm there.. left thinking they may think I'm filing false reports :lol:

It seems to me pointless to report things most of the time, because by the time you have tabbed out, gone to the page, typed up the report and got back in the offender is either gone already or gets VK'd by the players in the server anyway. Hopefully they may make the process more streamlined somehow one day.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I reported a minor bug about a year ago and it's still in the game. Maybe it's not as minor as I think, who knows.

Also reported a clan 3 times for votekicking me from official servers and they stopped doing it but no idea if my reports made them stop or had any effect at all.
    m_hermann wrote: »
    moderators on the forum are not necessarily game admins. Not sure what you posted, but naming and shaming is what it sounded like.

I want to see action. If embarrassing the moderation crew publicly is what it takes, that's what I'm going to do. Who's going to get acted on first: the people reporting bad behavior or the people acting the fool in the game?
    edited July 2015
    Trouble is.. even if action 'is' taken.. We don't get to see it, or know anything has or will be done. Would be nice (since you give them your details) for them to approve or at the very least acknowledge your report by email or something.

You just do it, then.. well.. nothing.

It's easy enough to see when little or nothing has been done. I'm tired of seeing cheats and trolls reported multiple times with Twitch and Youtube recordings... only for the same guys to still be doing it the next week, and the next, and the next.

Screw the name-and-shame policy. It's only around for appearances and to cover up for shortcomings in the in-game mod system.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    In one of my latest reports I send inn 4 Youtube videos, one video was seen once.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • largsarglargsarg Posts: 9Beta Tester
    I have used the abuse system several times with no issues. I don't expect an immediate response and I am sure that the game would love to have faster responses. Unfortunately this game can sometime be problematic with a wide range of player attitudes and behaviors. It would be great to have an in-game report button to make reporting easier but I know the developers are trying to get a stable product out. Grown-up behavior is sometimes hard to police but I have confidence the system will get better over time.
    largsarg wrote: »
    I have used the abuse system several times with no issues. I don't expect an immediate response and I am sure that the game would love to have faster responses. Unfortunately this game can sometime be problematic with a wide range of player attitudes and behaviors. It would be great to have an in-game report button to make reporting easier but I know the developers are trying to get a stable product out. Grown-up behavior is sometimes hard to police but I have confidence the system will get better over time.
    I don't expect an immediate response either, but I expect one eventually. That hasn't always been the case. The times I've had the best experience have been when GameAdminIWon'tName showed up within minutes in the server (only one time out of many) to observe or when I've contacted people with power to act directly outside of the established system.

Define "no issues." I've defended the system in the past, walked others through using it... and then had them complain to me days later about "This guy's still here and he's still using XYZ 'tools'."

What's the point of spending time coding an in-game report system, a process that's only going to DRAMATICALLY increase the number of reports through ease of access and awareness, if the current team can't respond to the reports they're already getting?

When the game has no real logging system in place (especially for VOIP) and the admin team won't act without personally observing actions, response time HAS to be fast or nothing's going to happen.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    We used to have Internet Relay Chat (IRC) built right into the game, and admins way back when

I remember Bear on there!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Meanwhile:
    Bear_82: Mild warning: "naming/shaming, you know better"

Meh. They act out in the game, people deserve to know, especially if the admin system isn't accomplishing its goals.

So you've taken action against me for bringing them up and deleted some of my posts (again). What's been done for the in-game situation?
  • largsarglargsarg Posts: 9Beta Tester
    No issues=No issues
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    Meanwhile:
    Bear_82: Mild warning: "naming/shaming, you know better"

AAPG is good!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited July 2015
    Is it time for this video yet?

In all seriousness, our in-game moderation matters a lot to me.
    This situation will be investigated, and we will make improvements based on what we find.

We're all only human and mistakes do get made. We are doing all we can to make it so these type issues don't happen with release.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    FWIW...I don't think the naming/shaming rule is a bad one. While I totally understand your frustration BC, I don't think it would be a good idea to have the smack talk around here morph into phoney accusations, etc. Therefore: proper channels, even if it sucks. The alternatives would be worse, IMO.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    edited July 2015
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    FWIW...I don't think the naming/shaming rule is a bad one. While I totally understand your frustration BC, I don't think it would be a good idea to have the smack talk around here morph into phoney accusations, etc. Therefore: proper channels, even if it sucks. The alternatives would be worse, IMO.

It should be also possible to have a adult style of naming&"shaming".BC didnt "smack talked" at all,he just described the situation.

To kill this at start is kinda being lazy of the mods. They just could step in IF the situation escalates.
    AAPG is good!
    Having your forum posts removed more efficiently than having something done about players violating rules in-game after you go to the trouble of reporting them secretly to begin with.. well.. it's got to be aggravating :lol:

no?

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Naming and shaming is a necessary rule. It's either that or have our forums mods waste all their free time chasing down every single accusation / slander / etc to decide if there is merit and if it should stand.

There's a reason this rule exists on most major game forums.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.