Windows 10

.!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 446Player
It's early, but I like it. It was a smooth (although 1.5hr upgrade) transition. It's pretty slick so far. I wish they would have taken the user voice feedback and added tabbed browsing to windows explorer. I'll continue to use Clover for that until they wake up.

Thoughts?
Fragweiser Website
Make AA Great Again!

Comments

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Still waiting....
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We've seen some intermittent issues with W10.

We are trying to lock it down. In most cases it seems fine. I played on W10 for a while now, and we've been testing on it.

Just understand we are not promising it will work 100% with W10 yet.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 446Player
    No WaY!!! :D
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    edited July 2015
    I'm glad they are supporting Win7 (security updates) until 2020.. I'm as reluctant as I was to go from XP to Vista :lol:

I uninstalled the windows update for W10 update taskbar notification.. so its not nagging me :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

You'll cave when they start pumping out direct x 12 games.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    We've seen some intermittent issues with W10.

We are trying to lock it down. In most cases it seems fine. I played on W10 for a while now, and we've been testing on it.

Just understand we are not promising it will work 100% with W10 yet.

Does this mean no release tomorrow?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I'm glad they are supporting Win7 (security updates) until 2020.. I'm as reluctant as I was to go from XP to Vista :lol:

I uninstalled the windows update for W10 update taskbar notification.. so its not nagging me :)

Think of it like this Windows 98 ok Windows ME bad Windows XP ok Windows Vista bad Windows 7 ok Windows 8 bad windows 10 ok?!?

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    No pleasing you eh? If it works I don't complain.

• SumTingWong?SumTingWong? Posts: 79Player
    edited July 2015
    I did a clean install of 10 but went back to 8.1.

Alt tabbing works a few times but then the game isnt responding (stays closed in the taskbar) and you leave the server. This also happens to a teammate that did the upgrade. (Both AMD)
    2n8rncy.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    edited July 2015
    I didn’t think Vista was bad, there were loads of tweaks around to make it better. I even remember getting an XP theme for it because I was so used to the XP UI. I don't know.. maybe at first it was sucky? but I didn’t jump onboard with Vista right away.. it was the first OS that let me use more than 3gig of Ram and at that time.. It was a big deal maker for me. I used it for a while until 7 came along and so much praise was upon it I swapped over.

It just took me a while to pluck up the courage to update.. Just like it has done for 8 (never even tried it yet) and will for 10 until positve praise shines upon it, I'm staying put :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    There is a reason why Jan 30, 2007 Vista was released and July 22, 2009 Windows 7 was released.

Windows ME September 2000 Windows XP August 24, 2001 There is a reason why Windows XP was around for 6 befores a new O/S came. In my map above you will see it checks out.
    Windows 8 October 25, 2012 U see the difference? Windows 8.1 August 27, 2013
    And there is going to be a reason why Windows 10 July 29th, 2015 could be the last major O/S we see.

Source: http://www.informationweek.com/software/operating-systems/windows-10-microsofts-last-operating-system/d/d-id/1320362
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Isn't it confirmed already that it will be the last windows? As far as I know there will be purchasable service packs but 10 will stay the last O/S.
  • ^AWA^Tesku^AWA^Tesku Posts: 21Player
    Any performance boost from windows 10? Or do we have to wait for direct x 12.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I noticed a very slight frame increase on Windows 10, but it's going to basically be the same as it was on 7/8.1

We have been working on other things to help with performance though!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• #Mike#Mike Posts: 4Player
    edited July 2015
    AAPG is running fine on my windows 10 machine at home, I'd even venture to say it runs better on Windows 10 then Windows 8.1 but not by much. If and or when AAPG takes advantage of DirectX12 that's when you will see major performance improvements most likely.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    I like it fine. It just seems pretty much like Windows 8 to me, though. :p
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited August 2015
    i'm actually surprised how smooth it runs without major hickups,after 4-5 days only once had the black screen from alt+tabing while in game.Freezes are gone.Fps is stable.Every software i use had a win 10 version ready or the 8.1 works with it.Hardware drivers aswell.Even Shadowplay works without any bugs or glitches,20 recordings made none was black.split screen or pride colored.

as for the optin
    TheTots wrote: »
    I noticed a very slight frame increase on Windows 10, but it's going to basically be the same as it was on 7/8.1

We have been working on other things to help with performance though!

can not confirm this,had 10-20 Fps less on some maps while beeing almost always constant 145 in open beta everywhere.
    I'm pretty sure they did some nice work with this in carrying over a stable windows 7 platform as the base and integrating the good stuff from win 8 (mainly driver and software compatibilities). It is pretty solid. I'm a part of the IT team at my job and I'm the test for Win10 implementation. I'm using it at work and at home and it's really nice. Things are in different spots, but you will get used to that. The big worry right now is if your using a microsoft account toi login and access to wifi through your contacts.

My biggest complaint is how it handles hanging apps (as in win8) and you can't force kill a program without using the task manager. Not a deal breaker at all and so far that isn't a problem with windows 10, it's how I've been using those apps, just in case that complaint raises questions.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!