Reset Objective

Hey guys I know I have another thread about the SH targets, hope its not a bother to make a new thread for another question.

I have an activate objective but want to be able to "unactivate" when leaving the area. So its like take and hold but you have to literally hold the area after actually touching the objective.

I was going to just put it in a room, with a trigger at the door so when the player leaves, it deactivates the objective. Only, I don't know how to deactivate it in kismet. If I toggle off, it disables the objective entirely so no one can get it at all.

So I want it to go from controlled by team to control_neutral.

Hope my question makes sense, as usual, thanks for any help!
PLevlex.jpg

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2015
    You want something like how the objectives work on Slums? Take and hold? if so go to content browser then actor classes tab.. Look for AAObjectiveOccupy

2djcsci.jpg

Click-Drag this actor into your map, resize it to your needs, press f4 while highlighted and set all it properties to your desire (if your struggling open Slums TAH and look how the devs set it up on their map)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID]CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Posts: 93Player
    Thanks Uni-Sol. Im looking to have the objective go back to neutral when the player leaves the area. With the occupy objective actor, once it gets activated, the only way to have it go back to neutral is to have the other team activate it.

I was trying to use a Modify Property Action in Kismet, but that doesn't seem to work either, or perhaps I don't know how to properly set up the Property Name.

FGT9WOA.jpg

I have tried "Objective Controlled By" "ObjectiveControlledBy" and "Object.Objective.ObjectiveControlledBy" but still can't seem to get it to work.
    PLevlex.jpg
    Ahh, I see.. I misunderstood.. Your looking for a game mode expanding from whats already there.. I like it! Its how cool new innovative stuff happens :mrgreen:

Unfortunately.. From what you posted, I have no clue how you would achieve what you want to happen, one thing I do know though.. it's gotta be possible.. Likely takes experimentation to eye bleed levels :lol:

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Set ObjectiveControlledBy to 2 and it'll be "neutral".
    enum eObjControl
    {
       OBJECTIVE_CONTROL_TEAM0,  // 0
       OBJECTIVE_CONTROL_TEAM1,  // 1
       OBJECTIVE_CONROL_NEUTRAL, // 2
       OBJECTIVE_MAX // 3
    };

I don't know if the kismet modifyProperties action can be taught to look up "OBJECTIVE_CONTROL_NEUTRAL" from that list. Just saying 2 instead will work for you.

But... there's a lot more that happens when an objective is captured that won't be happening here. I tried setting something up and got it to... kind of almost work, I guess?

Modify these extra properties and you'll be closer, at least, to the behavior you want. The big issue I had is that I'm not sure how to get the objective to "look" neutral.

QueKXfG.png
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    @1LT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Take a look at csar the way I have it set to enable objective that is hidden, and also resetting it every round.
  • CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID]CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Posts: 93Player
    @BCPull That worked perfectly! Awesome, thanks! As you mentioned, it doesn't "look" like it's reset, because the screen says taken, but at least the HUD icon shows its not captured.

gd2qxbm.jpg

This works well enough for what I wanted done, so I really appreciate your help!
    PLevlex.jpg
    Do all the activated boxes have 'Taken Bravo' written on the screen after activation?

If so, I can't find where to change that to something different, having three objectives all say Taken Bravo is a bit weird :lol:

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    This sounds similar to my issue with flag ownership and neutrality in my map "AllTerrain." I still haven't got a handle on it....but I'm sure going to look at the suggestions here when I get home!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • @Keebler750 what specifically are you trying to do on your map?
    PLevlex.jpg
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I kind of tried to develop a new game type I call "Tug of War" in which both teams fight to get and then extract the flag. So, the flag starts neutral, then can be possessed by either team or go neutral again if dropped.

Most of it works, but the HUD elements can be confusing to know who has possession, and I consider that a no-go.

Still haven't figured it out.

:(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.