Cu Chi Assault (WIP)

I keep getting requests from my clan mates for new maps, so I keep having a go at making them. This request was for a Vietnam inspired tunnel system map.
As many who have tried UE3 map making will know the landscape editor can be a [TOS Violation] when it comes to making tunnels, so in the end I gave up with the landscape editor and built it completely from meshes.

At the moment, the map works OK, it might be too small for 12v12, but only play testing will decide that.

The only things missing at the moment are more random "war" sounds, and some explosive effects. So far I have implemented a landmine, but getting it to respawn each round seems to be a problem, so I need to fix that, but if I can, there will be more mines and maybe even have them random so changing location each round.

Gyknhmy.jpg

XjHAnOf.jpg

dH0ZpmW.jpg

I4OBRtB.jpg

QoqgDFU.jpg

2VskyA8.jpg

Constructive criticism is always welcome, and feedback on playability is important.

Comments

• (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    Watcher we have used this map for some time now and its ok for 12v12 a bit small but ot so much that it becomes annoying we like it and most who play it also like it (except for those pesty landmines )LOL
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Good to hear. Once the editor is back up and running, i will be updating the map.

I am looking to change the trees, as they don't really match the location, plus I will try to add some "effects".

Also, I am thinking of adding more landmines (possibly randomly enabled if doable) :D
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We are testing the editor right now. Publishing is a go. Making sure downloading and playing for all users is smooth and fixing a bug with playing in the editor.

Just wanted everyone to know we're on it 100% right now.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,163Beta Tester
    TheTots wrote: »
    We are testing the editor right now. Publishing is a go. Making sure downloading and playing for all users is smooth and fixing a bug with playing in the editor.

Just wanted everyone to know we're on it 100% right now.

Oh yeah? How do you know that? Prove it? Pics/video or it didn't happen! :p