Operation Podcast EP 18

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
Hey guys! Episode 18 of our podcast just went live. This week we cover questions about the perma opt in, optimizations, stats, new website, and more. Dev Knox is a special guest this week.

Check it out here!
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,720Player
    If this isn't out next week people will go crazy. "Possibly" is about the same as "We will release spring 2015 if there aren't any major issues".
  • =NiW=Raksu-ACI-=NiW=Raksu-ACI- Posts: 4Player
    I bet someone has already asked this question before but anyways.. So I assume this perm opt-in is the same way as the opt-ins before, you can't have the both "betas" installed the same time. But that is my whole question. Is that not possible to do this new perm optin as a new download so you wouldnt need to do extra a extra download? You could give your feed back about new game but still enjoy the old beta playing the umm maps (thats what I do on the "old beta").
    If the optin would be a fresh download I think it could attract more players to play it.

On my case I definetly will test the new optin but I dont know will I stick to it.

Thanks in advace if you reply to this!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Only part that got me interested is the game optimization.

You mentioned reduced dot sizes, however you're referring to cross hair not M68 dot! The one that needs a reduction sooo a little dissapointed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We aren't able to host both the open beta and opt in together I'm afraid. It's going to be "pick one" this time around. Though there are ways to have both. There are several threads explaining how floating around. You just have to launch one from the folder instead of Steam.

As far as the M68 dot is concerned, we are going to be tightening it up as well, it's just not going to be out in this first version of the opt-in.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    edited July 2015
    I know I was partly against this before.. But I think It's going to be better to force opt-in on everyone. I will be playing it for sure.. But past opt-ins have dwindled in number so fast.. Past the first night its hard to find players to play with and if you guys want plenty enough feedback to rock on with release it would be better to make players 'have' to play the opt-in if they want to play. for better opportunity to get that feedback.

I think people are going back to what they are used to playing so fast, not even giving the opt-in a fair chance.

Might be seen as a little tight, but players will have to get used to it at some point anyway, right?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 383Player
    It's absolutely silly to host two beta versions like they plan. I really can't understand the decision making from this crew. Totally off the wall stuff.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Like they said it's something they can fall back on in case something happens..

edited July 2015
    In fairness.. Beta testers (what we all have been, just not officially) should expect things to happen, but I wouldn't be too worried.. they also said they wouldn't push out a broken opt-in.

Maybe its thought forcing opt-in will lose players, but they will just be lost on release anyway so what's the difference? Cull them early, possibly saving any mass negativity on release, AA3 anyone?

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,720Player
    Buying time to build the release around feedback gathered from perma opt-in?
    If M4 still sounds like last optin M4.. fail is coming

All weapon sounds have been redone. They sound beastly!

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    edited July 2015
    Tots...I know what it takes to use Steam features to hop back and forth from Open to Opt-in because of my bandwidth issues, but do we have anyone who can script it to make it easy for the average player to do?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I'll see if we can do something

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,114Beta Tester
    Keeb's You can have 2 different versions and switch between the 2 in matter of seconds.

Before you opt-in copy your whole AAPG folder somewhere else other than steam folder. Name it something so you can remember it by. once you've done opt-in and this will update your game to new build. Now...once you update make a copy of the opt-in as well and save it somewhere else besides the steam folder. Now you have both version of the game and you can swap them to which ever version you want. You can even make a copy of your config folder in documents so this way you don't have to reset your key binds every time you switch from open to opt-in.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    "Knox, this counted as your lunch break."

"o....kkkayyy"

BWAHAHAHAH!!!! :D
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Anyways.. I'm looking forward to next week, eager to see in the flesh some of the stuff talked about.. who's with me? :mrgreen:

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Look forward to the optin. Thanks guys.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I don't know what to think about this perma optin. My fear is it will become a repeat of the last 2 years, only more BETA's. What's next optinception?

I haven't played since the last optin so i'm glad the new optin will be here soon.

I'm curious how the weapon sounds have changed... and what happened to the 2 new optin maps since. Will we see them in the perma optin or is it too early for that?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player
    edited July 2015
    Few Questions for any dev that can answer.

#1) If the release is next week can we expect it thursday or friday?
    #2) Will all maps be available or all new features for that matter?
    #3) Are achievements/unlocks going to be working?
    #4) How big of a download can we expect? The last opt-in was bigger than all the others if I remember correctly?
    #5) Are stats going to be tracked?

That's it for now. I know some of this stuff might of been covered in podcasts. But I listened to them when they were release and felt like it would be a waste of time to relisten to them all to see if any of these questions are answered just in case they are not answered. Thank you.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

1) If it is next week, most likely Thursday

2) All maps and most new features. There may be 1 or 2 things not quite in, will confirm on Monday. All core gameplay elements will be in.

3) Most should be working, I have to check on the challenges. I think cheevos are up, challenges are not quite in.

4) No more than 8. That's what size my current internal build is, and it has some things in it that the opt-in won't have (unfinished maps, extra content we don't put in the builds, etc)

5) Stats will be tracked. Part of the point of the opt-in is testing the new stats set up. It may have some bugs, but we need more people on it to test it. Once it is solid we will do a wipe and from that point forward we are planning to carry over the stats to the release.