Shooting through walls

Comments

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    well I believe you have seen it Uni-sol.. just found it weird, that I havent yet in that fashion as you describe it. I think its not the crawling bug, since you evidently saw enemy gun sticking out of the wall. What I dont get is the part, how the enemy can see you while sticking his gun through the wall. In all other examples, the player is mostly not aware that his gun/body parts are actually visible on the other side of the wall.

But I sure will test it next time I am online (on vacation for 1-2 weeks from tomorrow on)

Maybe its a new exploit we didn't know about?
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    99% sure it's not working that way. So guess we need video evidence.. Don't you have shadowplay?
  • SumTingWong?SumTingWong? Posts: 79Player
    Yes, you can shoot people throw the bulletproof glass (Red hall side).

You can only shoot through it when the E stand close to the glass.
    2n8rncy.png
  • SumTingWong?SumTingWong? Posts: 79Player
    Same for the bug when you got shot behind the chair at lobby wall outside dark.

When you get revived you go to the other side of the wall (behind desk).
    2n8rncy.png
    Can we get more people agreeing on the same thing that isn't even the topic of the thread please?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Maybe I should rename to 'Inner Hospital Bugs - Mega Thread' :lol:

I will have Shadowplay.. very soon :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited July 2015
    Rename to "Confirmation thread for shooting body parts sticking through walls" or maybe "Confirmation thread for a bug every honor 10 noticed" if you don't want to spoil too much in the title already.

Geez, this is the most inefficient forum I've ever seen. #salty
  • -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI--=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI- Posts: 126Beta Tester
    Yes, you can shoot people throw the bulletproof glass (Red hall side).

You can only shoot through it when the E stand close to the glass.

this happens because your forward hand while holding the gun clips thru the glass, and the NME is shooting your hand. the bullets are not actually passing thru the glass because they don't have to. 4 hits to the hand and you are now a spectator. think how frustrating this is when it is only 1 shot to the hand from an M24...
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Rename to "Confirmation thread for shooting body parts sticking through walls" or maybe "Confirmation thread for a bug every honor 10 noticed" if you don't want to spoil too much in the title already.

Geez, this is the most inefficient forum I've ever seen.

I knew about the shooting through walls with M24, seen people do it and been the victim of it lots of times.. and certainly knew how player pawns can clip through walls if close enough (including most gun barrels) on a lot of the maps.. I just wonder if there are certain spots on the walls or some manner in which you can approach the wall to enable bullets (non M14/M24) to pass through the wall. Dem@n said a prone bug could cause it.. I'm thinking maybe, just maybe this could be another bug enabling this to happen. I would have seen the crawl bug. So, what if the player doing it is leaning 'into' the wall? or does he hold forward while shooting? is his character bugged somehow?

Honestly, I really didn’t think this would be exclusive to me, assuming others must surely have seen it.. I wouldn't have made the topic had I known nobody else has ever seen it, makes me look like a plum. So I'm under the impression this has to be a rare occurrence, just how I have noticed it so often and others including a server admin who is probably always monitoring players don't see it.. leaves me wondering if what I'm seeing is actually whats happening.. Got me questioning myself, am I going crazy? :lol:

Left wondering a few things.. what if the enemy got killed by someone else? if so.. why would a player on my team be shooting into a wall at point blank range? especially just after the player was spotted.. Then got killed? its too convenient to be that.

To end, It looked like someone was exploiting by shooting through the wall. Simple as that really. How.. That’s the head scratcher.

Yeah, I feel like me, Apple and deman are the only ones who understood your concern in here. The others are still discussing that you can indeed shoot body parts sticking through walls (yes, not only hands but also feet work! Mind=blown) when we even have a video posted in here proving it. Thus my salty comments.

But yeah, interestingly enough, never seen it myself though so unless there is video evidence I'm not impressed :p
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited July 2015
    I known nobody else has ever seen it, makes me look like a plum. Got me questioning myself, am I going crazy? :lol:

you are special

let's sum it up,player gun sticking through solid wall and kills people point blank on the other side.
    Must be a variation of the fast crawl bug ,my best guess,because that i have seen players doing just the way you described it or something new .

edited July 2015
    I know this.

Maybe it was lag all along, or a lot can happen when your having a 5 millisecond framerate spike :lol:

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    I just tried to recreate these situations in a LAN and couldn't do it. I did not try to create various bugged states, just straight up tried to shoot with my M4 through normally no-shoot walls. Doesn't mean it isn't possible, or that I'm not interested in who that team mate was you thought was doing it....
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • woa bunch of cheaters coming out

• GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    edited July 2015
    Last night was the first time I saw someone do it. I was spectating him, as I had died + secured.
    He was crawling (quite fast) all the way from 'choke' back to surgery and onwards to dark room.
    He was constantly on his belly, shooting against and/ or spotting through, different walls, killing people.
    People on the opposition got upset and started doing the same sort of [TOS Violation], not necessarily on their belly, I don't think. Even to the point where they were shooting through the benches and you wouldn't have a clue where they were. I guess it never occurred to me these things happen as I generally don't have a clue what I am doing anyway, but this was really quite obvious.

Btw, this wasn't just a case of pre-firiing, this was definite glitching (unless devs feel it's normal to shoot through cement walls, in a game that doesn't really have destructible environments).
    edited July 2015
    Maybe its a variant of the crawl bug.. I have a feeling people have maybe found another exploit similar in fashion :( and if it is.. it's obviously not widespread which is a good thing.

The annoying thing is, all the testing in the world aint going to learn me how to replicate something out of the realms of normal play.. I mean where do you start looking for something that’s not normal?

So until other people see this happen themselves, make a forum post saying "What the heck.." I'm going to drop the subject for now, just know guys.. its out there. Look out for it.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for bringing it up! If anyone stumbles upon how this is being done, don't post it here, send it to AACM or Devs via PM etc! I think I'll go out incognito and see if I can Shadowplay someone doing it..... :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing it up! If anyone stumbles upon how this is being done, don't post it here, send it to AACM or Devs via PM etc! I think I'll go out incognito and see if I can Shadowplay someone doing it..... :)
    Well Keebler, it seems Innerhospital is somewhat renowned for it, people do it in and around darkroom/ choke and by the benches in the atrium.
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    considering the fact that bullet comes from somewhere of players nose sticking barrel cant allow you to kill enemy through the wall. however if evidence come its believable that crawl bug might lead you to this, since the game actually is mixed between running and crawling at witch situation you shooting point position changes. Removing speed crawling might fix this problem i think. but basically i think this topic is done until proves with exact thing comes. BTW darkroom side walls is shot-able as i know + the wall between darkroom and lobby is also not totally bullet proof and can be penetrated with sniper(ish) guns.
    There is DEMAN'S video where he shot wall outside darkroom, and on one of my videos i think i shot enemy through wall, but that was not the case when i was standing next to wall.
    Mine:

Demans: - Situation at 4:00

• ]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 221Player
    Way of topic but has anyone seen a tin can lying near lobby desk???? seriously.... I once can across a tin can looking object lying on floor next to lobby desk that I could move about by shooting it. never seen it since though????