New OPCast

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
Rawrster and I talk about what we learned from the first opt-in, and some changes we've already made based on YOUR feedback!
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Reminder to myself: If you decided to not play the opt-ins and instead just wait for the release, don't listen to the podcasts.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    :+1:

Thanks, looking forward to trying it out!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    Desync with firing fixed so fast? Wow, you guys rock, all good news in this podcast. When you happen to be working on a new map after Overload or on fireteams/loudouts you will let us know, right? ;>
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for this podcast and your remarks on the opt-in and future progress, but does your comment on Cold Front means, that we won't get a 35 second smoke or at least a similar longevity fog back ?
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 83Moderator
    nice podcast.
    test-tag.jpg
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Thanks for this podcast and your remarks on the opt-in and future progress, but does your comment on Cold Front means, that we won't get a 35 second smoke or at least a similar longevity fog back ?

That's part of what we are trying to see. We want to see how these maps play out without smoke during the next opt-in.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    OK, thanks for your answer. I would vote to leave them in anyways, even the results are acceptable. Can you imagine to give us this smoke back via a serversided option? I don't want to say goodbye to longevity smokes in AA. But sure I was pleased about the tactical variation of a fog you intruduced with AA:PG.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    sounds like the ball is rolling and the team is being very productive and receptive right now.
    -
    regarding mention of a change to inner hospital west stairs at top glass - i can assume the devs don't like how a player can stand on the stair railing and lean and peek and be near impossible to see from the east end. my feedback to the devs on this is: please look into making it universally impossible to stand on such railings. a surface that thin should just "bounce" you off of it after attempting to stand on it, like aa2.
    edited May 2015
    i realize for some parts of some maps it seems very important to leave the ability to stand on those tiny railings. but i'd rather they ALL be removed... and in those spots of the maps we may feel it was crucial to have, those areas could be redesigned to come up with something with similar function but makes sense in regards to physics...
    -
    an example of this was described in this podcast.... the chair in north crossfire. the devs said they reimplemented it, but with a real box to climb on, instead of a sliver of a pixel.
    -
    i could list several areas in several maps where we take advantage of this and they have become crucial parts of the map. that doesn't mean we want the devs to not fix those areas. it is completely doable.
    edited May 2015
    This individual case we are talking about is where fair balancing fits better than realism..... If you remove standing on both railings then its harder to even to get past the first door on attack with only 1 place to peak from.
    as i said, removing the railing would be step 1. step 2 would be to go back over those areas affected and change the map. in your example (top north stairs in hospital) you currently stand on the railing to get a decent view of that hallway up there, but removing the ability to stand on that railing, and then tweaking the map such as changing the top doorway location so slightly (from east to west) could absolutely serve the same purpose.