What Program are you using to record your gaming with?

IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
I'm looking for a decent recording program for gameplay. I'm capped at 120FPS in AAPG. I'd like something that doesn't severely drop FPS. I got Fraps 3.5 and Shadowplay (<--never tried yet).

What do y'all suggest or prefer?
googley avatar aapg

Comments

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Shadowplay is this best...No performance drop what so ever. Just don't allow it to record to your ssd. It will lower the life expectancy of the drive if you.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Shadowplay or dxtory are both good. Like colts said shadowplay has no fps hit. Dxtory hits you at about 5 fps but gives you a lot more options; mainly creating separate audio/video tracks making editing much easier.
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 371Moderator
    Shadowplay, hands down
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • i9.xtopherusi9.xtopherus Posts: 19Player
    xsplit game caster work great.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Shadowplay for nvidia cards. Raptr for amd.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    Shadowplay...
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Xsplit has some nice options, especially good for streaming. I've been using OBS lately for less performance hit than I got with the xsplit utilities.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited May 2015

^
    btw sometimes my shadowplay recordings are comming out weird,like the screen is split in to 70/30% no idea whats the cause

o7D0BJ4m.jpg

http://imgur.com/o7D0BJ4
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    You can locally record with OBS.
    Shadowplay is good.
    MSI Afterburner is also an option.
    1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player

^
    btw sometimes my shadowplay recordings are comming out weird,like the screen is split in to 70/30% no idea whats the cause

Got the same since I'm playing on a new computer, never had any problems on my old one. Shadowplay sometimes even glitches out my grpahics for some reason (also in-game not just the recordings). Objects are pixelated with weird colors as this video shows (audio muted due to epic TOS violations): https://youtube.com/watch?v=ElFagV5VRFw&feature=youtu.be
    In case anyone else experienced this issue, tabbing out to disable shadowplay fixes it for the current session without the need of restarting your game.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    I used to use fraps, it's very easy to use and does the job, filesizes are a little on the large side.. but its biggest issue and why I stopped using it was that it cost me big-time in performance especially if I wanted it to record high quality. Although it has to be said, it might be fine and dandy for a beastly PC.

OBS on the other hand I have found to be very good, and what's even better is it's FREE. It's good for both recording and streaming :) you can also get various plugins to adapt it to your needs.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player

^

o7D0BJ4m.jpg

your videos come out like that?
    Are you manually recording? Are you auto saving the last 1min-20min? Is shadow play set to same resolution to record as your desktop and game? Have you tried using default Nvidia control panel settings to see if something there is causing the issue?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2015

^

o7D0BJ4m.jpg

your videos come out like that?
    Are you manually recording? Are you auto saving the last 1min-20min? Is shadow play set to same resolution to record as your desktop and game? Have you tried using default Nvidia control panel settings to see if something there is causing the issue?

Since I'm having the same problem.. Same setting on my old and my new pc, using the shadow method, same resolution in-game and on desktop. Works on my old pc without having any problems for like half a year, failed already around 3 times out of about 30 recordings on my new pc.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    I've had both the screen split and the pixelation issues. It doesn't happen often but when it does I just restart.

Here I thought my video card was going bad. Glad it's not just me

Although it happens somewhat rarely to me.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    One thing I started doing recently in Shadowplay is try to make the refresh rate and recording fps at least be multiples of each other. It seems smoother and less glitchy.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Are you guys overclocking your cards? Maybe this has an impact on shadowplay.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited May 2015

Wow. Glad to know this. I'd be having a fit with my new build if I tried Shadowplay without knowing about the bug.

I'll try out OSB too and just figure whats best for my situations.
    googley avatar aapg

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    edited May 2015
    I never had any issues with Shadowplay, but I don't record everything.
    OBS and Afterburner gave me FPS drop.
    Shadowplay is also very easy to use.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    My only "recording" is usually a one minute Shadowplay buffer that I occasionally save. On the rare occasion that I stream, I use OBS and NVENC encoding.