Gun law discussion from "This supported position!!!" thread

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
This discussion was created from comments split from: This supported position!!!!.
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Don't feed the troll guys.. I mean "different minded" person..
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited July 2015
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Different minded? like a guy who really likes killing? I'm thinking your names ( Kills & Necabo ) are a cry for help, definitely need to be investigated, your naming conventions seem unhealthy, hopefully you're no threat to the surrounding real life community in your area.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    Bam4D wrote: »

Different minded? like a guy who really likes killing? I'm thinking your names ( Kills & Necabo ) are a cry for help, definitely need to be investigated your naming conventions are very unhealthy, hopefully you're no threat to the surrounding real life community in your area. /s
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Bam4D wrote: »

Different minded? like a guy who really likes killing? I'm thinking your names ( Kills & Necabo ) are a cry for help, definitely need to be investigated, your naming conventions seem unhealthy, hopefully you're no threat to the surrounding real life community in your area.

Don't worry about it.. How many times you heard some kid running amok with a gun in Europe?
    Yeah, very common here in Germany due to the weak gun laws. You are one lucky guy to be safe from getting shot in America.
    I have no fear the AA final will be awesome, always has, 3 versions rocked the 4th will too.

********Bam4D********

Yeah, very common here in Germany due to the weak gun laws. You are one lucky guy to be safe from getting shot in America.

Funny cause it's true :(

********Bam4D********

This would be the point BC comes in with some crazy statistics about gun incidents but I'm too lazy for that, sorry.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Oh, I can help with that.

In what country of 300 million people do 90,000 die per year from medical malpractice? Incidentally this is three times the gun deaths in that country, even though there are no Doctor Control groups calling for bans on doctors...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited July 2015
    So I looked up one statistic just for the fun of it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Firearm-related death rate per 100,000 population per year:
    Germany: 1.24 (2010) | Homicides: 0.20 (2010)
    United States: 10.64 (2013) | Homicides: 3.55 (2013)

That's less than 1/6 of all incidents for Germany and more than 1/3 of all incidents for US being homocides.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Oh!

I see what you're saying! Since the majority of gun-related deaths in the USA occur in the jurisdictions with either stiff laws or defacto bans, gun laws cause crime!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    call of duty franchise alone has ensured that enough of the next generation of adults in the US will also be pro gun.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Gun law and crime has a lot of chicken/egg problems. Is crime high because there are lots of guns around or are people buying guns to make themselves feel safe in high-crime areas? When people point to high crime in areas with stronger anti-gun laws, does that mean the laws are ineffective or does that just show that only places with violent crime problems felt the need to enact gun laws after the problems have arisen?

Gun ownership in the US is getting more concentrated. Fewer households have guns, but the ones that do have more than in the past. Are there implications from that?

Anyway. This comedy bit fairly well outlines my feelings on the matter. (SFW version for forum rules!)
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited July 2015
    if you don't have guns like people in most Europian countrys unless you work law enforcement or private security , there are other ways to get in the news.People will always find other ways,on the other end i understand how this works in the land of freedom,it's a huge market,supply and demand ,companys,jobs,taxes, license fees,shooting ranges,funeral services,prisons,gun store$$$.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited July 2015
    So many instances where kids find patents guns, kills friend, brother, sister etc accidently.

Eliminate that gun and that family still has a child.. throw all the stats you want.. to that family your stats are meaningless.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited July 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    So many instances where kids find patents guns, kills friend, brother, sister etc accidently.

Eliminate that gun and that family still has a child.. throw all the stats you want.. to that family your stats are meaningless.

I might feel a little safer here in the UK knowing we have strict a 'no gun' policy where if you even so much as have one in your possession without some kind of licence, you go to jail for a long time. But.. where we may have less gun crime.. we make up for in Knife crime.

Come to the UK, get stabbed.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    As the victim Im sure you have a greater survival rate knife vs gun.. cant outrun bullets :disappointed:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    It's very easy to kill by gun, just point and move your index finger.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited July 2015
    True.. Neither are a particularly good way to go out.. no doubt. People should play more games, the world would be a safer place, cant hurt anything glued to a chair staring at a screen.. and its surely more fun than ending someones life.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

You forgot the games are causing it.