UMM Dev-Pick & Retro Map Event!

Comments

• `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    Other than not having the 320/203 and VIP, everything is pretty good. I agree Border plays a bit large for this game, but it isn't terrible.

and fire teams
    Oh well.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,116Beta Tester
    TBH, I think they all do play OK. The Sf maps do play better than non-sf. However, the biggest issue with the ports is the scale factor. The were scaled slightly bigger than AAPG maps, that's why the feel off. When I remade csar pretty much everything was scaled down for AAPG and I believe that's the reason it flows good.

I think if the AA2/3 maps were redone by the Dev's with proper scale, they'd be perfect and every popular.

With that being said, I still would like to see Newer maps, with AA2 map design in mind.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    After more time spent last night and on different maps again the maps are playable and enjoyable, however on urban the guns are OP that's why people claim it doesn't play the same...still was fun

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited May 2015
    Aleksandra wrote: »
    Every single one of them gives me errors upon building. ahaha still a lot of them look really good! Can't wait to play on 'em! B)

What type of problems are you having? What are your system specs? How are you going about getting them to work?

The terminal when building gives off long lists of errors in yellow text, which goes too fast for me to read any of them beyond "unable to/error". Some of them ended up going through without any errors in green text, though. Some of the maps that had all of the errors still worked but ended up needing fifteen minute long "building cache" before each match. So I guess the errors were false warnings for some of them?

Specs:
    i5-4670k
    GTX 750 Ti 2gb
    8gb RAM

I'll try building another map and recording it, so that I can pause and get the errors.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    Yeah, the yellow "Warnning" errors you can just ignor. It has to do with materials not setup properly..ect. Red errors you need to worry about.
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited May 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    After more time spent last night and on different maps again the maps are playable and enjoyable, however on urban the guns are OP that's why people claim it doesn't play the same...still was fun

Specially CSAR <3 3 hours of sleep before work because of AA2 maps. Last time it was 7 years ago :D
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, it would be nice to see in detail the amount of hours being played/logged on each map.

I bet Border is running away with it. probably Urban 2nd and WC 3rd. I know both of my maps (CSAR, Rusneyev) are getting some love too. :)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I would say I've seen the most of dusk when I play on that server

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Yeah true....Dusk is another one. Love that map too. Plays almost as good as it did in AA2. Few things I would change, otherwise fits aapg.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Making the best ones official would be a good move. Hint hint

Kimchi's map Conquer should be added. Really solid map that has been scrimmed on.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Phoenix wrote: »
    We're hosting a Retro and Dev-pick UMM event!

US Army Official UMM Collection US

US Army Official UMM Collection EU

I'm bookmarking this for when I get back in game!!!!
    googley avatar aapg

• SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 229Player
    more maps real official, less carton wall.
    Maps aa2 well done are welcome, type of Altan, given the statistics of the game you can not be blind (maybe a makeover with new mesh as the new csar).
    Restore the old SF maps? wip? It could be a 'idea.

We must respect all players, not just one part. If certain maps "nostalgia" like and are played, they have become official.

Ps: please insert more static mesh about the construction thxxx :)
  • SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    edited May 2015
    Nostalgia is one thing, the other is map design that makes UMMs get atleast some attention (also it's the reason why InnerHospital is so popular)- routes that can be covered by defending team without easy way of getting around them while being in cover (see Threekings/Watchdog for example). And it shifts the gameplay into more objective based/ tactical aproach rather than running around and counting on your reflexes only (no matter the size of the map and round time).
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,566Player
    Hi, you need to get the updated version of Supremacy on the official servers, most birds are killed now!
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • GBGangstaGBGangsta Posts: 63Developer
    Thanks ill get them updated
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,566Player
    Still waiting.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [v]roach[v]roach Posts: 14Player
    Alot of the old AA2 maps were built on large scale open maps based around hills and valley's . Border, Mountain Ambush, River Basin, River Village ect. Those maps were really popular and as a team game like AA promotes it needed extreme team communication, reporting, spotting, slow and precise movement. That gave a really realistic battle model. I feel the current maps are actually promoting a smaller type of urban warfare which is great but leaves out alot for team aspects as 2 or 3 skilled players yolo rushing can break the line easily dominating the maps. The larger maps for example like border need teams to hold a large line from a good distance. The 1st 1 minute of the round was scary. You needed to observe the opfor's movement and play accordingly to counter it. Getting 1 shot head shots were alot more difficult as you needed to take your time to aim and make sure every bullet counts as that would give your position away. Which now people are not worried about. Medics played an important role as they moved around behind the lines keeping everyone happy. That was really a big factor which set Americas Army apart from other titles. When AA3 came out they released 4 maps that promoted a different style of warfare in each map. AA:PG only promotes close quarter combat. The new maps like cold front and slums are bigger in scale but id say that is still kind of close combat. Id like to see alot more geo aspects coming out in. Using hills and valley's as all the maps out are based on a flat terrain.
  • =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    Alot of the old AA2 maps were built on large scale open maps based around hills and valley's . Border, Mountain Ambush, River Basin, River Village ect. Those maps were really popular and as a team game like AA promotes it needed extreme team communication, reporting, spotting, slow and precise movement. That gave a really realistic battle model. I feel the current maps are actually promoting a smaller type of urban warfare which is great but leaves out alot for team aspects as 2 or 3 skilled players yolo rushing can break the line easily dominating the maps. The larger maps for example like border need teams to hold a large line from a good distance. The 1st 1 minute of the round was scary. You needed to observe the opfor's movement and play accordingly to counter it. Getting 1 shot head shots were alot more difficult as you needed to take your time to aim and make sure every bullet counts as that would give your position away. Which now people are not worried about. Medics played an important role as they moved around behind the lines keeping everyone happy. That was really a big factor which set Americas Army apart from other titles. When AA3 came out they released 4 maps that promoted a different style of warfare in each map. AA:PG only promotes close quarter combat. The new maps like cold front and slums are bigger in scale but id say that is still kind of close combat. Id like to see alot more geo aspects coming out in. Using hills and valley's as all the maps out are based on a flat terrain.
    I agree with most but more so need to get away from this funneling on maps and go more sandbox.
    While the funneled maps have a place, to me it seems, that is the big difference with the maps.
    IMHO.