Bushes(Being Invisible in bushes!)

.dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Can we touch up the Character/Players visibility in the bush. There is no way someone should be so invisible in a bush as they sometimes are. FLO_Watchdog for example if you are on the same level as the bush camper you can't see them unless they are moving etc. There is no way a bush should hide someone that well. IMO.

Thoughts?
Thank you,
Colts.
Bushes
  1. What should be done about bushes58 votes
    1. Keep bushes as is?
      43.10%
    2. Make it so characters are more visible in bushes?
      31.03%
    3. Remove bushes from all maps?
      25.86%
Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Comments

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    I think the best solution would be to eliminate the bushes entirely, but I agree that something needs to be done.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,135Player
    I wouldn't mind removing bushes. They don't really add a whole lot the environment that low lying grass and bigger trees wouldn't make up for.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    Interesting thread. So all UMMs like CSAR2 (Wolverine), which is very popular, should be removed from the workshop on option 3?
    -
    I think the most players are able to decide what kind of maps they want to play in a complex game that should offers different terrains to the players. I like playing maps like Dusk or Spring Street, but I am so equally see me challenged by the bushes on maps like CSAR2 or HiddenValley.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Stop trying to design the game for easier PEW PEW stats :( , be ARMY STRONG!!

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Option 3 says "remove bushes", not "remove maps which have bushes". There's a huge difference there.

These threads are also generally meant to address the "official" maps, not the community-generated ones, as those are orders of magnitude more popular and more played. They're officially part of the core game experience; UMMs are an optional sidetrack for players interested in what they have to offer.
    edited May 2015
    Yes you are right I am starting to being polemical as well after noticing this thread. A bad behaviour that I believed that it is overcomed. But that doesn't change the fact the there should be offical assets and maps offering vegetation to hide.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited May 2015
    No way! I like a good bush :p

Seriously though, I'm kinda 50/50, in an ideal world we would have a bush that didn't conceal a fully kitted out solider so that we could conserve such beauty in our maps without them risks.. I'm sure we can all admit it is annoying as heck getting shot up by a darn bush camper and I kinda get sick of playing the spam the bush 'just incase' game on some maps.

So :+1:

(thumbs up smilies are a thing!, this forum is getting better and better)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Bam4D wrote: »

I'd spam every bush in this game. But thats booring.
    -
    I dont care too much about this. But it should be easier to see player in bushes.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,135Player
    edited May 2015
    The problem with bushes is that realistically a person would not be able to hide in a bush in the same way that you can in a video game. Getting inside of a dense bush is difficult enough, moving around is even worse. Add a gun to that and it's not all that fun. So instead in video games you just get it where the bushes are a green blob of pixels that a player can just move and swirl around in at will.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    Bam4D wrote: »

I'd spam every bush in this game. But thats booring.
    -
    I dont care too much about this. But it should be easier to see player in bushes.

One particular spot I have in mind on Watchdog/Three Kings is between Police and Library. There's a couple corners there that you should check going by, but it's bad design to be able to actually check the corner and still get shot because someone's completely hidden in a bush.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    I took a combat pistol training course from an IDF Special Forces guy from Israel who told us what it was like "over there."

He saw several pretty inventive things on Ops including Opfor hiding in ceilings and one guy who had figured out how to make an OVEN into an ambush spot.

We talked a lot about situational awareness.

I'd say, be glad it's a BUSH. It screams "look here for opfor" unlike, say...an oven....
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    it's a tough topic because I think vegetation is realistic in out door maps but at the same time they shouldnt be used for entire concealment.

Like three kings bush top of clock tower corner.. without spamming that Bush there is no way of seeing someone in there.. that's so bad for game play and embarrassing for the player that's in it imo.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2015
    Interesting thread. So all UMMs like CSAR2 (Wolverine), which is very popular, should be removed from the workshop on option 3?
    -
    I think the most players are able to decide what kind of maps they want to play in a complex game that should offers different terrains to the players. I like playing maps like Dusk or Spring Street, but I am so equally see me challenged by the bushes on maps like CSAR2 or HiddenValley.

Not remove maps, remove bushes or make characters more visible in them. Also UMM DO NOT COUNT for this. It is only default maps and I am pretty sure on CSAR2 there is no bushes like the bushes you see in Official Maps, just tall grass.

• RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    If you should remove 'bushes' because they are not 'realistic' for the same reason you should remove half of the game......speed of soldier is not realistic, jumping is not realistic, swapping weapon is not realistic, revive is not realistic, comp maps are not realistic......and so on. It seems that the meaning of word 'realistic' is really 'elastic'....more or less it seems 'cod style' realistic idea...... >:)
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    What the heck was I thinking before? I know how things can work having delved a little in 'all things editor' :mrgreen:

Bushes can be kept, just give them pawn collision so you cant climb inside :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Nobody is saying to remove bushes because they are not realistic and stating this does not state a case as to why we should keep bushes as is or remove or whatever. If you disagree with changing how bushes are or removing than please state why.

edited May 2015
    You are right on CSAR2 there is only high grass, but that is also proving a smiliar cover. That cost me my virtual life often enough, but I don't want to miss that. However even if you mean only offical maps, then its no option to just flatten everything. There should also be high variation of maps with plenty of vegetation from offical side. Nobody is forcing you to play on these maps.

edited May 2015
    I didnt request to flatten them I requested them to be revamped so a character some what shows and is not completely invisible. The AAPG bushes is like I am playing a ScFy game where I can go invisible like Crysis where you can invisible cloak. Highly doubt they are intended to be that way.

It is true there are some places where it is really close to being invisible even in close range, but I don't think it is such a huge problem.

No one said its a huge problem. You seem to have nothing valid to ever post in a discussion its really annoying. Can you for once actually discuss the issue at hand without adding random words to the discussion that were never discussed. It's very simple to have a good discussion let me explain it for you.
    1. First you read the user posts and what issue he has with the game.
    2. Next do you agree with this person or do you disagree with this person?
    3. and finally if you disagree state with SOLID FACTS as to why you disagree and if you agree state why you agree with the users post.

Sometimes it seems like there is an award for most posts on this forum, which there is not so. So PLEASE if you have nothing to add the discussion than don't get involved in the discussion it quite simple.