M24- what do you think about it?

Comments

• SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    DeltaKilo, now that we've caught your attention with this thread ;), were sniper weapons intended to be so stable while standing? Or is it only a by-product of general hold-breath mechanic? (Because I believe it changes all weapons behaviour in same way).
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited May 2015
    Yes my main concern about the hand shot comes from the side not straight on.. I remember spectating Colts in s pub one time on three kings and he knew someone was coming around the corner.. he stopped only exposing gun and hand.. colts shot the hand and got the kill...

that's the issue!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    I think its already a tradeoff that a shot in the leg is only doing a deadly wound. I would always prefer it to be a kill in most cases, but the M24 should be a bit harder to control without a deployment to compensate that.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
    For the average player the M24 is not an easy gun to use.. how often I see someone picking up the gun after half swap because they seen me or someone else decent with it do good..only to put it back on the shelf 3 rounds later because they failed with it.

A good player does good with every gun...

• [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    Maybe I have to add that I am not a regular sniper, so I only pick it if there is really a need of it in the current situation or to get a other point of view of a new map. My statement was from the perspective of a M4/M16 gunner that want to get challenged by powerful snipers, because that is one reason because we have a longevity smoke. So longevity smokes and limited agility are the best counterweight on powerful snipers.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • -=NB2P=-xav33-=NB2P=-xav33 Posts: 9Player
    the lot as weapons m24 ..

It lacks trepiers put the lie to be stable, and when we have in the hands that can move of its weight ...

After the level of the firing heat loins shoot in the legs lol .. least 45% of life in less ok ...

So settle firepower
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    SithHunter wrote: »
    DeltaKilo, now that we've caught your attention with this thread ;), were sniper weapons intended to be so stable while standing? Or is it only a by-product of general hold-breath mechanic? (Because I believe it changes all weapons behaviour in same way).

Hold breath reduces the sway for a short period, but it doesn't stop it all together.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    i did not play the opt in thats why i'm asking,is the bug fixed with the m24 that the gun does not shoot after the person using it gets revived?
  • -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player
    The M24 seems to be fine as is for the most part. If there are ways to reduce the damage taken when shot in the arms/hands (when they are not directly in-front of the torso) then that could be a good change. The sniper needs to stay powerful to stay viable. The reason it seems overpowered in public games is because mainly because of the individual play-style of many casual players in this game (sitting in spawn, exposed, not moving, ect.) The sniper seems pretty well balanced in competition and allows for teams to be a bit more dynamic in their game plans from my experience.

I will probably get some flak for mentioning this since I remember it being a topic of heavy discussion awhile back, but I think the hip-fire still needs tweaking. The fact that you could shoot an enemy point blank while hip-firing and still miss is a little bit silly. I'm not saying we need to dramatically decrease the hip-fire accuracy cone, I'm just saying it would be nice to be somewhat reliable when an enemy is directly in your face (< 3-5 meters away for example)
    yesterday I went into a server and shot a wall from not that far of a distance, basically just the right distance to test hipfire.. I compared a controlled spread against ADS, let me tell you it wasn't all that far off. ( I think that was closed beta) but I dont think it makes any difference since its been unchanged.

• -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    yesterday I went into a server and shot a wall from not that far of a distance, basically just the right distance to test hipfire.. I compared a controlled spread against ADS, let me tell you it wasn't all that far off. ( I think that was closed beta) but I dont think it makes any difference since its been unchanged.

Were you moving?
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    edited May 2015
    The M24 seems to be fine as is for the most part. If there are ways to reduce the damage taken when shot in the arms/hands (when they are not directly in-front of the torso) then that could be a good change. The sniper needs to stay powerful to stay viable. The reason it seems overpowered in public games is because mainly because of the individual play-style of many casual players in this game (sitting in spawn, exposed, not moving, ect.) The sniper seems pretty well balanced in competition and allows for teams to be a bit more dynamic in their game plans from my experience.

I will probably get some flak for mentioning this since I remember it being a topic of heavy discussion awhile back, but I think the hip-fire still needs tweaking. The fact that you could shoot an enemy point blank while hip-firing and still miss is a little bit silly. I'm not saying we need to dramatically decrease the hip-fire accuracy cone, I'm just saying it would be nice to be somewhat reliable when an enemy is directly in your face (< 3-5 meters away for example)

I'd be hesitant to play too much with the damage just because the reg issues with that gun in particular are already pretty noticeable. I do agree though that if it could be done without negative effects, it would be a good change. Shooting someone in the hand when that's all that's exposed is a silly way to get a one-hit kill.
    -
    I also agree on hip-fire. It should be all but impossible to miss when someone is literally running into the barrel of your gun. Perhaps that's a downside to bullets coming from the camera?
    Oh..I might have Not been moving

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Oh..I might have Not been moving
    i smell bacon and marshmallows

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited May 2015
    I especially like it when you hipfire the M24 (cqb) and miss, which inherently gets yourself killed most of the time.. nobody says a thing.. but the one time you get that lucky random cone shot in and kill the guy, everyone's either like "WOW nice shot" (which it wasn't it was luck, even if you had your cross-hair centre mass), or calling you one of them [ToS vIoLaTiOnS] :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited May 2015
    Back to the same ol same ol argument. The M24 is too OP because it takes no skill to zoom in on an enemy at the end of the map and get a kill with a torso shot. Give us back the M4 with ACOG option and you can keep your M24 "new player" weapon all you want.
    googley avatar aapg

edited May 2015
    Wait..warpain you were referring to general hip fire or just the M24 hip fire. . I was talking M4 hip fire ..my bad

• =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    @googly....you be crazy. It is not OP. If I am doing well with the M24 I can almost assure you that I would be doing better with the M4 or saw.

If I miss my first shot and the other player is of any skill, I'm usually dead.
    If my sight line gets smoked, and one or two guys push me, I'm usually dead.
    Hip fire is terrible, which makes me have to use pistol cqb.
    Bolt cycle time is long.

I really like the fact that there is a weapon, that if someone is really skilled at using it, can force the opposing team to change their tactics to overcome it. Just because people don't and they try to outgun the sniper at range doesn't make it OP.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    @googly....you be crazy. It is not OP. If I am doing well with the M24 I can almost assure you that I would be doing better with the M4 or saw.

If I miss my first shot and the other player is of any skill, I'm usually dead.
    If my sight line gets smoked, and one or two guys push me, I'm usually dead.
    Hip fire is terrible, which makes me have to use pistol cqb.
    Bolt cycle time is long.

I really like the fact that there is a weapon, that if someone is really skilled at using it, can force the opposing team to change their tactics to overcome it. Just because people don't and they try to outgun the sniper at range doesn't make it OP.

Time after time, I see new players picking up the M24, camping a few spots, and getting a consistent 17-20 kills per match (on 12v12 maps). Then you get high level experienced players use the M24 and get just as many if not more kills. It's not so much the gun in question but it's the optics (You can see everyone but I can't). A fair game is when every player has the opportunity to have the same load-out and weapon. There were a lot of players that left AA after the ACOG was removed from the game. I remember how fun AA was prior to that.

Now, if you create a Grenadier or give me a 203 to launch smoke then I may change my point of view on the game as it is now with the M24. To counter an M24 with an M24 is not working. Those snipers want their easy kills, and they avoid each other.

I think I speak for many who just don't care to post or who have left the game already.
    googley avatar aapg

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited May 2015
    This is gonna get thumbed down like mad I'm sure, but I too often miss the M4 with ACOG attached. I dont see people going mad (like they used to back then) that the M16 gets to have it and it's like a laser gun on single shot.. not heard a peep :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.