Wolvy's AAPG Advanced Mission Editor Tutorials

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    Yeah, that should work. Also, there might be some textures in game that might help you with scale. Most importantly you need to know what the player height his in game and translate that to real world and you should be fine.
  • =ER^b=GardeTheDuellist=ER^b=GardeTheDuellist Posts: 11Player
    edited September 2016
    Nice tutorial m8, but i can't find anymore the maps editor.s... anybody knows where to find them?

585281_7d1d592ff7da41bf8b45e9cd67fe1bfd.jpg
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    In Steam Library, make sure you've checked the Editor DLC because it's now an optional download.

Then, when you click "Play" in Steam an option comes up to launch editor.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =ER^b=GardeTheDuellist=ER^b=GardeTheDuellist Posts: 11Player
    edited September 2016
    Thx m8 for the help, i found it =)

585281_7d1d592ff7da41bf8b45e9cd67fe1bfd.jpg

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Are the videos in this thread still relevant to now, or is there another place or an updated list I should be looking at? I'm trying to find a place to start off of (newb) but I'm confused on where would be the best place to start learning how to create maps.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,094Player
    All the vids here are still relven. There are also lots on udk on google for reference .
    First thing to do is get comfortable with moving around the editor and finding the tools and resources. Then, when a video or tutorial mentions something you won't be lost.

You want to find your way around the content browser, use F4 to bring up Property window, use the movement controls in the editor window and set preferences. Also, understand the concept of "Packages" and saving your work in the proper place.

This is a great website for UDK:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/WebHome.html
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =groundHog==groundHog= Posts: 43Player
    I found this You Tube site a good place to start.

Wow! I can't believe I didn't see this...gosh, I'm sorry guys! I'll be going over the link and video right now. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    just remember not everything in the unreal developement kit is in our aapg editor .
    edited November 2016
    Yea, I noticed that when I opened the mission editor, but it's nicer for a newb like me though. I've been using the videos to start though and now I've made a map...though its pretty horrible looking. haha

EDIT

It seems like a lot of the content (objects) is missing for me though and launching the full editor crashes. Looks like I'm in for a reinstall...

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    edited November 2016
    Lol I can't open small editor without crashing so I can't quickly auto create a new map base . I start from scratch in full editor . Everything is in the full editor .
    Lol I can't open small editor without crashing so I can't quickly auto create a new map base . I start from scratch in full editor . Everything is in the full editor .

That's so weird. I wish it were like that for me. haha A reinstall should (hopefully) give me access to the full editor.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    If you find after a re-install that the editor still crashes you may need to refresh your config files (remove old and the game will make new) and/or check for and remove any rogue saved .UPK stock 'engine related' packages, all of which will be found in

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame

Most of the time a clean install will not remedy the issue as the files in your documents location do not get removed when you remove/re-install.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

If you find after a re-install that the editor still crashes you may need to refresh your config files (remove old and the game will make new) and/or check for and remove any rogue saved .UPK stock 'engine related' packages, all of which will be found in

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame

Most of the time a clean install will not remedy the issue as the files in your documents location do not get removed when you remove/re-install.

Yup, after a reinstall it still crashes. Deleting the Documents' folder fixed it (and put content back into the "small" editor)! Thanks Uni-Sol. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    edited February 2017
    Hello,

Long story short: My editor refuses to open after an update. It crashes at "Loading objects referenced by: AAGAME..." every launch. I've tried doing what I did above, even reinstalling completely, but it has failed each time.

Did I bork something up? I haven't even been able to get into the editor yet, so I do not know how I could have.

EDIT 4

Okay, so I deleted the folder "Engine" from my Documents folder and guess what? The thing boots up fine! It doesn't even recreate the folder. I'm guessing it wasn't supposed to have that folder there, but how in the world did it get there otherwise?

My problems are solved! Forget everything above. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • =GunR=[OldGuy][A]=GunR=[OldGuy][A] Posts: 4Player
    Hi gang just a babe in the woods here with map making but I was doing really well and doing the fully load until yesterday it started crashing. I tried doing it with my map and just a blank map. Do you think its a steam thing for a few days or do I need to delete something and let it be rebuilt at editor start up?

Thanks
    I love AA! (AA=Always Acting up)
  • DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 126Moderator
    Fully load? Do you mean fully loading all packages in editor? I wouldn't suggest doing that.Unless you have a beasty machine a crash is fairly possible or it takes a while to load them all. Only load the packages you have assets in.
    I would verify cache and see if that fixes your issue
    Steam-Steam Library-Americas Army Proving Ground-properties-Local Files-Verify integrity of game files
    When I start the Advanced Editor I "Fully Load" all assets so they'll be there in memory when I need to fiddle around with a new asset, and I know what's all available. I can do that because I have 32GB of RAM in Win7Pro.

You can "Fully Load" without any map loaded. It has nothing to do with the map, just the editor assets.

If your map is empty or crashing, you've got other issues.

If you had the Auto Save feature on, you might be able to recover something from prior to the crashing.
    ______

• =GunR=[OldGuy][A]=GunR=[OldGuy][A] Posts: 4Player
    Thanks guy's I just deleted the config and cache then reinstalled the editor that fixed it. U know AA stands for Always Acting up. I reread all the stuff above and after moving my map to a safe place I followed it. I have a pc that handles the the fully load so I have every thing I need to add to the map. Thanks again I hope some time every one can try my map.
    I love AA! (AA=Always Acting up)