4-5s Fuse Nade

Comments

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I can imagine so many situations, where camping in a bush or a tree that makes you hardly visible is the best option. On the other hand pushes can be done with tactics and without.

This still does not take skill or equal the same amount of skill as rushing. Like you said. There is a reason why only certain players rush too and its because they have reflexes/skill/experience to aim very quick and accurately to kill someone. The major bonus from rushing is catching people off guard and flanking people from their spawn. If everyone had those reflexes/skills/experience. Everyone would be rushing. All you people that complain about rushers and fast paced gameplay, are just simply mad because that player is better than they are. Not trying to hate on you or anyone specifically just speaking the truth.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,574Player
    Just tested it to 5 sec.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    I agree many players just suggesting what helps them to easier play their play-style. I think that is what this thread is somewhat about. I mean I understand that, because most players just want to play some relaxing games. But I also was eliminated by a bush camper or a nade, but that doesn't change my mind about powerful concealment or grenades in AA. As I started playing AA2, I think it was on Border or Dusk, I died so many times before I even had the chance to counteract, but that was the thing that challenged me.
    -
    I just have the fear that this AA:PG, after all that hope, is going into a direction that I don't want to see it in like all those other CoD derivates. And that is what I fear if I am reading threads like those about concealment or grenades. Beside the fear that the missing longevity smoke grenade in the last opt-in will be a permanent change in AA.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    edited May 2015
    It's actually not about making it easier. Nades are OP now. Reduce the radius and it gets harder to get kills. Not easier.
    edited May 2015
    That results in making it easier to avoid those nades, so its a less deadly environment, that is what I am talking about.

edited May 2015
    It's actually not about making it easier. Nades are OP now. Reduce the radius and it gets harder to get kills. Not easier.

Exactly

I agree many players just suggesting what helps them to easier play their play-style. I think that is what this thread is somewhat about. I mean I understand that, because most players just want to play some relaxing games.
    OK I have no idea why you are thinking making nades harder to get kills is making the game easier to fit a person's play style and a need to have some layed back relaxing fun in pubs. This actually makes no sense at all yet I am responding to it for whatever reason.

On a side note I love the new forums...You click on on a players profile, You then look in their profile and under the about you click on that persons Username and it brings you to their stats page. It really helps me to figure out why some people post the way they do.

Also not sure how changing the radius of grenades and making it so you hear a person pull a grenade out, pull the pin, and yell frag out etc... Makes this game more CoD like. This game was more closer to CoD when it came out August 29th, 2013. Now this game is far from it, but ya keep saying every good suggestion to make the game better is going to make the game more Cod like hoping the Devs read it and don't want to do because they fall for your bs about it making the game more like call of duty. Keep up the great posts soldier!

From my point of view a more deadly game environment is able to difficulting rushes. So changing the way grenades works is able to either difficulting pushes or oversimplify it.

edited May 2015
    From my point of view a more deadly game environment is able to difficulting rushes. So changing the way grenades works is able to either difficulting pushes or oversimplify it.

Lowering grenade radius will not change this. If you know where to throw the grenade and get a grenade kill it will still be the same thing. To clarify this will not make rushes any easier because as it is right now you still have to land your grenade within 5metres or so of a player to get the kill in order to stop a rush/push. So lowering this to 3m or even 4m will not make it harder for you to stop these rushes/pushes if you already are able to do so.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    i don't see a need to shortening or removing nade fuse cooking. it's a staple feature for this franchise. yes, frags are strong. they should be. but it should be difficult to execute. and the player should get the ability to defend against it.
    -
    i think the first thing to test (before nerfing damage) would be adding audio cues for the pin, spoon, enemy shouts, etc. yes it is silly to hear a spoon, but also just as silly to hear footsteps, but we can all agree for the sake of the game it is crucial for the game experience.
    -
    then you also want to always make a strong effort at cleaning up map design to make it more difficult to frag common areas (as we've heard was done for crossfire rooftops in next week's test thanks to feedback received). i can list several spots on several maps that need this same attention.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,157Player
    edited May 2015
    AAO had tons of spam, let's not mask that. All of the audio cues in the world mean squat when a guy is far enough away that you don't hear them and uses tactical mode so you can't hear him yell. There were tons of times that grenades would just land at your feet like in this game.

That said, the audio cues helped a lot for when an enemy was in mid to close range. A guy on the other side of the wall couldn't just chuck a grenade at you because he knew the enemy could charge at him. It required more smarts. If a guy was close enough to hear the pin or spoon, they would have enough time to run away from the grenade that was going to be coming at them.

Either way, those cues should be added. Test it out. Then adjust the damage range. Personally I wouldn't want to discard cooking unless there was no other way out.
    As I started playing AA2, I think it was on Border or Dusk, I died so many times before I even had the chance to counteract, but that was the thing that challenged me.
    -
    I just have the fear that this AA:PG, after all that hope, is going into a direction that I don't want to see it in like all those other CoD derivates. And that is what I fear if I am reading threads like those about concealment or grenades. Beside the fear that the missing longevity smoke grenade in the last opt-in will be a permanent change in AA.

Personally, I think at this point people just need to accept the fact that this game is never going to be like AA2. If this game was going to be AA2's spiritual successor, then it would have been that way since day 1. This game should focus on being a top notch comp game while trying its best to keep the Army authenticity. It's a tough thing to balance. Being that it's an Army game, people expect certain things from it. So yeah, you don't want to be a COD/CS/BF clone, but there are certain types of gameplay that are more conducive to a good competitive experience.

I may personally never play any kind of comp in AAPG, or at least not at any high level. I don't have the time, dedication (or skill :D) to do so. However, I do want to see the game succeed. And I think going all in on the comp side of the game is the best way to do so.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I don't see how anyone can argue damage radius..it's far too op..make it do the nade throw has to be spot on to get the reward.

Fuse time however can be argued... the shorter the fuse the easier it is to throw! A longer fuse requires it to hold longer leaving player vulnerable. How many times have people been caught with their pants down holding a nade in their hand.

Maybe the fuse time should be longer To balance the power of the nade. With a short fuse it could work as simple as flash bang
    Sure if we want to get AA:PG more like AA2, then we have to talk about much more than grenade radius and smoke grenades. I just want to keep a few things in it, like the much more important smoke grenades. I am also sometimes annoyed by the yellow radius that is illustrated here in this thread, but for me it gets only really annoying on maps like Downtown, Three Kings or any other small maps. I would really miss it on larger maps like Border or Slums. Futhermore the distraction effect from exploding grenades outside, while in a bulding seems a bit overpowered for me.

• GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    edited May 2015
    So here my thoughts to this discussion. Will try to sum up all the points mentioned here before.
    Lowering the radius wont help at all, speaking from close quarter fights. Good thrown - it's always a kill. Lowering the radius even more to iron that out will make grenades complete useless outdoor. Remove cooking is a worse idea, too. Outdoor you can outrun the nade easily and even indoor there is plenty time to get behind a corner or a couch (lol)
    -
    I believe there's only one real reason why grenades acting op. Getting killed without warning and no chance to take a stand. 1.Because there is no (pin) sound. 2.The grenade was cooked and safety thrown over rail without exposing a body-part
    So how can you adjust the opportunities? Simple answer: let the enemy throw the fatal grenade, but force him to be seen long enough to fight him back.
    -
    So now we are talking about mechanics to achieve that goal:
    (brainstorming)
    Make grenade throwing or/and bounces inaccurate/random.
    Restrict accuracy when thrown while lying, leaning or strafing.
    Restrict accuracy or prevent throwing directly after jump.
    Prevent jumping a split second after throw.
    Generally restrict accuracy and/or strength of throw
    except: standing still and/or hold mouse stable a split second
    OR: e.g. hold space to stop movement and determine power and accuracy (like holding breath)
    -
    This are some random ideas. Everything would be only just as little tweaked so that there is a small period of time where the Nader has to expose himself to get his no-more "safe" kill.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited May 2015
    Nope,
    -
    Just add an audible pin sound, maybe even a "Frag Out" if you aren't in tacticle mode and reduce the radius a little and win.
    -
    Easy fix
    Not even Hollywood had a radius as big as AAPG On their nades.. please stop arguing saying the radius is fine.. play a little
    edited May 2015
    Bada your idea is to eliminate cooking and shorten fuse ...essentially it's the same thing.. all cooking does is shorten the fuse. For any decent player it's a simple adjustment and the nade will work just the same without the risk of getting caught with nade in hand