Steam Game Bans

SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
http://steamcommunity.com/actions/WhatIsGameBan

Will the AA team be taking advantage of this system?

Banned by Game Developer (Game Ban)
Because nobody likes playing with cheaters.
Playing games should be fun. In order to ensure the best possible online multiplayer experience, Valve allows developers to implement their own systems that detect and permanently ban any disruptive players, such as those using cheats.
Game developers inform Valve when a disruptive player has been detected in their game, and Valve applies the game ban to the account. The game developer is solely responsible for the decision to apply a game ban. Valve only enforces the game ban as instructed by the game developer.
For more information about a game ban in a specific game, please contact the developer of that game.

Posting a poll mostly to see how well it works and because forum features are tempting
Steam Game Ban system
  1. Should AAPG bans be made public via the Steam Game Ban system?25 votes
    1. Yes
      84.00%
    2. No
      12.00%
    3. Undecided
        4.00%

Comments

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    where would this show up? as some blacklist on the aapg steam hub page? or on each steam user's profile page like a vac ban? or some 3rd party website?
    -
    would the system display a difference between a ban for cheat and say a ban for bad behavior (intentional tk repeatedly until you get banned from officials...)

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited April 2015
    They show up on the Steam profile page just like VAC bans currently do (and with, it seems, the same amount of info -- date of ban & that's it).

Players with OverWatch bans that were classed as "minorly disruptive" haven't had that appear on their profile, so it does seem like there are options for severity.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Anyone who votes no is a chitter lol

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    edited April 2015
    For me it depends on how much information is posted with it or what level of severity is public. If the AACMs decide to ban someone for trolling, TKing or generally being a nuisance, that shouldn't be posted. Official bans for confirmed cheating/dishonest play should be.
    -
    It should only be bans from the AAPG staff and not third-party sites.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    from the looks of it though, the steam profile will not even tell you what game the ban was from. so i find it a bit useless to list a ban on a player's steam profile, with no details, not even the name of the game of said ban.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited April 2015
    America's Army policy has always been never to publically call out banned players. I don't ever see this changing.

But like most, I would love to be able to view Screen Shots on public servers but that will most likely happen after WWIII. :p
    googley avatar aapg