My thoughts on game in context of Opt In

SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
So, we had Opt In and we've seen some issues with it but that was to be expected and I'm not gonna be pessimistic about that when there many positive things we simply forget in daily discussion here on forums.

By looking at how the game changed from the beginning of open beta to this latest sneak-peak build we had during weekend I rest assured that the game is going in the right direction. I love the work put throughout time into recoil and general weapon handling- rifles for example feel like imagined they should in America's Army game. There were many decisions made that are changing the game completely like introduction of limited classes, non-training environment maps or recent complete change of sound engine.

I've seen some games develop from open beta into oblivion because of the development teams they had- rushed out features, bad decisions.

So, now even though I was sometimes laughing at this I thank you Developers for taking the When It's Done™ and Soon™ approach to simply deliver quality- which cannot be delivered with rushing things and general haste. Big thanks once again because this game despite being new and different, brings back good memories of endless hours spent on Hospital, Bridge or even simply having those gripping firefights with enemy you very well knew from your favourite server.

Once again, thank you Devs, for the work you've put and good luck nailing down all those little bugs that came up in Opt-In, and I think to some degree many can agree with my feelings towards the game and its close future.

Comments

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I really liked the Overall direction of the opt-in. The sound is much better than the current Open Beta. I heard much more on the opt in. However I did not like the direction of somethings though, and also finding out the weird supported bug issue was still there (Where the guy is supported and he is looking right at you and shooting you but the animation for it he is looking in the complete opposite direction this has to mess with hit reg on someone supported so much, and there are so many people exploiting this right now it is isane. Also the fact that supported hadn't been changed in anyway was a bit of a downer.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    The sound is much better than the current Open Beta.
    The sound has to potential to be much better, but it was absolutely awful in the opt-in. The game wouldn't be playable in the long term without a lot of improvement.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited April 2015
    The sound is much better than the current Open Beta.
    The sound has to potential to be much better, but it was absolutely awful in the opt-in. The game wouldn't be playable in the long term without a lot of improvement.
    Sound had it's issue in the opt in yes but I heard much clearer and much better in the opt in, compared to what I hear in the open beta atm. Once they fix the sounds on surfaces and iron out some the issues it will be much better. The HDR thing I think is effecting alot of people right now way more than it is meant to. Saying the sound was absolutely awful in opt-in is simply incorrect and inaccurate. If they were to have said this the new sound api and its fully done, than we could talk about it being awful, but its not fully completed and we know that...that means how footsteps sound on some surfaces for example with be improved on. (Just like it was about 2 years ago if you were around from the very start and was playing before august 29th, 2013 on the closed beta like I was. Just like their was dead spots in some maps where certain places seemed to make no footstep noise that was fixed 2 years ago and it will be fixed by full release as well.)

Now knowing all this will be fixed, and a zaxis will be added to tell first floor from second floor etc. I am not taking into account any of this when I say the sound was better in opt-in than it is in open beta. When I say sound was better in opt-in vs current open beta build, I was simply going by the fact that I heard guns switching, guns reloading, all sorts of sounds a lot more from the distances they are meant to be heard from. Same goes for footsteps I heard them way better and way more from the distances they are meant to be heard from.

Now the next thing is the HDR, The HDR didnt seem to effect as much as it did 95% of the people who played opt-in or more. I would love to see if the HDR is removed for the next opt-in how people would respond to the new sound api then.

The other thing too is, if you played the opt-in and didn't take the time to relearn all the new sounds and what each sound means etc...Your obviously gonna have a hard time finding out what these sounds are telling you. It took me a good full day by the time i was level 4 I started to really appreciate the new sound.

ASK anyone I played the opt-in with I heard footsteps and other sounds really well. I even helped sauce with his sound settings since he is on an XFi and I am on the XFi titanium HD, and he said my settings def helped him.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Yes I heard sounds well too.. just no idea from where or how close or far.. so if they pretty much change it all. Yes it will be better lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw