This supported position!!!!

n1]CeparSo^n1]CeparSo^ Posts: 60Player
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
I´m so [Mod Edit: Language] raged atm this supported position is so stupid...I dunno if they already put it out of the gamfe in Opt In(didnt played that, the first was just terrible and dissapointing for me), but have to say it is to OP. You´re a small target...ok get that. You have less recoil... sure normal. But doing a riverdance behind that cover while still have all these advantages is just unreal. I mean I´m a soldier by myself but never start dancing behind a cover in a supported position. I know its a game but this are to many advantages .
Sry but I just have to get rid of that point to calm down a bit. Maybe the Opt In players know more and give me some good news.

Comments

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Not sure how many complaints its gonna take but nobody is happy with supported but supported stays the same makes me wonder if the feedback behind close doors is in favor to keep supported the way it is. Because if I was releasing a game that is coming out of beta. Supported fire (the way it is currently in open beta) would of been in the top 10 of things to rework for full release. In all the opt-ins I played I didn't notice any change to supported fire. They even tried to nerf bakery window one opt-in so people could not go supported in the window. Like it's not hard to figure out the real problem! It is not bakery window being an op spot that is the problem it is supported fire and all the bugs, hit reg, laser beam aim and other issues that come with supported fire that make that spot op.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Public players don't mind it so it's fine if it stays in the game :)
  • n1]CeparSo^n1]CeparSo^ Posts: 60Player
    mmmhhh Kill@ is this sarcasm ?! =)
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited July 2015
    I like supported and the deeper crouch. Dying by someone supported does not call for a rally cry to remove it..

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

See? It's even Bam approved, we can keep it!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    See? It's even Bam approved, we can keep it!

Literally the only metric I use
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

I didnt say to remove the supported position just the point that you can sidestep the whole time and dont have a disadvantage by that for example the recoil ...
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited July 2015
    I think it should get removed actually, don't see anything good in this "feature"
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    cK^CeparSo wrote: »
    I didnt say to remove the supported position just the point that you can sidestep the whole time and dont have a disadvantage by that for example the recoil ...

Think supported is designed so one man can hold and area very well. Watch an ARMY movie ever heard the term they are dug in ( supported ). If supported was equal to normal would be of no value.

********Bam4D********

Like taking cover behind something while the enemys is maybe running or at least has to watch multiple spots isn't enough
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    Bushes alone are not enough, we need supported.
    How about supported positon inside a bush? that would be awesome
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    or just set up a cover where ever you want....!!!!

I dont have to watch an ARMY viedo I already told ya that I´m a soldier by myself for some years now so I know what this means...but I wont continue this discussion at this point I think you´re right keep it like it is so ... have fun supported <--- --->
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Want supported? bring back the bipod :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    RFI 5:
    You may now support on bushes by pressing Z.
    Hold Z to convert the bush to a ghillie suit. You are now a walking bush.
    Press Z again to go supported on your ghillie suit.

Heard it here first devs, it's what comp wants :D
    edited July 2015
    Does SSK mean Severely Scared Kids? :D it's a game sometimes you win, sometimes lose, but it always starts again & again. ;) no need to take out that which challenges you, work together to overcome those held tight positions.

********Bam4D********

• At least with the bipods you had the disadvantage of having to wait for the animations if you wanted to move.

My biggest gripe is the lack of difference in recoil/aim between supported stationary and supported strafing. Something like only allowing movement while ducking in supported would be a step in the right direction, in my opinion.
    kickpipe.jpg
    Bam4D wrote: »
    Does SSK mean Severely Scared Kids? it's a game sometimes you win, sometimes lose, but it always starts again & again. ;) no need to take out that which challenges you, work together to overcome those held tight positions.

Speaking of take out challenges, why people for example don't learn how to control the recoil instead of using supported positions? Oh wait...
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam