Custom maps - missing cached shaders

derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
edited April 2015 in Server Support
Hi,

Is there a way to skip or fix the missing cached shaders server side, because if my server is loading a new (custom)map it will be stucked in this process for about 1,5 minutes, and in the meantime everyone will be kicked from the server because of the timeout.(they would have left anyway)

As of now i can only host 1 custom made map, because this problem does not exist if im running 1 map only/

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    I would suggest adding all the UMM's you want to your server and load them 1 time without any people in the server. this will build the server shaders and then you don't have to worry about anymore, or at least till the map gets up dated again or you reboot the server.
  • derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    edited April 2015
    -edit- seems working now^^ thanks
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    Glad you got it working! ;)
    edited April 2015
    Would be great if the shader build is needid only once tho.... It a bit annoying and takes alot of time to reload (10)maps one by one again after a server restart or crash.
    edited April 2015
    Found a way, shutting down the server for the first time with ctrl+c will save the shader file to disc.

suggestion for a next patch is to save the shader file to disk right after a map has been loaded
    (server sided only)
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    edited April 2015
    Is your server a private host or a normal rental server like Gameserver?
    Private..