Supported position firing

So, my question before I state my thoughts is, are we players and Devs happy with how supported position works currently?
Because I was thinking about it that some time ago the needed fix for supported pos. crouch spamming was step in the right direction but there is still thing with ability to shift your position left and right while using it. What it's basicly doing, is allowing you to be able to strafe with pretty much the same speed if you were just standing but also with almost non-existent recoil and sway.

In my opinion only thing it does is lowering skill ceiling, as well as artificially buffing defense side (which should be by the very definition easier to play).

Comments

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I don't really like anchoring. I never use it myself but the big problem is that it messes up the hit box of anchored enemies, making it harder to hit them.

That's what it feels like anyway, i'm not sure if anyone has tested that properly.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    What kills me about supported position is that if you are looking at someone supported they are looking straight ahead. You go to line up your shot and they kill you at an impossible angle because it doesn't matter where there looking it always shows them looking straight ahead. That defiantly needs a fix

• SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    Buggy hitbox, overpowered accuracy, spamming standing and crouching and firing lasers on distance.

I say no thanks to supported position in the way it is now.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    "Overpowered accuracy" is the object on supported position or bipods.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    "Overpowered accuracy" is the object on supported position or bipods.

And if they implement it so you can't strafe around while supported, I think that would balance supported positions out. Right now they're horrible. There's no balance at all.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    Sure I agree or it should take more time at least.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • Cheatin_DeathCheatin_Death Posts: 11Player
    Would like to see more surfaces to accept supported fire, like boxes and barrels not just windows and jersey barriers. Would also like to see prone supported fire and the return of the bipod on the M24 and SAW
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,137Player
    Bipods worked in the old game because you had to deploy them every time (took time) and you couldn't move. That was balance for the super accuracy. Current supported mode has no negatives.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited April 2015
    I dont understand how this doesn't get addressed. There is such a SIMPLE SOLUTION to making supported less OP. Simply remove the strafe while supported. I can't believe this didin't make it into release yet. unbelievable. Remove strafe while supported and make your video game better
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    Supported fire is junk. Just go back to bipod where you had no movement (strafe).
    /thread
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I'd love to say why this feature is still in game ..sadly I can't

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    This is one of the reasons I can't understand why UMMs don't get more players.. hardly anyone puts functionality for supported/mounted firing into their UMM.. it's just an extra step in making a map and nobody likes it.

Have hate 4 mounted? then Support UMM :)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    when umm are as easy to load as officials they will get more love. When you load into a server and it says please subscribe to these maps being played... and it actually works..people will play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    get rid of this already.. its so broken and OP
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited April 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote:
    when umm are as easy to load as officials they will get more love. When you load into a server and it says please subscribe to these maps being played... and it actually works..people will play.

I know :)

I'm just taking every possible opportunity to toot the UMM horn buddy, helps give people who go to the efforts in making them some slither of hope that them efforts will not be in vain :wink:
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    The reason Supported fire is in the game is because, like Tactical Mode and Leaning, the community begged and pestered to get it. That's the total truth of the matter....! I've been here for thirteen years and people often ask for stuff with no idea how tough something is to properly implement within the constraints of the game engine.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Chafe the strafe.
    .... and the head looking at a different direction bug.

I can't believe the bug made it through.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I rarely have used Supported Position because the mechanism to latch on/off takes to long for me, especially when I need to run away from a nade.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    The issue isn't that going supported exists in the game, it's that supported lets a player freely slide around while drastically reducing firing penalties to below just about any other state in the game. You get to be a hard target with amazing aim. Where's the drawback to going supported every chance you get?

The most straightforward fix is, once supported, you can't slide around. If you want drastically lower recoil, you're a stationary target.

The question isn't "Why is this a game mechanic?" That answer's obvious, people asked for it. The question being asked is "Why is this an over-powered game mechanic with no drawbacks that has yet to be addressed?"