We need a thread to collect general feedback on opt-in !

124»

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    You guys have linked your steam account to your soldiers? right?

160wwp.jpg
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited April 2015
    I changed my Steam persona for the sake of testing just before posting my response. My forum name is still my AA account's displayed name.

And FYI, to log into Steam I have to use my persona/AAPG forum/in-game soldier/user name, NOT my unique Steam account name.
    I don't follow this, sorry. By definition, your Steam account name is what you use to log in to Steam.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    To clarify:

Log in to Steam: Steam account name (chosen when you made a Steam account; permanent)
    Steam profile: Shows a Steam alias, this can be changed

AAPG profile: name chosen via AA site, can be changed
    AAPG forums: same name as AAPG profile, same login as for the game

Opt-in menu: seems like it's displaying the Steam profile name
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 339Beta Tester

160wwp.jpg

Uni-Sol, I will check later tonight. Where is this screen located? How does one access it?

BCPull, my bad for not being clearer, sorry.
    The name I use to log into my "Steam account" is NOT the same as my Steam account's "unique name".
    How this came to be I have no answer. I know I can change my password but I can find no info on changing log-in names. Nor do I remember ever doing so but there it is.
    In my case it appears that the Opt-In version used my unique Steam account name and not my AA persona name.
    As I did not play on-line I have no idea what effect that may have had on this issue. Also, in game on a LAN all were seen as "player". Even if there soldier names appeared as yours does in that screen capture.

I do not believe I'll be available for the next Opt-In so it maybe a while before I see this resolved, (if it's possible).
    product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Duke_Audi wrote: »

160wwp.jpg

Uni-Sol, I will check later tonight. Where is this screen located? How does one access it?

BCPull, my bad for not being clearer, sorry.
    The name I use to log into my "Steam account" is NOT the same as my Steam account's "unique name".
    How this came to be I have no answer. I know I can change my password but I can find no info on changing log-in names. Nor do I remember ever doing so but there it is.
    In my case it appears that the Opt-In version used my unique Steam account name and not my AA persona name.
    As I did not play on-line I have no idea what effect that may have had on this issue. Also, in game on a LAN all were seen as "player". Even if there soldier names appeared as yours does in that screen capture.

I do not believe I'll be available for the next Opt-In so it maybe a while before I see this resolved, (if it's possible).

After what BC posted after his tests, I'm not sure it matters if you link or not, the game sounds like its using your Steam Alias rather than soldier name (if I understand it all correctly). My Steam alias is the same as my soldier name, which is why I think I'm not noticing what you mean and fully understanding the issue.

Non the less.. that page is your profile page, where you veiw your soldier profile etc.. at the AA website here (its the page after you login) = http://www.americasarmy.com/profile

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 339Beta Tester
    ...that page is your profile page, where you veiw your soldier profile etc.. at the AA website here (its the page after you login) = http://www.americasarmy.com/profile

You say's it's my profile page yet that's not the page I get when I click on my name to view my profile. It appears to me that the only way I can access this page is to log in. I can not find any other way to see this page within the forum.
    What am I missing? Or, is this a forum bug?

product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Oh....that link is your game profile, not your forum profile.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Oh....that link is your game profile, not your forum profile.
    ^ This

Once you link your AAPG soldier to your steam account, it 'should' show the same soldier name ingame as the one you set in your soldier profile. (Which should also have the same name as your forum name).

• {4F}Bald^Eagle{4F}Bald^Eagle Posts: 4Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »

Love your sig Nero. Had a buddy who used to preach "Positive Action Brings Positive Change" all the time.

Take care,

Dave

• -=1S1K=-MK-1982-=1S1K=-MK-1982 Posts: 16Player
    - DEMOREC.... SUPER PRO
    - SPOT... I prefer the new way... could be 3 sec is enough
    - REVIVE TMEOUT... I prefer that the ADMIN can chose the old way or the new way but i like the timeout