We need a thread to collect general feedback on opt-in !

Comments

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Adjustments to the timer will be made. However the bigger issue is the wall cheat that occurs when you secure an enemy and his timer just disappears from his friendlies. Now everyone knows the location of that one securing enemy simply because the timer disappeared.

My point being... No matter how you place the timer, it will still give away enemy positions upon the secure. The timer needs to be invisible and people estimate the time left.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited April 2015
    Edit. Duh.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited April 2015
    Any indicator is going to disappear at some point. In the current build, the medic icon will disappear and you could get info.

The issue with the "unsecure" indicator was that it counted down after the enemy performed an action, so you had a 5-second window where the UI was saying "Enemy here!" instead of hoping a player would notice the icon disappear right when it happened.

It's not a timer matter, it's that a UI element is removed. I think the timer is an important component of limited revive time; if there's serious concern about it giving away too much info on secures:
    -- as a player: don't secure & wait for bleed-out
    -- as a Dev: consider adding a delay on the timer being hidden

There were a few times where I was secured and still saw my timer a while longer on allies' screens in spectator mode; I'd assumed it was intentional to mask the effect you mention. Maybe a bug? Who knows. Most of my time was no-revive so I didn't pay too much attention to it.
  • OrmirOrmir Posts: 6Player
    Good job devs yu going in right direction. Finally it look and feel like AA game. Medic idea great. Spray and pray and my M4 rise up to sky nice. M16 not just for show nice. General I like it.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,140Player
    edited April 2015
    1. Bar counts down time to bleed out
    2. Player comes and secures enemy
    3. Bar continues to count down to bleed out for 5 seconds then disappears
    4. If the player were to have bled out in those 5 seconds then the bar disappears when the player would have bled out

Simple enough. In 5 seconds, a player can be long gone.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    BCPull wrote: »

The issue with the "unsecure" indicator was that it counted down after the enemy performed an action, so you had a 5-second window where the UI was saying "Enemy here!" instead of hoping a player would notice the icon disappear right when it happened.

It's not a timer matter, it's that a UI element is removed.

Yes just take out any and all head up display UI elements, and bring back that secure save ' LOVED IT ' Put player names on the full map toggle or make name pull up low and bottom of screen when you point at them, also really liked what was going on with the RADAR ' OPT IN " right side, but all i need is ICONS that flash or show color if taken on the right side of RADAR, not long drawn out words.

We are not the Call of Lead me around with colors DUTY players.... We are ARMY STRONG!! no need to baby us. ;)

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015
    <p>@=IK=Doba=, sure I also enjoy playing without revives, which of course is most slow-paced. And that is what I am trying to advocate for. But I also dont want to lose the kind of teamwork we enjoy on server like the popular community server of the beerme clan. So if a revivesystem then in way where it fits into a slow-paced AA philosophy.</p>
    <p>@Whiplash27: A player who is wounded that much, that he is going to die in 10 seconds, shouldn't be recorded as incapacitated anyways. He should be recorded as dead, so no revive for him.</p>
    <p>And how do you guys feel about the removal of the smoke grenades. I already mentioned the differences between the duration of the different grenades in a post above. How will this work especially on those maps.</p>
    <p>10 sec fog, 35 sec smoke (50 sec AA2 smoke).</p>
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 449Player
    Bullet damage - Am I the only one who wasn't quite sure when I was being hit or where from? I'm sure the positional sound has something to do with it, but at times I could get down to 50% or less damage before I even knew I was being fired upon. Conversely, likely to do with reg, it wasn't always clear when I hit my foe. I sure hope these things can be improved upon vastly.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    edited April 2015

Just a few suggestions for improving the settings menu.
    • Text cut off on gamma adjustment screen
    • Mouse sensitivity & numeric input (pretty sure someone said this was already a planned change)
    • Rolling over elements produces different sounds
    • Sliders ring every time they're shown on a page for the first time
    • No "Return" button (perhaps to avoid confusion with confirming changes, like an "Escape" vs "Save & Return" choice might produce?)
    • No scrollbars on drop-down menu elements
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    clans affiliation/memebership
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015
    clans affiliation/memebership
    If you mean a clantag/membership protection, then you got my vote. :-)
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • {4F}Bald^Eagle{4F}Bald^Eagle Posts: 4Player
    Don't have time to read all the forums. If this has been posted already, please just disregard. I took two screenshots of one bug I'll talk about by pressing F9. But, no screenshots were saved under AAPG-Opt In.Engine folder...which is the only place I saw a screenshot folder. I also attempted to "press" the "submit a bug" radio button, but nothing happened. So, let me try to coherently set the scene. Both bugs occurred on the Opt In Intercept map. First, from the defense side, throw a flash at the wall (clears the north end of the upper barn). Then round the half wall and try to bounce a flash off the opposite wall from the first flash to clear the bottom of the steps. The second flash will disappear. Confirmed this 5 times. The next bug occurred in the basement. I picked up an RPK off the ground in the basement and headed up the steps. At the top of the steps, I had no crosshair. Weapon was otherwise operable. Crosshair was missing from primary weapon as well. Couldn't confirm this as with the flash in the barn bug for obvious reasons.

Let me say in general, the game seemed to run smoothly. Sound, at times lost its directional aspects (couldn't tell foot steps were upstairs or downstairs on 3 Kings. I do like the sound effect on that map that makes the weapon's fire muffled and far away. White Eagle has posted some other observations on this forum...maybe not this thread, but, somewhere here in the forums.

I absolutely loved Overload. What a great user made map. It was just very exciting to be playing on a new map. I so miss the 2.X days when there were enough maps that I never really got bored with the game. AAPG has brought a great many of the "old heads" back. Mostly, I believe, because of its similarity to AA 2.X. I go back to the Homelan server days. AA 1 and 2 were just awesome games. I was introduced to the game when it was featured on Sixty Minutes.

I so hope you all, Devs and Betas, continue on the path that you're on.

Thanks for the opportunity to Opt In and give feedback.

See you upstairs in the barn

{4F}Bald^Eagle (Dave)
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 642Player
    In the future I'd recommend using Steam for screenshots. I believe the default key is F12, which you should be able to confirm in your settings.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 333Beta Tester

main%20screen_zpssqszpmhx.jpg

In this screen capture, where does the info come from for BCPull's name to appear?
    Mine showed something different than my in-game/user name.
    product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited April 2015
    Duke_Audi wrote: »
    main%20screen_zpssqszpmhx.jpg

In this screen capture, where does the info come from for BCPull's name to appear?
    Mine showed something different than my in-game/user name.

The name should be the same as the soldier name you setup, that is tied to your steam account when you made the AA account and linked it to steam.

What that reads after that, should match the Soldiername you chose and set up here http://www.americasarmy.com/register
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

The name should be the same as the soldier name you setup, that is tied to your steam account when you made the AA account and linked it to steam.

What that reads after that, should match the Soldiername you chose and set up here http://www.americasarmy.com/register

Ah... but in my case it's not. It's using my unique Steam account name not my Steam, AAPG forum & in-game user name.
    Is it possible that others set up their Steam accounts using their AA persona names instead of a unique account name as Steam suggests?
    Or is this problem unique to me???

From Steam's FAQ page:

Can I Change My Steam Account Name?

No, Steam account names cannot be changed and must be unique.

No two accounts can share the same account name. However, you can change your Steam account's persona. Your persona is the name that is used in Steam Community, your friends list and within various games. Steam personas are not unique and can be shared by unlimited accounts.

TIP:
    We recommend choosing an easy to remember account name when creating a Steam account.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Good point, Duke....my Steam, game and now forum names all match. I've never added an extra one.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited April 2015
    That's displaying my "Steam persona", the alias shown on the Steam profile page. That can be different from the Steam account name, which is what you use to log in to Steam.

All 3 possibilities (AA soldier name, Steam account name, Steam persona name) are different for me and that's what's displayed.
    BCPull wrote: »
    That's displaying my "Steam persona", the alias shown on the Steam profile page. That can be different from the Steam account name, which is what you use to log in to Steam.

All 3 possibilities (AA soldier name, Steam account name, Steam persona name) are different for me and that's what's displayed.

You say all three are different and it's using your Steam persona name? However, your AAPG forum user name looks to be the same as the one shown in that screen capture. Or, am I missing some subtle difference?
    If it is as you say, using your persona name then why, in my case, is it using my Steam account name and not my Steam AAPG persona name?
    Is this a Steam issue or an AA problem??

And FYI, to log into Steam I have to use my persona/AAPG forum/in-game soldier/user name, NOT my unique Steam account name.

Did I do a booboo when I set up my Steam account???