We need a thread to collect general feedback on opt-in !

Comments

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 449Player
    Glad you brought that back up Doba. I concur.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    It's taken what, 6 months to get to this point? I can't see them doing an awful lot in terms of 'big gameplay' changes and 'massive design' alterations in time for release, this opt-in was a peak at what the actual release is gonna be, they said it themselves. It's their last few chances of getting some valuable feedback on things before throwing it on steam and hoping for the best. I'm sure they would have hoped for a better reception than they have received from this opt-in but hey, it's that old "can't please everyone" popping back into it.

I'm sure certain things will be improved, lots of what's been fed back will surely give them some late working hours and immense efforts to put right.. but lets be real here, they don't exactly have another 6 months to go changing the game anymore.. So, honestly I'm fearful that lot's of people are gonna be disappointed no matter what the Devs do or don't do before that time comes and it's a shame. Expectations have always been high in this community and that's both good and bad. I had the same expectations myself in the AA3 days.. always wanted the game to be better than it was and when it wasn't it made me sore, left me with a sour taste and now that game is a memory. Now I just have my say, play what were given and hold onto hope that things can be better, if not.. after a while I will either adjust and accept or leave.

I guess what I'm saying is it might be beneficial to start accepting that the game can't be exactly how you all would like it to be when all is said and done, start to embrace some of the changes made to the game.. if only to save yourselves from possibility of disappointment.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    But it's not all bad.. but there are two major factors when making a game ..sound and reg.

Reg didn't feel bad aside from the bug.. but the sound was horrible.. once they fix that were game.

Problem is I read too many poor suggestions on this forum that will make the game both not exciting and too easy.

Remember keep it simple stupid.

A harder game is a game worth the effort an easy game will get boring and put aside .. stop feeding the new player! Feed the loyal

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    They have to fix positional audio and registry. You'll find very few FPS gamers who will accept poor performance in both of these areas. If the game improves over time, it will be too late as it will be slammed with poor reviews early on and this is the only chance they have with marketing this game on Steam. The outlook calls for another small crowd AA title. AA3 will have probably had more players playing the game than this.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,454Player
    I like the timer for revive its just right and will help getting team play better.
    What I don't understand and this is off topic is what are the beta testers doing?
    Did they test this opt-in before you let us players test it this weekend?
    If they did why did they miss so many bugs and miss how bad the sound was.
    Maybe they was still camping in the innerhospital garden waiting for a enemy to
    pass them :D
    gKQ6BB2.png
    This has been addressed before, although like yourself I still question it.

The answer is that the Betas are doing a good job and the Developers may not be able to address everything the Beta team reports. Blame it on the Devs.

I blame it on both, but that's me.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    I'm a beta tester ..it was my decision to give you a broken version of what we are playing in closed beta because I felt the new forums needed some excitement!

Deal with it

I'm blame Doba specifically. What a fool! :D
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    You're all welcome !

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,140Player
    Things started going down hill in the beta program once Doba got in :D
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    I was a beta for a whole 6 hours, before it got removed from my forum permissions :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,140Beta Tester
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I'm a beta tester ..it was my decision to give you a broken version of what we are playing in closed beta because I felt the new forums needed some excitement!

Deal with it

^^^^^^this. We said the more we miss and don't pay attention to this build the bigger headache you guys have. :p

• Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 374Moderator
    DELTON, to answer your questions - we'll get an updated version posted, but for now:

http://archive2.forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9147
  • TearTear Posts: 19Developer
    That's very helpful, Bear_82. If you keep up the good work, then maybe you can be a Beta Tester someday. ;)
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015
    <p>Certainly both grenade types are required. I use fogs if I expecting a risky pickup, especially on defense, or for a fast extract. But I dont want to get restricted to fogs only, which last only ~10 seconds in a useful density, while smokes lasts ~35 seconds (~50 seconds in AA2). Just to keep the proportion in mind.</p>
    <p>Futhermore I am pretty sure that the current revite-timout will generate problems especially on maps like ArtcticNigh, Border and other huge maps. For me, it is clearly that if you decided to enable revives on a server then this short timeout will force AA:PG more into a fast-paced playstyle ala BF or CoD, or just more attentive players that just dont revives.</p>
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,454Player
    Bear_82 wrote: »
    DELTON, to answer your questions - we'll get an updated version posted, but for now:

http://archive2.forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9147
    Thank you

gKQ6BB2.png
    Maps such as border and other huge maps never had revives yet they were playable.. so you expect to be on the opposite side or the map on border and run all the way around to medic someone? I think not. Maybe someone should have stayed with his team..

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    edited April 2015
    I've seen quite a few mixed feelings about Revive Timer lengths here. Some people think it is too long, some too short. It is worth noting that the Standard Revive Timer is at 45 seconds right now, but that timer drops to 15 seconds if you are shot in the head. Only noticing one of these two timer lengths could certainly skew opinions, so I just wanted to clarify for everyone.
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    What I don't understand and this is off topic is what are the beta testers doing?
    Did they test this opt-in before you let us players test it this weekend?

We told you ahead of time this build was going to be more broken than usual. This is because a lot of systems are still a work in progress and our focus is getting those things in right now. The Beta's job wasn't to get this build to the state of the Open Beta build, it was to make sure the game was playable and the systems we wanted to test were in place to a certain extent. The stability and quality of the Opt In build is similar to good builds that the Betas get tossed their way all the time. If you don't want to play a build of this quality, then don't Opt In.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Oh, I like you, Rawrster!!! :smiley: