We need a thread to collect general feedback on opt-in !

[eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
<p>Dear Forum, Dear Moderators,</p>

<p>I think there should be thread to collect general feedback on opt-in or AA:PG in general, because we currently only have threads for specific topics like audio, HUD, setting and specific map feedback. But there are so much other changes we have to talk about, like the revive-timeout, the missing smoke grenades or the auto-spotting at shoot. Of course sometimes players do that scattered in the different thread, but that is unclearly.</p>
Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !

Comments

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Put those comments in here then :smile: I try to read everything!
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015
    <p>Sure, its your forum :-)</p>
    <p>So, let us start with the revive-timeout. I like the idea of adding a timeout to getting revived in terms of realism, but especially the current timeout is far to short even for smaller maps. Most people on publics just try to revive mainly no matter the costs, so this will force the people to do much more fast-paced nonreflected stuff. And I think reviving now have its place in the Americas Army. Beside the usual public, I am playing a lot on the custom map server with old maps like Border, River Village and reviving is enabled there. The players there are not playing that nonreflected, so this timeout will destroy the way we are playing there.</p>
    <p>Last but not least I am missing the smoke grenades. It seems that the fog grenades in this opt-in build last as short as the fog in the default build. I am going to check that after the opt-in. Sometimes a push, extraction or any other process takes it time and there is where smokes come into place, beside the fact that they are much better to distract enemy snipers.</p>
    <p>So summarizing, there are already so much elements in the default gamemode, that forces the people to play too much fast-paced. Please make those things optional and save the old-school-playstyle. I plead to give server admins variables to enable, disable and to adjust that.</p>

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I actually think the revive timer is a bit long. :/

It might be a good idea to have some polls at the end of each opt-in for the different topics and have a message about the polls in the launcher news.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    My feedback so far is this..

The more I have played the more I am enjoying the opt-in, I'm happy about almost all changes that have been made and the amount of work you guys must be putting in really shows.. but being honest, at first, this was NOT the case. I was quite shocked at the massive amounts of change, it was a lot to take in and because of that I could easily have come here spouting off all manner of things I hated about what's now different to something I had been used to for 6 months, but you know what? I gave it a fair chance before doing so.. and I'll tell you what.. I'm glad I did.

Rather than me being negative about things, and not allowing myself to adapt to the changes, it's far too easy to do that (but it seems there's a lot of it already around already) I'm just going to say I'm really looking forward to seeing what's going to be coming next, what will come of all the awesome feedback you guys are getting and then enjoying the game even more for it :)

There's not much I can say here in terms of constructive criticisms that others haven't already made you aware of a hundred times over already.. so now all that's left for me to say is thanks! and when is opt-in 2 planned? cuz I'm not entirely looking forward to going back to beta :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Sticky'd
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

edited April 2015
    <p>Thanks for making this a sticky</p>
    <p>Polls just indicates what the mass wants for a specific period of time. I just remembering the statements during the AA3 development on melee attacks, the hold-your-breath feature and much other things, that finally were implemented in this series.</p>
    <p>I am not one of the players that says everyhing in AA2 is better, but I always plead to an hardcore mode or server variables in general to fit the needs of different playstyles.</p>

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Sound engine is great (can easily see all of the potential). HDR module seems like on of those things that sounds good from a realism perspective but ends up hurting the 3 dimensional sound space that is challenged enough already. Revive timer is whatever to me. I don't really see it being a compromise adapted by the competitive scene and so far it just seems to be another revive purgatory like no revive on hs servers but we will see how it turns out. I personally like the ui and everything that has been done in the video/optimization/fidelity department. It seems like there are a lot of issues with registry, server desyncs and stuff so its hard to comment on hit detection right now. Love the backpack. Like the new weapons just need to trim back ammo now to actual add value to good resource management. Overall I have enjoyed the opt in and look forward to the final release.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
    edited April 2015
    <p>Sure disabling the revives in general is always a good option and there is no depedency on the hardcore mode, it is a seperated value. But if it is enabled it forces people to observe a situation a lot shorter, which results in a faster gameplay, like a shorter running fog.</p>
    <p>Those settings like much other settings are able to force a player into a more fast-paced or a more slow-paced one playstyle. Slow-paced tactics are just more sanctioned due to these changes. A few more examples are the movement speed on crouch currently or if the activity is on or off. Maybe we need a thread what server variables we need for this game.</p>
    <p>I strongly believe that we need a variable to turn it on or off, or one that allows admins to adjust the time, maybe also too lowering it if you prefering that way. I am going to increase it on a public server by a factor around 5 on maps like border or other larger custom and AA:PG maps. Sad that I wasn't able to test it on our opt-in server, because I couldn't connect to it if there was custom map running. I am pretty sure it will be not only fast-paced, it will be nearly impossible to bring a sniper back online.</p>

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,152Player
    edited April 2015
    With four minutes a player can still be slow and cautious... The main difference is that you can't sit around for 5 minutes doing nothing of importance or waiting for the crowd to thin out before you finally get going.

The end of round 2v2 matchups that take forever because no one wants to blink first should hopefully be cut down on.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    edited April 2015
    Yes watching there for 5 minutes and doing nothing would be a bit special, but you can do other things in that time an get him up later, ideally while a friendly sniper is watching him frequently. But I agree a timeout up to 5 minutes might be too long and the useful density of smokes last for around 35 seconds and those of fog around 10 seconds.

• I am mostly agreeing with General.Jung's evaluations, especially concerning the critics on the revive feature. In my opinion, the revive and bandaging system in AA3 was the best i've seen so far because with the four conditions and the corresponding treatments you not only had to get to the incapacitated player and just press a button but also had to to take a moment to focus on that person to select the correct treatment to get him up again. This not only slows down the game a bit, but also is a slightly more realistic manner, to handle an incap player because it forces one to be more cool-headed and think twice due to the fact that one will be unable to respond to threats for a longer time.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    I am mostly agreeing with General.Jung's evaluations, especially concerning the critics on the revive feature. In my opinion, the revive and bandaging system in AA3 was the best i've seen so far because with the four conditions and the corresponding treatments you not only had to get to the incapacitated player and just press a button but also had to to take a moment to focus on that person to select the correct treatment to get him up again. This not only slows down the game a bit, but also is a slightly more realistic manner, to handle an incap player because it forces one to be more cool-headed and think twice due to the fact that one will be unable to respond to threats for a longer time.

Seriously? AA3 was garbage from the floor up ! The medic system was so bad it's not even funny. This day and age the devs will cater to the kids....it's a fact of life. Consoles, 5 second attention spans, only want run and gun.
    All they had to do was update AA2 with a newer game engine and make the graphics crisp and updated for a winner here. So far...they have done none of that.
    The new opt-in was a step in the right direction but the sound is off in places. And the graphics look a little crisper and the menus look more appealing.
    I still hate these new forums.
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • <p>I focused ONLY on the medic system and my appreciation for its complexity. I also prefer AA2 instead of all the others (not saying that AA3 was completely bad) but you have to admit that the medic system was way more detailed as in AA2 (showing the location of the wound and the need to treat every single gunshot for itself). I think your main concern to doom the AA3 medic system is the differnece of being able to revive players which of course is not possible in AA2 and the lack of medics but giving every player the possibilty to treat wounds. I would also recommend medic classes and even a separation into certain fireteams like in the other AA's.</p>
    <p>But the main problem I got with AAPG is that it takes almost no time to treat wounds/revive players. With such a medic system, as I prefer it, you now need to take your time for this actions. But of course the best/ most realistic solution would be to ban revives completely which in fact is possible to be set as a varirable by server admins</p>
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 458Player
    Let's deal with the two biggest problems to get this game on track. Registry and positional audio. Ekcomm nailed it in his post.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • {IRISH}Fries{IRISH}Fries Posts: 1Player
    I'm not a computer whiz. But the lagg in the opt in is terrible. I have my setting on low or off for everything.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 458Player
    Historically they haven't had success with network and UE
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    I can live with that.....hitboxes and positional audio are baddddd
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • PFC-M.Simpkins[3rdID]PFC-M.Simpkins[3rdID] Posts: 8Player
    edited April 2015
    Reference: http://news.americasarmy.com/first-opt-in-beta-test/
    • Limited revival time: Good. Might need tweaking.
    • Spot timer: Okay... Try something longer than 3 sec, but shorter than 6.
    • New enemy weapons: Great!
    • New weapon models: Awesome!
    • M1911: Amazing! Great to have the stopping power of a .45 ACP
    • Optics: Rad. Love all of 'em except SUSAT (personal preference)
    • HUD: Functional. Easy to understand.
    • Main UI: Will be glad when it's finished.
    • New Gear Sets: Uhhh.... Didn't notice these.
    • New Camouflage: Lovin' it. One of the challenges of AA2 was distinguishing between the many uniforms friendly and enemy forces wore, and civilian clothes. Please move this in that direction (lose the distinguishing red for Czervanians, please).
    • DEMOREC: I have no idea what this means...
    • New Audio / Weapons sounds: Best ever. Not having a completely silent movement mode forces tactical decisions.
    • Overload: Good. Needs some cleanup, but I absolutely love the size and complexity.
    • New Gametypes: I'd love to see every gametype on every map... but, this is pretty good so far...
    • Only FOG: Terrible. I rarely carried FOGs. They don't generate enough noise over time to cover footsteps. The smoke also doesn't build and dissipate, reducing tactical possibilities. Don't get me wrong. FOGs fill an important role, and I was ecstatic from the tactical possibilities when they came to AA3. But, plain smokes also have their uses, which I tend to personally use more often. Ideally, every fireteam should carry both.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    ss_4_PFC-M.Simpkins%5B3rdID%5D.png
  • MoonteeMoontee Posts: 1Player
    HUD feel too simple to me,wish have more thing to add
    (little man image,like all the AA games)
    and health bar feel not noticeable...

wish can have different ironsight can give a choice(like M4A1 old Proving Grounds ironsight
    like the Acog 4X can have different choice

M4A1 recoil shaking when zooming made ironsight hard to use...

i know it too late to said but...
    Eotech holo sight model seem kinda wrong to me
    (left side,laser warning with some word only ,two big holo sight screw should be in the right side)

sorry for bad english

and thanks for the M4A1 muzzle brake model change(can see through now not all in black

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Just to comment on a few points brought up in this thread.. the revive timer being too short? For real? In 30 seconds you can run around some maps twice! If 30 sec isn't long enough for you, you need to rethink your strategy. I request 20 sec

Sound is good? ..I do see these comments around the forum..just leaves me scatching my head and wondering if these guys know what sound should sound like... see EKcomm's video.

There was a request to shorten time between spots ..please tell me you ignore such requests.

The dot on radar when and enemy is engaged I can live with..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw