2 Problems

c5.Wafflesc5.Waffles Posts: 39Player
These questions are for the normal beta server, not the opt-in server.

I have set the MOTD and Admin Messages, but i never see them on the server (besides the Scoreboard). I join some servers and every 5 min something it scrolling through from the Admin's or the server. How do i make that happen? Or i have seen it before where someone joins and it says where they joined from (Country wise). How do i make these changes? Am i missing some mods or third-party things here?

My second problem/question, is there a way to manage the server from the computer that it is running on? i have the full command line interface doing its thing, but is there a way to manage it without having to physically log into the game? some kind of easy way to tell who is logged in or to be able to kick people or anything at all like that. Just a general interface to deal with the server WHILE it is running and WITHOUT having to log into the game?

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Those messages are generally done via 3rd-party sites and pb_sv_task messages. You'll get a more complete answer asking at one of the 3rd-party anticheat sites like ggc-stream.net or pbbans.com; I don't think ACI does the welcome messages right now or I'd say you could try them too.

You'll edit the server pbsvuser.cfg file:

;pb_sv_task X Y "MESSAGE HERE"
    ;X= Number of seconds after server start to say message
    ;Y= Number of seconds before repeating this message
    pb_sv_task 30 300 say Welcome to my server!
  • c5.Wafflesc5.Waffles Posts: 39Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    Those messages are generally done via 3rd-party sites and pb_sv_task messages. You'll get a more complete answer asking at one of the 3rd-party anticheat sites like ggc-stream.net or pbbans.com; I don't think ACI does the welcome messages right now or I'd say you could try them too.

You'll edit the server pbsvuser.cfg file:

;pb_sv_task X Y "MESSAGE HERE"
    ;X= Number of seconds after server start to say message
    ;Y= Number of seconds before repeating this message
    pb_sv_task 30 300 say Welcome to my server!

Awesome, i wasnt completly sure if it was the third party or not. Thanks for the info about it ill try it out. Any idea for the server management part?

So i just noticed, in my oblivious posting, that there is the server instance management that allows me to do everything i need/want.

The only thing i am still looking for, as i was helped by someone else posting in this, is how to make the MOTD and everything appear every so often so the rules are transmitted.
  • -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 81Moderator
    in the above pb_sv_task example 30 seconds after you join it will say "welcome to my server" then repeat the message every 300 seconds. just keep adding lines for example:
    pb_sv_task 30 300 say Welcome to my server
    pb_sv_task 33 300 say Respect new players, Help them when you can
    pb_sv_task 36 300 say No vote kick when Admin is present
    pb_sv_task 39 300 say No abusive language, No spamming
    pb_sv_task 42 300 say Just keep adding lines as you see fit
    test-tag.jpg
    i am attempting to do this, i am having a problem and im sure its something that i simply missed... where can i find the pbsv config file? its driving me nuts
  • -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 81Moderator
    \Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\pb/pbsv.cfg you have to create it and put it there.
    test-tag.jpg
    edited May 2015
    \Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\pb/pbsv.cfg you have to create it and put it there.

[mod edit - TOS violation] thank you, i have been trying to figure that out for a good minute lol