Red Dot when you shoot in radar.

.dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
When you shoot the enemy sees the red dot in the radar. Don't like it but if its to stay would like option to disable it server side.
Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Comments

• ENFORCER1983ENFORCER1983 Posts: 10Player
    ughh ... really? Never noticed that. That's silly COD stuff. Shouldn't have ever been implemented.
    pIhJdub.png
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    This has always been in the game.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Option to disable would be nice. It's like an automatic spot feature, and you already know how we feel about enemy spotting...
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited April 2015
    i pointed this out almost 2 years ago, and several times since. i requested the same thing - option to remove it. but would love the pub hud features to be more like aa2 and less like cod.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited April 2015
    This has always been in the game.
    I am aware It has always be in. But It's been brought up in the past and I would like atleast the option to remove it server side if its here to stay. It's just like Spotting even when you disabled enemy spotting on the Server. If you spot the enemy it still shows up on the radar. That should be able to be turned off as well or should come off when enemy spotting is turned off.

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    edited April 2015
    It's been mentioned before yes, but alot of people didn't notice they were there untill told.

They are more noticeable now though i believe and i think the game could do without the red dots.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    It's more noticeable now because the radar has been improved and it's zoomed out a bit.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    I like to see where enemy are when they shoot. Don't remove it by default.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015
    <p>As always I vote for a server variable. I personally would prefer it to stay off, but for usual public servers it might be better to turn it on, because there is already too less battlecom.</p>
    <p>Futhermore I think we need more server variables in general too give admins the possiblity to make the game more slow-paced. But that is a discussion that is not only related to the opt-in changes.</p>
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
    A server variable is a possibility certainly for the firing blip on the minimap. Any other items that should or shouldn't be present on it?
  • cK^CHRON1ZcK^CHRON1Z Posts: 4Player
    Would you consider to add a server variable for cooked grenades?

It not be a problem on public servers on big maps, but competitive 5v5 matches on ESL map pool (mostly small BDX) maps it really is a huge game breaker.

I'd say take COD4 as an example, the competitive community used a mod to turn off cooked grenades.

It is a "one size fits all", teams will very much abuse this because of how unavoidable it is and it's taking away from the better mechanics of your game, the shooting and movement.

Is it the cooking of grenades or the damage/radius of grenades? Or perhaps both...?
  • cK^CHRON1ZcK^CHRON1Z Posts: 4Player
    edited April 2015
    I would say the damage/radius a bit too much, especially if you want to keep cooking in the game. It pretty much always kills and it takes little effort to do so.

But it wouldn't be that bad if players would not have the power to make it explode right where they want it to explode.

Without cooking, you could throw still use it to force someone an enemy away from a position. Or throw it from a distance.

In my opinion the grenade should be a tactical option, not one of the main aspects of the game.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    The damage radius is already too less and cooking nades should stay as it is, or like in AA2 with a rolling option. Futhermore the autothrowing possiblity should be removed.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • Maybe this feature could be changed so that instead of a red dot showing on the radar a sound wave would show. That way the player would know someone had just fired from that general area but wouldn't know if it was OPFOR or BLUFOR.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Is it the cooking of grenades or the damage/radius of grenades? Or perhaps both...?

It's the damage radius and If you look in the sound thread. Easy made a great post and I agree with him and think that by making the these changes to sound would fix alot of trouble people have with grenades
    - You hear the player pull the grenade out
    - You hear the pin pulled
    - You hear it being cooked
    - You hear the enemy yell if they weren't moving in tactical mode.

You add these to the sound and figure out a good distance to be able to hear them prolly the same distance as footsteps, and then it will fix alot of peoples problems with grenades. Because this will allow them to have time to run away. As it is right now the grenade just lands at your feet you rarely ever hear it. If somebody pulls a pin on a grenade you should be able to hear it from a decent distance. Like you hear a reload, or weapon change, or revive etc...

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player

It's the damage radius and If you look in the sound thread. Easy made a great post and I agree with him and think that by making the these changes to sound would fix alot of trouble people have with grenades
    - You hear the player pull the grenade out
    - You hear the pin pulled
    - You hear it being cooked
    - You hear the enemy yell if they weren't moving in tactical mode.

You add these to the sound and figure out a good distance to be able to hear them prolly the same distance as footsteps, and then it will fix alot of peoples problems with grenades. Because this will allow them to have time to run away. As it is right now the grenade just lands at your feet you rarely ever hear it. If somebody pulls a pin on a grenade you should be able to hear it from a decent distance. Like you hear a reload, or weapon change, or revive etc...

We understand it might not be "realistic," but this is a case where I think game balance has to win out.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,135Player
    edited April 2015
    What colts posted is aa2 style and should have been implemented a long time ago. With grenades as powerful as they are, not having any tells that one is coming makes them even more powerful than they need to be.

IMO,
    1. Try to implement the above. If grenades are still too OP then
    2. Decrease kill radius. If still too OP,
    3. Decrease damage radius.

I would do all three of these before considering removing cooking.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    edited April 2015
    That's true, i don't understand why they didn't attempt to try and implement those things a long time ago.

Nade sounds was an interesting aspect. Closing a door on someone who just pulled the pin on a nade was always hilarious. :D
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,135Player
    edited April 2015
    Well same as why they still have no maps with doors. There's no good reason, but it hasn't been done.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!