Forum Design Suggestions

Comments

• PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    What BCPull and BadaBIng did - that looks a lot better - I can barely see the borders around each post. - makes for a long list divived by signatures and avatars.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    This forum looks better on my phone than on the PC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -=SoCal65=--=SoCal65=- Posts: 28Player
    One vote goes to TheBaDaBing! as the forum layout designer.
  • -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 83Moderator
    welcome back socal
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer

it will look entirely different after the devs hit it with polish ... be patient.

I'd think you'd want to have done that before it went live, no?
    Ideally, yes, but we don't live in an ideal world... We will get the layout looking better soon. Maybe a good distraction would be a preview of the full release of the game this weekend?
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 271Player
    I'm sorry but these forums are terrible. Warn me, ban me but it actually pains me to say that phpbb was better than this. I take it whoever thought of using "Vanilla" have never actually set up a forum for a community before? Vanilla? Your a game studio not an muffler enthusiast community.

Why wouldn't you use a large scale solution like xenforo, vbulletin or ipb? All the Major forum softwares have a mobile version or the ability to use "Tapatalk" plugin for mobile users with the app if that was actually a concern here.

Don't want to use a Paid solution? Fine use Mybb or you could of stuck with phpbb and just did a clean install of phpbb again and populated the database with your soldiername database and been done.

Nothing is defined, Built in text editor is a joke, Formatting issues, Single page with potentially hundreds of posts to scroll through, Poor layout, Text runs into text, no clean imagery, no bbcode (SERIOUSLY?)...it just looks cheap and empty.
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    edited April 2015

it will look entirely different after the devs hit it with polish ... be patient.

I'd think you'd want to have done that before it went live, no?

Ideally, yes, but we don't live in an ideal world... We will get the layout looking better soon. Maybe a good distraction would be a preview of the full release of the game this weekend?
    preview full release of the game this weekend
  • HilabusterHilabuster Posts: 41Player
    Thanks for the feedback V@POR. The text editor was broken, sorry about that. should be a little better now. 

Vanilla is a very extensible platform that we have chosen because we believe that over time we can create something nice with it. As is almost always the case we like to get our community involved with what we build very early. I am saddened that the process of having your voice heard and us trying to build something with our community's input upsets you... Also you have probably used vanilla forums more that you think because with a bit of dev magic and some creative work you can really hide it well. Some great communities have been built using vanilla such as maybe my favorite place on the internet penny-arcade.com. It is a platform that is actually used by many gaming communities because it can be so easily themed and modified. With a little patience I am sure we can get this place whipped into something you can show your friends and smile about. 
  • HilabusterHilabuster Posts: 41Player

Another go...

cough cough pick me

Thanks for you input dude, I will take your nice comp to our designer. This theme is very incomplete and we plan to enhance it over time. I will see if he likes your ideas. 
    thanks for the updated info hilabuster. i am looking forward to see this build up around us.
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Also if you click the 'mark all topics as read' button it literally marks all topics as read. It should only mark topics as read in that specific subheading, not the whole site.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,149Player
    edited April 2015
    Hey, line breaks seem to be working now.

Yay!
    edited April 2015
    webteam is working on lots of things be patient and keep the suggestions coming in.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    I would like to see who and how many is online forum.
This discussion has been closed.