Forum Design Suggestions

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited May 2015
    Dislike is back.

Edit: Testing out "troll".

That way you can use like / dislike in a constructive way, and mark a troll post as such.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited May 2015
    LoL troll

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    The removal stops the spiral of disliking each other. We should discuss together in this unique community about what is good for the game regardless of age, opinion or skill. For a community, there are more drawbacks than benefits from dislikes and liking a post is sufficient enough to support an opinion/post without posting something by your own.
    -
    Let us not be against something, but in favor of something.
    -
    Futhermore: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-organization
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    edited May 2015
    The removal stops the spiral of disliking each other. We should discuss together in this unique community about what is good for the game regardless of age, opinion or skill. For a community, there are more drawbacks than benefits from dislikes and liking a post is sufficient enough to support an opinion/post without posting something by your own.

The same can easily be true for disliking a post.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    edited May 2015
    Just gave my Dislike number 3 ;) For me it just means disagree. Nothing negative.
    Maybe we should call it, Agree, Disagree.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited May 2015

The same can easily be true for disliking a post.

True, but I think its better for a community if the people in it are being in favor for something, instead of being against something. That is what I am trying to say with this interpretated Ghandi quote. Beside the fact that we had enough posts already where it seems that it is even against a specific poster.
    -
    Futhermore it is clear that this shouldn't stop on dislikes and likes. These only serve as an accelerator. Thus, it is still a question how we generally discuss or treat with each other. And I think a like button and a preferably objective post to underpin one's own opinion is usually enough. Usually it should be possible to disagree in a civil way. Certainly these discussions are too important to get closer to the best possible solution and success of this game, to let them perish by dislike, skill or opinion shitstorms. Finally this isn't particularly productive.

So I can offer a one click opinion on your post, but only if I agree with you?
    So I can offer a one click opinion on your post, but only if I agree with you?
    While it is still possible to kindly and sober disagree with a post or a specific part of a post, in a separated own post with an added explanation.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    there are plenty of times where a detailed response is not going to resonate at all.
    -
    in that case, a simple dislike, disagree, or downvote can suffice. it is more productive (less exhaustive) than talking to a wall, feeding a troll, repeating common knowledge, trying to insert common sense, knowing your reasonable or factual reply will fall on deaf ears, dealing with someone who is being unreasonable, you know the person has a strong opinion that will not change, etc.
    -
    "you can bring a horse to water, but you can't make them drink" sorta thing. cut your losses. save your energy. a lost cause. just vote it down and move on. don't feed the troll. don't waste your energy with a reply. don't give that person a platform to derail and overshadow the consensus. don't turn a single response into a potential for it to become a back and forth several pages long that ends up being both sides repeating themselves. just simply agree to disagree and move on.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    There's a big difference between "brigading" and a group of people simultaneously agreeing that a low-quality post is low-quality. Brigading implies some degree of organization that I doubt has really been happening.

It was much easier to dislike "troll" posts than to feed into them with a detailed reply. There are forum users that intentionally stay just on the right side of the TOS fence while clearly trying to aggravate and insult... but it was the "dislikes" that were the issue?

I trolled you just to see what it looks like. :p
    googley avatar aapg

TheTots wrote: »
    Dislike is back.

Edit: Testing out "troll".

That way you can use like / dislike in a constructive way, and mark a troll post as such.

You've been "trolled" too! :p
    googley avatar aapg

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    The problem with ALL forums is the apparent human need to WIN instead of share ideas and understand others. In the early days of the first forum here, circa 2002, this was a true community. People TAUGHT each other stuff and had fun. Now, it is requested both overtly and more subtly that controversial ideas and people should stand back and leave room for the experts. People are nasty to each other, like it's a sport.

I firmly believe there are people sitting back and not posting because this does not feel like a welcoming place. I've had people on forums PM me and thank me for saying something they were not comfortable saying.

:(

I think we can do better.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 271Player
    I have given up on these forums due to all the new players with zero gameplay of aa2 / aa3 and base this game solely on aapg.

They have no idea what's going on.
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    Let's get it back on track please. This is for forum design suggestions.

edited May 2015
    TheTots wrote: »
    Let's get it back on track please. This is for forum design suggestions.

I disliked your post only to show that it's not needed. Nor the Troll. The like option should be used as sort of a thank you like on other forums. Dislike and Troll are funny but I don't think it's proper, especially when posts get heated all by themselves.

I would like to see better Smiley's maybe with soldier's helmets and some guns. sniper-smiley-face.gif?1302011425
    googley avatar aapg

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I think there should only be "Like". People don't know how to use the "Dislike" properly. The bush thread is a perfect example of that.

That might be a biased view considering recent forum history. Just saying. :)
    I think there should only be "Like". People don't know how to use the "Dislike" properly. The bush thread is a perfect example of that.

I agree completely

If you're making good posts, you're going to net more likes than dislikes.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    edited May 2015
    No need to discriminate 'Dislikes' more than 'Likes'.
    If we have one we need to have another.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
This discussion has been closed.