Opt In feedback and all the current updates here at aao

vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
The good -
Sound is great, but needs some tweaking. (ambient at times are too loud, footsteps sound like slippers)
Guns are added slow but surely...keep adding!
M1911 is good n strong
New textures on maps look very sharp now as do player models
Ui seems ok but still looks "empty"...not sure why?

The bad -
These vanilla forums are terrible, Go IPB, Xenforo or VBulletin !
Attach Poll does nothing but "edit" a post
Ts3 sound bug ingame (some lose it some dont)
Objective holder bottom left?
Dead friendlies are almost invisible on map to go revive them...sometimes I lose the "line revive thing" in map.
Enemy spots only last for a split second
Outdoor maps....blah
No VIP game mode
No Hospital testing
No Doc
AA2 veteran player / fanboy

Comments

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    {FOD}V@POR wrote: »
    The good -
    The bad -
    These vanilla forums are terrible, Go IPB, Xenforo or VBulletin !
    Attach Poll does nothing but "edit" a post
    Ts3 sound bug ingame (some lose it some dont)
    Objective holder bottom left?
    Dead friendlies are almost invisible on map to go revive them...sometimes I lose the "line revive thing" in map.
    Enemy spots only last for a split second
    Outdoor maps....blah
    No VIP game mode
    No Hospital testing
    No Doc

We found the Ts3/VOIP bug and addressed it today. Having so many players in the game helped us track it down.

What do you not like about the "objective holder"?

Thanks for the feedback. Always looking for more.
  • ={101st}=THROBACK1={101st}=THROBACK1 Posts: 27Player
    Great Beta Dev's but you guys need to bring the DOT Crossharis back ive been using it sence v 1.4 of AA and plz bring back the surround sound settings (because some of us have really good audio cards in really good sound headphones) from AA2 and AA3 they were and still are the best i've ever seen in a game. and again GREAT JOB DEVS and i'm VERY glad that when you get shot you die easier. also can you plz bring back the 203 and the suppressor thank a bunch :-)
    The dot crosshair is an option from the Crosshair settings menu.
  • ChapterMasterChapterMaster Posts: 19Player
    Very Cool update. Not sure if I am repeating if someone has already mentioned, but the color scheme on the mini map needs changed. There should be two different sets of colors for friendly's and the direction's for North, East, South, ect. As well as the team text shouldn't be the same yellow color as the server text. Just to make it easier to pin point friendly's as well as in game text when they call out locations.
    ss_chaptermaster_4.png
    when i was play at 3 or so east coast it wasn't

when i was play at 3 or so east coast it wasn't

the thing is i changed my crosshairs in game not when i loaded the game and when i change all that wall there was the cross and a few other crosses but the Dot was not
    {FOD}V@POR wrote: »
    The good -
    No VIP game mode

i too and my clan think as well there should be a VIP mod
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    A centered view of the objective holder just makes sense I guess. Having to look at bottom of screen just doesn't feel right.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    VIP mode is the solution to regular hospitals terribleness.

Its beyond my understanding why HVT game mode has been pushed off. It would make full hospital playable
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 375Beta Tester
    Great work so far Dev's!! I sure love the direction the game is taking the textures even on mid for slower machines is so much nicer.. More clear.. I wish the load time was not so long, I know, I know I better upgrade my computer but even still it takes longer then most games I load on this thing.. But it's not the end of the world...

I put this in another thread, but I been strangled so much my Adams apple is now an Eve prune!! lol.. I can not hear any footsteps behind me, with headphones, or speakers.. The sounds in most weapons are better maybe a little tweaking there, but the footsteps need to be increased.. at least from behind, the old beta the footsteps are to pronounced here they are not enough lol but it's an awesome work in progress and I tip my hat to those taking the time to create this great game!!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,137Player
    Having not played this (or any FPS game) much for the past 6ish months... I've returned to find that I'm really terrible at this :smiley:

the thing is i changed my crosshairs in game not when i loaded the game and when i change all that wall there was the cross and a few other crosses but the Dot was not

Scroll through the various options. I just looked. It is there and works.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 448Player
    From the client side perspective it looks like a lot of work has gone into optimization of the game. I appreciate that. It feels pretty good.

From the networking side, it looks like little has changed if anything. I'm going to beat a dead horse here; I cannot enjoy a game that isn't consistent. I really don't think there is any difference from the netcode in AA3 to here in AAPG. Rubber bullets, bad netcode, whatever you call it, it exists and ruins the gameplay experience. I can't understand for the life of me why, at times, I can't shoot the guy right in front of me, or someone doesn't drop from a dead sighted lethal shot. I get it, I miss at times, something else happened at others, but I play FPS games and I'm decent at almost all of them. Is it really that far fetched to say that this game performs badly in this respect? The Devs don't see a problem or can't be pointed to something with clear evidence. The only thing known is that people are frustrated with it and people that will eventually see this game, will abandon it for that alone.

The interface of the game has pretty much taken a complete overhaul. While there are some good things, too much comes off negatively to me. I don't like the color schemes of the maps or the hud. Sounds are quite a bit off. I feel like my character is trying to run much faster than the first person view shows. Are my feet moving faster than when they actually hit the ground? Much more that I'm going to save you the bore of....

It all comes back to the fact that I perceive myself as favoring more heavily on the realism I guess. There quite simply isn't enough of that in terms of shooting a gun and killing a foe. And for that my, my strong support of the AA series has dissipated. I'll continue play now and again, I'll even try and give it a stretch run at times, but I can't see this game becoming a game I can't get enough of as in previous titles. Good luck guys.
  • ENFORCER1983ENFORCER1983 Posts: 10Player
    Initial impression of the new sounds were great. After a few rounds, I noticed gunshots weren't resonating as a normal weapon discharging should. They didn't seem to have the typical resonating sound. For those who've played Arma3 you know the sound ...rifle echoing through the woods and sounds of gunfire bouncing off nearby structures, back to their origin. This gives the game audible depth and creates more realism in a simulated environment. If the dev's are going with the muffled "wearing ear protection" sound, I suppose it's justifiable.
    I also heard many enemies which were awaiting a revive. Upon speaking, it was amplified and echoed for a very long time. It gave the feeling of being in an enclosed area when in all actuality, I was in a large room. The sound gave the false sense of lacking depth, in an audible sense. ...maybe tone down the echoing from vocals?

The menu interface isn't terrible but the previous colors on a dark background were easier on the eyes. It almost feels like the menu swap-up was/is unnecessary.

Settings menu panel closes while adjusting settings. Start/end of new round, being killed etc. It always closes the menu without warning.

The in-game compass and map ... whats with making everything the same color? It's super hard to tell where my teammates are at and the dash marks for the compass indicator. Again, if it's not broken, why fix it? Feels like a step back from the earlier release.

With all the new and improved weapons, I still see no attempt to obscure or darken the peripherals of a scope. What's the point of a 2x scope on a rifle, seated 6" from your face if your peripherals are still clear as day? Not to give a resume but only speaking from experience. 4 years active USMC and 6 years SWAT Operations. Even with both eyes opened, the peripherals still don't allow for such clarity while viewing through a scope. This is unrealistic.

I also feel that AA:PG is leaning more towards the (and I hate saying it..........) COD crowd. What happened to the slow and deliberate tactical gamplay AA2 was once crowned for? Seems like it's more focused on appeasing the 14 year old with ADHD who can 360-no scope. Seems like anyone can knee-slide into an occupied room and snipe two who're armed with assault rifles, without an issue. This is not what I remember AA game play being based on.

Minor gripe was the choppiness ... more than likely on my end. i7 quad with gtx650tiOC should be able to handle it but maybe I'll turn some things down and see how she rolls.

Overall, can't say i'm too impressed over the most recent release but it's not worth jumping ship yet. With some more fine tuning, I'm sure everything will be sorted out. Thanks for keeping us updated and allowing our voice to be heard. Keep up the hard work.
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    The average player in 2015 is significantly better than the average player in 2006. They've played more FPS games, at an early age, and a lot of the experience comes naturally to them. AA2 was only slow and deliberate to some, i played with and against players who could easily rush 3 or 4 averages players back then, so I don't think it's the game that has changed nearly as much as the average player. Just my observation.
  • -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player
    .sauce wrote: »
    The average player in 2015 is significantly better than the average player in 2006. They've played more FPS games, at an early age, and a lot of the experience comes naturally to them. AA2 was only slow and deliberate to some, i played with and against players who could easily rush 3 or 4 averages players back then, so I don't think it's the game that has changed nearly as much as the average player. Just my observation.

This. Although I do feel this game (given that it has been designed in this day and age with other faster paced titles in the market) is intended for much faster game play than I ever remember AA2 being (even in years and years at the highest level of gameplay). I agree its safe to say that the average player's skill has increased over the past decade or so. This next generation will have been exposed to many more games and thus have had many more opportunities to develop said skills. When you have these younger individuals start playing who have been raised on titles such as CS, COD, and other fast-paced fps shooters placed against 40 year old men looking for a military simulation game, of course there are going to be issues. I feel like the game maybe going through a bit of an identity crisis.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 448Player
    That is correct. It no longer has a unique identity. It's a small title fighting for a bite of a large "typical" FPS market. There is very little in the AAPG series that sets it apart from the competition.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    ^ this.....its all about the kids and consoles now. We played aa2 before 90% of these kids were born.
  • ^]-[ammer_T!me!^]-[ammer_T!me! Posts: 91Player
    I cannot run the game (opt-in Beta). As soon as I click launch it starts loading and then it says AAgame.exe has crashed. Tried verifying game cache- same thing. Anyone having the same issue? Old AAPG worked fine.

PS I have Win 8.1