Question on Proving grouds.

Silent^ReaperSilent^Reaper Posts: 6Player
Yes i know this is in R&R.
So how is it compared to AA3? That is the last version that I have really played due to PC problems and just life.
I am currently scouting out parts and building a new rig and I want to get back into AA.

So any old AA guys let me know how it is, pros cons of previous versions etc. I would really want to hear how it is from you guys. Of course I will have to play it to get my opinion for it but let me hear yours.

By the way lets try to keep this discussion nice, I don't want to hear peoples rants about it.

Thanks, Reaper!

Comments

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Love it, skipped AA3 myself due to the fact that I found myself falling asleep while playing lol. More of an AA2 feel to AAPG. Definitely a must-play

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    Pro. it works.
    Con, short on content and "personality".
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    edited April 2015
    All I can say is between the editor and game itself.. its sucked over 1800 hours of my free time, I have no idea how many hours I spend on the forum, so.. you could probably triple that :lol:

That's gotta be worth something, but I'm well aware of the quote.. "different strokes for different folks". What constitutes good for one is not necessarily good for another, I say give it a whirl and let us know what you think :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    I would say that if AA3 took the approach and quality of AA:PG, the series would be much more popular now. I recommend giving it a try, but mind you, not everything is perfect/finished, and also many maps lack feeling they had in AA2 or AA3, one that is hard to describe for me, but they lack this effect that made you play single map for 1000+ hours.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I guess that I'm one of the few posters here that actually loved AA3. Bridge and Pipeline were awesome maps. I also miss the co-op maps of the past where the team actually played as a team against the AI opponents.
    googley avatar aapg

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    Pipeline was fun in any and all versions, Bridge....not so much. TBH I've never really carried for that map.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    I guess that I'm one of the few posters here that actually loved AA3. Bridge and Pipeline were awesome maps. I also miss the co-op maps of the past where the team actually played as a team against the AI opponents.

Your not alone :sunglasses:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    I played ES2 Border forever until they killed the insane scoring lol. Got more points in 50 hrs of ES2 Border than 150 hrs of pipeline