MAP Feedback: Overload

2»

Comments

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    edited April 2015
    BCPull wrote: »
    My server was set up for a forced team cap of 6 on either side regardless of BDX/FLO. Server setting, not a map thing there -- I wanted to keep it rotating through all the maps without forcing players out and to keep the settings closer to the league experience.

That said, I agree that it didn't play well with 6 to a side, too many ways to get flanked. That's purely commentary on the recommended minimum number of players.

Overload only comes in FLO variety. As BCPull said, that was a server side setting. I was actually surprised you guys stayed with the map when it came up in rotation and we only had 10 players on the server.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    `xinoN wrote: »
    Hey, and where's Drecks? He's probably throwing a party right now.. I mean.. his map is official... I'm sure He's happy. I'd like to hear from him what does he think of the dev changes and how players are playing the map etc!

He's bit burned out a bit with mapping and the problems with UMM's . He's spending time with his kids outside and having fun enjoying the Dutch weather. :p
  • derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    The fly-by on start is pretty cool
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    The fly-by on start is pretty cool

Maybe if it were a lot quieter. It really shouldn't be loud enough to potentially impact gameplay. Right now it's so loud that if you're having a conversation on TS, you have to stop talking and wait for it to be gone.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    TBH, When Drecks started making this map, I don't think he even knew about 6v6 and comp. He can probably answer it better. I remember him and I having the conversation , not sure if it was for Drasza or this one. Keep in mind too...Drecks and I came here from a game that has massives maps, 64 player battles. So when you guys say large, we're like huh...lol. We look at the largest map in AAPG as being medium to small. And I'm not disagreeing with it being big for this game, just what are brain is been trained for few years. :)

Regardless of it's being posted at the moment, we won't know how the map plays till people get comfortable with it and learn its weakest and strongest point. Only then you'll see if the is balanced or not. It's too early to tell at the moment.
    i'm sure it could be changed to have a 6v6 version. you would simply need to delete a bunch of buildings and make it easier to defend your flank.
    -
    for example, imagine aa2's insurgent camp. it's a pretty "big map" but it is not filled with buildings on every square inch of the play space. i can imagine insurgent camp having extra buildings north and south and it would make it more like this map, but it would have the same problem.... it would be a nightmare for assault team to fend off defenders rushing around and flanking them.
    -
    so maybe someone could go into the editor with this map and trim out some buildings and obstacles and make it a little easier to watch your back and force the defenders to actually defend the bomb sites.

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    edited April 2015
    I played this map a couple of times and it's pretty fun actually. I like the ambient noises, like, i think, the train carts moving around.

There's alot of flanking options though. It's basically, break through your lane, hang around a bit and move around to flank. Works every time, on both sides.
    --
    Insurgent camp was pretty big indeed. The approach was mostly open and there were clear paths that converged on the same building with a couple of entrances, so that made it easier to defend.

Also the objectives were in rooms that only had 2 entrances instead of an open plant site with many lines of sight like in overload. If the objectives on overload were in a relatively small building, that would make it easier for defense to decide to fall back on the objectives.

But that would probably make it even less interesting for comp.
  • DrecksDrecks Posts: 5Player
    edited April 2015
    `xinoN wrote: »
    Hey, and where's Drecks? He's probably throwing a party right now.. I mean.. his map is official... I'm sure He's happy. I'd like to hear from him what does he think of the dev changes and how players are playing the map etc!

Hey here I'm. I like how the map has turned out. Love the new assets and how they spiced up the looks of the main hall. The did a great job closing certain areas and opened up another flank. It's always nice to see a former UMM get played as official map.

As I remember correct the contest was a 12 vs 12 map. So thats why I made a 12 vs 12 map. Its no secret I'm an older gentlemen public player. So I prefer an older gentlemen kind of map. The logical outcome I created older gentlemen public maps. But as I'm not the worst person I decided to create something for the
    Young fast and deadly crew. They sounded enthousiast but my guess they got lost during spring break. As it went completely silent. So I went back to older gentlemen public maps.

The good thing with UMM's is players can contribute by posting feedback from playtests. Most people creating UMM's would love to get this feedback and make reasonable changes to their maps to come to a better product.

So thats all a good weekend to all and have some fun on Overload or pick some of the UMM servers to try them out.

• -=NoBS=-Rosalie-=NoBS=-Rosalie Posts: 7Beta Tester
    I love the map. The only thing is that I've got a graphical glitch on the floor.

2015-04-23_00002.jpg

Am I the only one having this and any idea why?

First time I see something like this so I think it is just you. Change your video settings, increase the video resolution and turn on texture. What you are looking at is snow.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Played it 12v12 for the first time.. I enjoyed it! .. prefer this over Redline and Hospital

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • {4F}DungBird{4F}DungBird Posts: 11Player
    This map is a LOT of fun. You could rope off the area around Yankee and turn that into a fun 6v6. The jet is way loud. Granted, it's a jet and jets are loud.
    Rook%20Layered%20Sig%20III.jpg
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    edited April 2015
    I have the same as cryanizer
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015
    I couldn't noticed any clearly visible credit given to Drecks on that map. I really like his work for the community also on my favorit drasza or the new one Rural.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • PFC-M.Simpkins[3rdID]PFC-M.Simpkins[3rdID] Posts: 8Player
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, it should probably be 12v12 only. That said, I like it. It needs a little love for balance, though. I agree about the many ways to flank... catching an M24 in the head isn't uncommon on this map.

The jet sounds realistically loud. It provides covering noise for swift movements. I think there should be jets periodically flying overhead at different volume levels to make things tactically interesting.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    ss_4_PFC-M.Simpkins%5B3rdID%5D.png
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited April 2015
    @general.Jung - you see no visible credit given to decks? His umm is official! How much more do you want? maybe an ingame sign reading Drecks with fireworks around it?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [FILO]_cpt.thc[FILO]_cpt.thc Posts: 31Player
    Love your maps Drecks ! keep making the old gentlemen type as u say.I prefer the larger AA2 type maps over the smaller maps with short round times.
    ss_1_23415.png

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    Drecks is getting the credit he deserves. And rightly so, he's dona an amazing job.
  • DrecksDrecks Posts: 5Player
    edited April 2015
    The best credit for people who make UMM's is players who play,enjoy and contribute by posting valuable feedback and suggestions to improve these maps. It's simple but true.

So encourage your local UMM Creator by playing and contribute. So try these maps.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    @general.Jung - you see no visible credit given to decks? His umm is official! How much more do you want? maybe an ingame sign reading Drecks with fireworks around it?
    <p>There is no need for sarcasm there, but I will try to answer it soberly: There could be a classical "made by community-member" in a possible mapdescription for example, or a credit in the general credit page where developers are listed. There are so many ways I can imagine, beside fireworks and in world credits.</p>
    <p>Maybe credit is not the perfect terminology, but from my perspective as a non-native speaker it should be sufficient enough to transport what I mean. It should just be visible for new players who dont know where it cames from.</p>
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Didn't read all of the thread, but I did enjoy this map a lot actually. Great job man

• KiplingKipling Posts: 10Player
    Needed more time on it. Offline exploration would have helped. Nothing like jumping on a server and playing a map for the first time.