MAP Feedback: Overload

This is Dreck's winning map from the map competition. We have been giving it some love the last few months and this is everyone's first time to see it. How are you liking the map?

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    First playthrough and it feels really random. Many places are exposed to too many angles at the same time. There are a lot of places where seeing an enemy is extremely difficult, even knowing that he's there.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 355Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    First playthrough and it feels really random. Many places are exposed to too many angles at the same time. There are a lot of places where seeing an enemy is extremely difficult, even knowing that he's there.

Here's how I see it: It "is random"/exposed everywhere except for the bomb sites. Alright, Bombsite B (inside the station) could have less places to look at. A is the easiest one I believe. The map could work if teams figure it out how to get to the bombsites as soon as possible and without taking damage.
    Oh well.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,130Beta Tester
    I agree with both of you. Although Being exposed sometime is not a bad thing. It just heightens awareness. It makes for better team play, Better organizing.....etc
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    I agree with both of you. Although Being exposed sometime is not a bad thing. It just heightens awareness. It makes for better team play, Better organizing.....etc
    <p>Hi Guys,</p>
    <p>that is the reason because I really like to play maps with less cover until we get a hardcore mode or classic mode that enforce a more slow-paced gameplay.

Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    Nicely made map but I hate "outdoorsy" maps....not my cup of tea.
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • Dct.F|*_*|CryDct.F|*_*|Cry Posts: 1Player
    edited April 2015
    I love the map. The only thing is that I've got a graphical glitch on the floor.

2015-04-23_00002.jpg

Am I the only one having this and any idea why?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    too big for 6v6.. probably why it was made by Drecks with a mind set of 12v12 or larger.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    BCPull wrote: »

Agreed. Large maps can still work for comp. However in Overload, there's simply too many hiding spots as well as far too many open areas. With the fogs only lasting so long, moving from cover to cover is a tactical nightmare.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    First thing that comes to mind... the ambient jet sound is both deafeningly loud and completely unnecessary.
  • ya that jet is causing me a headache, and killing my ear drums, for a comp map this is a no go, 2 big, 2 many places. im starting to get a feel for the "spots" and enemy locations after an hour of play, i like it so far, but gotta learn all the places first XD

• intoXicatedintoXicated Posts: 12Player
    Map way 2 big. It reminds me CoD type map. I think equal for 50 players
  • derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    Nice map :smile:
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    I like it too, at first I felt a little overwhelmed and had that lost feeling, I think it was simply because everything was new and I was weary of the new sounds, but after a few rounds (spectating most of the time) I soon got the jist of the playspace ;)

It's a great addition! hope you guys do more map making competitions like this in the future.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Best AA map as of today.
    Not planting bomb is a people problem, not a map problem.. I played on a server that the bomb was planted almost every time.. and quick too.. that was the complaint! (6v6) .. the map is too big to cover both obj .. so planting was simple

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,130Beta Tester
    TBH, When Drecks started making this map, I don't think he even knew about 6v6 and comp. He can probably answer it better. I remember him and I having the conversation , not sure if it was for Drasza or this one. Keep in mind too...Drecks and I came here from a game that has massives maps, 64 player battles. So when you guys say large, we're like huh...lol. We look at the largest map in AAPG as being medium to small. And I'm not disagreeing with it being big for this game, just what are brain is been trained for few years. :)

Regardless of it's being posted at the moment, we won't know how the map plays till people get comfortable with it and learn its weakest and strongest point. Only then you'll see if the is balanced or not. It's too early to tell at the moment.
    Yes its what I said earlier, the map wasn't intended for 6v6.. not sure why its forced on us.. unless they can adjust it like with other maps and close off areas.

• `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 355Player
    Hey, and where's Drecks? He's probably throwing a party right now.. I mean.. his map is official... I'm sure He's happy. I'd like to hear from him what does he think of the dev changes and how players are playing the map etc!
    Oh well.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited April 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote:
    Yes its what I said earlier, the map wasn't intended for 6v6.. not sure why its forced on us.. unless they can adjust it like with other maps and close off areas.
    My server was set up for a forced team cap of 6 on either side regardless of BDX/FLO. Server setting, not a map thing there -- I wanted to keep it rotating through all the maps without forcing players out and to keep the settings closer to the league experience.

That said, I agree that it didn't play well with 6 to a side, too many ways to get flanked. That's purely commentary on the recommended minimum number of players.