MAP FEEDBACK: FLO Intercept

Nothing has really changed in terms of playspace. The map just supports 12v12 now. You like?

Comments

• RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    edited April 2015
    Yes :)
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    Looking forward to playing this map more often now it caters for the obviously more popular 12v12 format :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• omerta`easyomerta`easy Posts: 46Player
    It felt really crowded with 12 people. I had a hard time finding a place to play where I didn't have teammates constantly bumping into me/crossing in front of me.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,129Beta Tester
    I think it was great idea making this flo map. it's going to be hit with pub server. :D
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 355Player
    edited April 2015
    I don't think it would be wise to add more playspace tho. To be honest the real issue imo is the amount of grenades flying for the first 30 seconds of the round. Tunnel had no grenades and it was a cool map.
    Oh well.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    i haven't managed to get a full server of people on this map yet, but as was said, 24 grenades in cqb is unappealing. (i was never really a fan of tunnel in aa2. the flashes in that were nukes.) but i think 24 players with grenades needs to have some map designs to prevent easy access to fragging common/heavy traffic areas. downtown has same issue. inner hospital has same issue. best way to solve is to play with less people, but really would love some map design where this wasn't a huge issue. i think the best way to solve this would be to add doors to the game. not saying doors would help this map though. but might be worth testing.

• derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    Great map for 24 players!
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited April 2015
    AA used to design the guns, load-outs & missions to the map for maximum game play value & balance, would like to see that make a comeback.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    easy.mode wrote: »
    It felt really crowded with 12 people. I had a hard time finding a place to play where I didn't have teammates constantly bumping into me/crossing in front of me.

Havent played it in 12v12.. this would be exactly my initial thought.. it works well in 6v6 its almost like you can plan a 2 wave attack :wink:

on the other hand for a pub, it could be hectic and full of action.. might be fun.. have yet to try it out

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Intercept 12v12 is like crossfire 6v6... A nade fest...
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    Yep, but it's a fun nade fest :p

People moan about pub campers all the time right? the way I see it.. there's not many places to hide on a small map with 12v12 :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Liked, to small for 24, too fast, no tactics.
  • 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    Great map at 6v6, love all the angles. At 12v12 it turns into a spam nade clinic. Its unfortunate that in all likelihood only the 12v12 will be played in pub, will make it hard to find good 6v6 matches.
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    It's pretty crowded. High pace, high action. It makes me think about this thread.
    When you shoot the enemy sees the red dot in the radar. Don't like it but if its to stay would like option to disable it server side.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    I like it
  • -=312th=-BOXER-=312th=-BOXER Posts: 19Player
    Yes it's a very nice map B)
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Removing the mill peek is pretty lame. unfortunate too. Another change that gains nothing but makes the map worse.
  • It's a terrible 12v12 map. It just gets way too crowded, and no matter how you set up at chokepoints, etc., there are just way too many cracks for the enemy to go through / sightlanes into your cover (not that I don't like sightlanes... but it seemed that no cover was safe). Add to that the random grenade throwing and the teammates crowding, and the running, the badguys on top of you in seconds, and.... Well, I was rarely on the winning side when I played a couple of matches, but even when we won, it wasn't fun.

Oh, and if there are any points that stone walls can be shot through, they should be removed / fixed... I was engaging an enemy marksman (leaning around a corner), and had unleaned back behind the stone wall (sufficient to cover me vertically and horizontally). I remained there while he fired at my last seen position, but one of his shots went through the corner and killed me (I was already wounded). At least, I think it did. I can't be sure (maybe something stuck out that shouldnt've?)... but it certainly wasn't another enemy. It was definitely the guy I was engaging.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    AgentE382 wrote:
    Oh, and if there are any points that stone walls can be shot through, they should be removed / fixed... I was engaging an enemy marksman (leaning around a corner), and had unleaned back behind the stone wall (sufficient to cover me vertically and horizontally). I remained there while he fired at my last seen position, but one of his shots went through the corner and killed me (I was already wounded). At least, I think it did. I can't be sure (maybe something stuck out that shouldnt've?)... but it certainly wasn't another enemy. It was definitely the guy I was engaging.

You were probably still exposed. You were close to that corner, he was far away; geometry works against you.

In this picture, the player close to the wall can hardly see even a sliver of the enemy while the enemy can see nearly half of his body.

DxNIzMg.jpg