First opt-in test starts 23 April 2015

12346»

Comments

• -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 62Beta Tester
    New forums new attitudes please. Plenty of room for all of us to try and get along.

We are a family. Sometimes, a family will have disagreements. They can be very heated at times, but in the end, we are still family.
    What I see are people posting their thoughts and ideas. Nothing wrong with that, and it's great. I believe that the more ideas posted, the more there is to choose from and it stimulates the creativity.
    My suggestion to the comp players on creating a map is because I think it would be easier to show everyone what they are talking about instead of typing it in a forum.
    The map would not have to be "fancy" or dressed up visually. The points of which they mention should be included as to what makes a balanced and what they consider, a good map. Either for competition only, or for anyone. Then post it here in the Forum and invite everyone to come try it for themselves to see what they are talking about. I would like to see this and experience this myself. Imagine if everyone tried their map(s) and posted really positive feedback on them explaining why they are good and why aspects of the design should be implemented in future and maybe current maps.
    I would think with the AA community united on this, the voice of the community would be hard to ignore.
    I can't make a map. I have zero skills at it. But there are people that are gifted in this, that I am sure could possibly collaborate with comp players and produce a map for everyone to try.
    I am a visual person. I have to actually "see" what people are talking about sometimes, before I can understand it fully. With that in mind, I make this proposition (I have the wife's approval, she's really in charge) for the comp players.
    Create a map that you think represents your thoughts on making the game better (map wise), and I'll pay for a server for one month to host it for the AA community to see what "you" (plural) are talking about, and play on. Then there could be feedback in the forums of the player experience.
    The details can be worked out privately in PM's.
    It would have to be a map that reflects comp ideas of map creation/play only. This way, everyone can see for themselves why there is a passion from the competition group for the game.
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • BlobiTroNBlobiTroN Posts: 5Player
    Omg this looks and feels like a completely different game... What's wrong with the 'old' interface? o_O
  • -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 62Beta Tester
    BlobiTroN wrote: »
    Omg this looks and feels like a completely different game... What's wrong with the 'old' interface? o_O

Yeah... it does some getting used to.... I sat there and looked at it the first time trying to figure out what to click on next. But now, I don't think about it.
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    Yep, you gotta give yourselves a little time to adjust to the differences. 'New' is always a shock to the system at first, which is why I think it got a lot of initial jip.. after a few games it starts to all sink in and seem normal :)

The more I have played, the more I enjoy it. infact it's probably going to be wierd going back to the normal beta branch :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited April 2015
    We are a family. Sometimes, a family will have disagreements. They can be very heated at times, but in the end, we are still family.
    What I see are people posting their thoughts and ideas. Nothing wrong with that, and it's great. I believe that the more ideas posted, the more there is to choose from and it stimulates the creativity.
    My suggestion to the comp players on creating a map is because I think it would be easier to show everyone what they are talking about instead of typing it in a forum.
    The map would not have to be "fancy" or dressed up visually. The points of which they mention should be included as to what makes a balanced and what they consider, a good map. Either for competition only, or for anyone. Then post it here in the Forum and invite everyone to come try it for themselves to see what they are talking about. I would like to see this and experience this myself. Imagine if everyone tried their map(s) and posted really positive feedback on them explaining why they are good and why aspects of the design should be implemented in future and maybe current maps.
    I would think with the AA community united on this, the voice of the community would be hard to ignore.
    I can't make a map. I have zero skills at it. But there are people that are gifted in this, that I am sure could possibly collaborate with comp players and produce a map for everyone to try.
    I am a visual person. I have to actually "see" what people are talking about sometimes, before I can understand it fully. With that in mind, I make this proposition (I have the wife's approval, she's really in charge) for the comp players.
    Create a map that you think represents your thoughts on making the game better (map wise), and I'll pay for a server for one month to host it for the AA community to see what "you" (plural) are talking about, and play on. Then there could be feedback in the forums of the player experience.
    The details can be worked out privately in PM's.
    It would have to be a map that reflects comp ideas of map creation/play only. This way, everyone can see for themselves why there is a passion from the competition group for the game.

Option 1: Spend many, many hours making a map
    Option 2: Use thousands of hours of game experience to provide input on what does or doesn't work with existing maps and let designers like Rawrster, a professional UDK expert, respond to the feedback

There isn't a compelling reason to choose Option 1 over Option 2.

Once again, since you still seem to be missing the point:
    Mulgarus suggested letting the comp community, each of whom on the top teams has thousands upon thousands of hours of play experience against other top players, provide feedback earlier in the process.

Do you get that people spent time making changes to maps like Crossfire and now they're planning to spend time reverting some of those changes? Why shouldn't feedback of that quality be reaching them ASAP?

Saying "Just make your own maps if you care so much" isn't a good response. You're still acting like closed beta isn't a source of feedback on map and game design.

Frankly, I'm worried about how a "spring 2015" release is going to go. All of the valuable feedback from this weekend could've come much earlier in the process.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    This was just meant to be an announcement. There are plenty of sticky'd feedback threads that would be better to post your ideas / opinions / suggestions in. We are trying to keep that in the appropriate sections so we don't miss any of it!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

This discussion has been closed.