Opt-In Beta Audio and You!

Comments

• SoundySoundy Posts: 87Developer
    edited April 2015
    Objective sounds like C4 beeping when planted shouldn't be tied into UI imo should be part of the core.

We are working on a balance between distinguishable but well themed UI objective sound feedback. Thank you Colts.
  • ****NOoB********NOoB**** Posts: 5Player
    frankly it's anything, it's like on aa3. you have already lost a complete community with that big flop and you retry experience.
    no sound in the game, the sound of the gun is zero
    I hope that his will not be the final version if its fears
    edited April 2015
    frankly it's anything, it's like on aa3. you have already lost a complete community with that big flop and you retry experience.
    no sound in the game, the sound of the gun is zero
    I hope that his will not be the final version if its fears

Thanks for the feedback NOoB. Im pretty sure there is sound in the game, but what you might mean is you don't like it.

Some description of what "zero" means would be helpful.
  • ****NOoB********NOoB**** Posts: 5Player
    the game becomes like AA3 and it's pretty bad
    edited April 2015
    the game becomes like AA3 and it's pretty bad

This sounds like a general game description NOob. It may be better for another thread.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    - please make the bomb armed ticking sound part of the normal sound setting, instead of part of the UI sound setting.
    - please make the guy talking at start of round not part of normal volume settings.

- please make the bomb armed ticking sound part of the normal sound setting, instead of part of the UI sound setting.
    - please make the guy talking at start of round not part of normal volume settings.

I will add that to discussions. There may be some sorting to move certain sounds which may be normally grouped in UI or dialog... to other groups.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    I guess when I think UI, I think of menu sound effects, not anything related to in-game audio or objective sounds. I've only had the game open briefly, but does the music/loading video slide not go down to zero. I dragged it all the way left, but still have faint audio from loading videos. I should be able to turn that all the way down.
    I guess when I think UI, I think of menu sound effects, not anything related to in-game audio or objective sounds. I've only had the game open briefly, but does the music/loading video slide not go down to zero. I dragged it all the way left, but still have faint audio from loading videos. I should be able to turn that all the way down.

Thank you 314 for your feedback.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I have question.

What is MUTE when focus lost? What does that setting do/mean?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It means if the game window is not the active window, it won't play sound.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• CramebameCramebame Posts: 11Player
    edited April 2015
    -vR.r3vo wrote: »
    The Good:

- The new gun sounds are nice.
    - Ambient sounds are pretty cool

The Bad:
    - Can't hear footsteps. I've had enemies be 1-4 feet around me and I can't hear them at all.
    - Can't tell how far away the shooting is happening, or where someone is being revived/healing themselves
    - Echo inside buildings is wayyyyyy to high. Sounds like you're in a fishbowl shooting.

Overall, not happy with the new audio.

I agree with this, Can't hear anyone unless there on top of me and when there on top of me they might literally be in another room above or below you.it reminds me of AA3, personally I played AA1-2 when 3 came out i just quit and went to other games. I feel like you were heading in the right direction with AA4(beta) but now its moving in the wrong direction. You cant really tell the difference. also Grenades going off in different parts of the map, you cant hear the explosions unless there going to kill or injure you(this may just be on some maps, Ill pay a little more attention to detail.)
  • feldeX^feldeX^ Posts: 59Player
    Imo the sound its a step Back.Its sounds like aa3, the footsteps could be much louder weapon sound could be more crispy i like the sound in the normal version much more
  • Hc|Captain(HUN)Hc|Captain(HUN) Posts: 112Player
    Footsteps are hard to locate where they are like is the enemy below or above me its hard to say. But all other sound is perfekt

Hc|Captain(HUN) -
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    the metal floor type, like the one in assault spawn in watchdogs... sounds like i have suction cups on my feet.

• Kilroy_0Kilroy_0 Posts: 43Player
    Love the new audio :) , but, as I believe was mentioned before, I can't hear enemy footsteps
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    I have a very hard time hearing someone moving around me on for example redline, let's say an enemy was actually shooting around 7 meters right of me, with his back to me as I was behind him, and I could not position him well nor hear any of his footsteps.

I think we are underestimating the importance of a little bit less realistically but bigger sound of footsteps in a game. In order to get a game more succesful for competition purposes as well, it is very important that there is some tactical part involved in which you can hear normal movement well, so normal footsteps should be loud.

Should somebody want to be more stealth, they should make the decision to do a slowproning (or slowcrouching with some covering sound by a teammate) movement. But if they walk or run around, we should be able to hear it from a solid distance.

This might not be totally realistic, but for gameplay purposes it makes the game much more tactical and enjoyable.

Some people might complain that others might hear a lot, but hey, these are usually the players that run around like that, which shouldn't be smart anyways. Now the running around gets you rewarded with free flank kills if you come around them fast since nobody could hear you coming.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    How much are gunshots, grenades, flashbangs, and low health effects dampening or muffling sound?

After playing some more, it seems like all of those can have a fairly dramatic effect (ie, more than in the current open build) and that's probably contributing to a lot of the mixing complaints / not hearing enemy footsteps.
  • 12oz`miracle12oz`miracle Posts: 1Player
    edited April 2015
    So the sound, the almighty factor in which a lot of people had high hopes of improving from the 2d world we lived in before. First start off by saying I have an X-fi Titanium sound card so the results may vary for other people playing.

Stuff:
    - Footsteps: I like the way they sound and I think the directional sound is much better compared to before, but the footsteps are like rabbit feet so quiet even when they are right next to you. Many times already ive turned to peek someone and had them be right next to me when I thought they were 10-20 ft away.
    - Gunfire: The opfor guns sound very weird, I dont quite know what it is but they sound like nailguns or something to me. Could be just the hardware or settings I am running but before they sounded mostly like gunshots, my own gun sounds fine it is just the opfor weapons. Also as a few people have said the mini bazooka aka the pistols are extremely loud for pistols.
    - Ambience: THAT PLANE ON THE NEW MAP ALMOST KILLED ME
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    Just played 3 maps and I stand by my points.

Ambient such as intercept is OPTIMAL.
    Gun firing from first person is too loud. I mean extremely loud.
    Footsteps are THIN, and even if they are 4 feet away from you it sounds too low.

I been getting used to it. But those three are extremely hard to swallow.

To add a few more. Flashes sound very far if they explode a few feet away.

I am sure you are getting all this from other players. But at least you'll know there is a consensus.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
This discussion has been closed.