Opt-In Beta Audio and You!

Comments

• omerta`easyomerta`easy Posts: 46Player
    o`jee wrote: »
    lol that leaning animation.

Also one thing I miss is being able to hear the pin pulled on grenades. I really hope they will bring it back. I think that was a really big thing that balanced grenades in aa2. I always thought they haven't added it back because it was a bug or haven't gotten to it. I'd be disappointed if the plan was to leave it how it is on purpose.

This is very import IMO. There are a lot of complaints on the forums about grenades being too powerful. One way to balance grenades would be to make them do less damage. I think a better way to balance them would be to make it a lot easier to hear a grenade being pulled out as well as hearing a player begin cooking a grenade.

In AA2 there were 4 audio cues to warn that a grenade was inbound.
    - You would hear the player pull the grenade out
    - You would hear the pin pulled
    - You would hear it being cooked
    - You would hear the enemy yell if they weren't moving in tactical mode.
    This made the very powerful grenades less annoying. In AAPG you typically don't hear anything until the grenade is at your feet.

I'd like to try having the only thing that affects the loudness of a sound be the distance between me and the sound origin. I don't see any amount of tweaking the occlusion/obstruction settings that will be satisfactory.

The transition between areas (inside/outside) does not seem natural at all. Its very disorienting to go through a door when there is a gun fight near by. I don't mind sound being different inside compared to outside, but right now the difference is way to exagerated. The change is also seems too abrupt. I have a feeling it will be a lot easier to just remove the effect than to get it good enough to not be unnatural.
  • -=1S1K=-MK-1982-=1S1K=-MK-1982 Posts: 16Player
    edited April 2015
    I have G430 7.1 surround virtualized (2 jacks, 1 for the audio 1 for the microphone)and it sound as I am in a buble during the game... very strange... sound levels... localization of the sounds.... Another member of my clan have a analogical 5.1 surround (4 jacks, 1 jack front speackers, 1 jack rear speackers, 1 jack surround, 1 jack microphne) and he say he do not found the sound of the game so bad.

COULD BE SOMETHNG ABOUT SOUND VIRTUALIZATION!?

• [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015
    <p>There is a huge difference in muffling between the ALC892 and the EMU20K1, the sound via EMU20K1 is not that muffled. Maybe I wouldn´t have noticed it, if I didn`t know it. Futhermore using a 5.1 headset vs a stereo headset is a big difference, but that is a well know problem on current 5.1 headsets, because they got a lesser frequency bandwidth an worst on bass and highs than a stereo headset.</p>
    <p>Last but not least I got a mate in our community said that the weapon sounds is destroying his hearing. He is using an on-board chip and a Razor Kave 5.1.</p>
    <p>The only thing where people seems to meet are that the sound is imbalanced in relation between the different sound items (footsteps, firing mode swap, etc.) or that directional and distance sound is not very reliable in the current build, but that was already conceded by the developers.</p>
    <p>I am looking forward to the next audio opt-in.</p>
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • Sp0t.OnSp0t.On Posts: 3Player
    In the original beta the sound was great, matched perfectly, great distance perspective through sound. Now it's a little whacked out. Can't tell close from far, or hear above or below. The weapon sounds are way different, could get used to it but preferred the original, Possibly because I was used to it.

The HUD looks great. If you haven't already I personally would like to see the Tactical mode/Stance 'soldier' icon back! The word 'Tactical' on screen doesn't cut it for me, and that doesn't tell your position.

Everything else has pretty much been mentioned, good or bad!
    edited April 2015
    <p>I dont think so, the current default beta build has also much problems, like misinterpreting own footstept or the unreliability on directiontional and distance sound. I think the Wwise has more potential, but it is current not balanced and the problem with directional sound or the distance consitency is worst then in the default build.</p>
    <p>For example, it also happens in the default build that you can hear a healing soldier in a building far away with a wall between you and him. I hope those problem can be better addressed with Wwise.</p>

• [CIA]SycoKill3r[CIA]SycoKill3r Posts: 12Player
    Im having alot of the same issues as everyone else has said but i will just post mine up as well .

-The layout seems cheesy along with the sounds of the guns . they just dont sound like i guess you can say what we are used to .
    -the pistol sound is a beast it sounds like a motor shell going off .
    -The glitches are unbelievable such as people running around with nades in hands and they are really shooting, the 20 foot arm when a player is walking around seeing through a player, throwing the last flash does not throw last flash it just disappears, walking through objects, sometimes stairs dont work and you go right thru them , players look like they are looking at ground but they actually say they were unloaded whole clip into me . list goes on and seems like to me you guys went 1 step forward 3 back
    -The sound is god awful, i have 7.1 surround sound and only left and right seem to work . i thought it was me so i turned on a movie and all speakers worked loudly and fine . i go back into game and its left right . I think a player is coming up on left or right and its opposite. You need to go back to the old sound
    - The graphics are amazing personally me i would of been fine with the way the game was and you just updated the graphics. Ill post more input on other topics but main thing is the sound sucks.
    - I made it to lvl 6 and in the menu it says im lvl 1 again only goes to 1-5 not sure why cap was 5 and in games i saw all the way up to lvl 9.

Some things are good 95% awful . To me this reminds me off AA2 says where they came out with the AA3 update and no one wanted to play it AA3 sucked so back i stopped playing along with my clan stopped playing aa for over year and went to BF then AA:PG came out and it was the best thing and now this new beta takes me back to AA3 days where all i want to do is uninstall game and go play BF again.

All i have to say and PS take out the dang run slide while shooting BS you are going for realistic well the way players are able to run with AR slide into room turn while sliding and be shooting at same time just don't seem real. ive tried it in real life lol and i just couldnt do it .
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer

My feedback on sound. In a video

Thanks for taking the time to put this together eKComm.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Would like to know the devs thoughts on this

Easy brought this up and I agree with him.

Could we get this added and figure out a good distance to be able to hear the pin being pulled etc.?

What does everyone else think about this?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,156Player
    edited April 2015
    Would like to know the devs thoughts on this

Easy brought this up and I agree with him.

Could we get this added and figure out a good distance to be able to hear the pin being pulled etc.?

What does everyone else think about this?

I've been suggesting this since beta began.

On another note, people need to stop whining about the sound. We get it, it's not good right now. There have actually been some good and constructive posts about it and the devs have acknowledged it. So let's wait until the next opt in to see if they improve it.

People saying to just go back to the sound system of the current version are not adding anything useful. Sound is terrible in the current version. People have been complaining about it since day 1. If we ever want good sound WWise is what we'll need. So let the devs tweak it and hope for the best.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited April 2015
    yes. and in general i wish the team would make a move away from the muffling/dampening/competing/drowning out sounds. please redirect away from the aa3 sound approach and get back to the aa2 sound stage.
    -
    the aa2 sound stage method makes for a much better game experience. aa2 sound was scarier when you were under fire, and made everything sound crisp, distinct, unique, and awesome. this hdr stuff just makes everything sound like doodoo, not scary. not immersive. not urgent.
    -
    the deafening sound effect from aa2 was far better than the hdr here.
    -
    the visual grenade screen shake and gunfire face blurring here in aapg needs to be lifted in favor of proper audio like aa2. this blur/shake just feels like a "drunk" status debuff from an RPG. or as if i am looking through a window that is getting blasted with water, without windshield wipers. it just serves as a gimmicky annoyance rather than anything else.
    -
    also, curious, does the mouse sensitivity get lowered when under weapon suppression? or is the penalty just so broken that it simply feels like your mouse isn't doing what it is supposed to?

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player

My feedback on sound. In a video

I'm glad you put this together as well. This is has been an experience in both aspects (audio and reg) that have been plaguing this game since inception. Common or not (more so with this opt-in) it has been the deterrent of the game for me thus far.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Guys, the other day I realized something. Remember we can't hooah in this Opt-In until rank 5 (and it takes forever)?
    I don't know what's the reason behind that, but there's something: We can't test how Hooah's behave in this new sound environment.
    edited April 2015
    I mostly agree with .shhfiftyfive- and furthermore you are right that hits doesn't distract like in AA2. I think its by design of AA:PG and I am pretty pessimistic that we are going to get that back.

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited April 2015
    Guys, the other day I realized something. Remember we can't hooah in this Opt-In until rank 5 (and it takes forever)?
    I don't know what's the reason behind that, but there's something: We can't test how Hooah's behave in this new sound environment.

.... It takes like 10 matches to get to 5 dood. Also thanks for watching the vid guys
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • <p>In my opinion, the weapon sounds improved compared to the default version of AAPG (still not as good as AA2) but i definitely miss an echo after the shots. Therefore at the moment in my opinion it sounds a bit dull.
    <br>At some point i think there is also a certain lack in the proportionality of different sounds, like the sound when changing a magazine being very low but the sound when switching a weapons' firing mode being almost louder than shooting it itself</p>
    <p> (Hardware used: Soundcard: Creative SB X-Fi; Headset: Sennheiser PC360 G4ME )</p>
  • The new sound is amazing!!! Keep up the great work!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    ss_4_PFC-M.Simpkins%5B3rdID%5D.png
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    AgentE382 wrote: »
    The new sound is amazing!!! Keep up the great work!

Wow. I'm curious to see where they take it from here, but it's terrible right now. Losing the HDR/muffling would be a great first step.
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    AgentE382 wrote: »
    The new sound is amazing!!! Keep up the great work!

Wow. I'm curious to see where they take it from here, but it's terrible right now. Losing the HDR/muffling would be a great first step.

When I first tried the opt-in, I stayed in spectator mode for some time, and the new sound system sounded much better than it does when you actually join a side and play. Could it be, that there are no HDR effects in spectator mode?

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited April 2015
    {NWO}Hawk wrote: »

When I first tried the opt-in, I stayed in spectator mode for some time, and the new sound system sounded much better than it does when you actually join a side and play. Could it be, that there are no HDR effects in spectator mode?

well i know this. when i die and spectate a teammate until next round starts... his footsteps and gunfire is not as loud as if i were alive playing myself. whatever that is, it's not good. when i am alive "my sounds" shouldn't be as loud as they are.
    -
    and sounds should not be competing with all the other sounds in the game.
    -
    that should be said for EVERY sound in the game. make them all separate like aa2, a game with a beautiful sound stage. nothing drown out anything else... only a few exceptions should distort your hearing: when you are under "accurate fire" or flashbang or close enough to a grenade to have taken damage from it. of course the indoor/outdoor version of each sound should be noticeably different.
    -
    but right now in aapg everything "loud" that breaks the hdr threshold, it all sounds identical through walls, sounds non-immersive, non-threatening, just like aa3. i don't like that one bit.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    "Just like aa3"..hold on there partner, I never had any problems with sound in AA3. Great directional sound and easily tell where the gun fire is coming from..AAPG would wish it had AA3's sound

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
This discussion has been closed.