Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics

Post subject: America's Army 2.8.5 Download
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:09 pm 

Hey, I downloaded America's Army 2.8.5 a few months ago. The download went smooth, but for some reason I cannot play maps other than Pipeline or Sf pipeline. I am a SF Pipeline junkie but I also like to play other maps. When I try to click on maps such as hospital, urban assault, etc. it tells me something about not having border installed. I get kicked by pb for not having a border file. Anyways, I'm trying to uninstall America's Army 2.8.5 to download a fresh copy. When I went to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, all I saw was America's Army deploy client. I uninstalled this and tried to redownload. When I did this all it did was redownload the Deploy client and had the same version of America's Army 2.8.5 with a different Deploy client. So... I went to Start > Computer > Double Clicked HP (C:) > Program files > US Army - And manually deleted everything I seen. This did not help. In fact I think I dug myself even deeper. When I tried to install the Deploy Client it says it cannot be opened. I want to know how I can uninstall my current version of America's Army 2.8.5 and redownload a fresh copy. Im running windows Vista if that matters. Help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Post subject: Re: America's Army 2.8.5 Download
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:43 pm 

I don't know if this is the case, but as I remember you must download maps through the file manager

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:49 pm 

Thorne wrote:
I don't know if this is the case, but as I remember you must download maps through the file manager

I've tried that. I even told my clan mate to send me the map via xfire. Still did not work. I just want a new copy all together.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:29 pm 

Yeah, also, if you want to completely remove your AA2 (or any program that is), just delete its folder, then clean all the trash with a program like CCleaner, which is free
EDIT: by saying trash I mean, registry, temp files, etc, not recycle bin. Just making this clear ;)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:40 pm 

Thorne wrote:
Yeah, also, if you want to completely remove your AA2 (or any program that is), just delete its folder, then clean all the trash with a program like CCleaner, which is free
EDIT: by saying trash I mean, registry, temp files, etc, not recycle bin. Just making this clear ;)

Oh, ok. I'll try.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:46 pm 

Did not work.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:15 pm 

What didn't work?

Board index » America's Army: Legacy Versions » AA2 - All Topics