Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Post subject: Beta Forum
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:01 am 

Beta Forum

Two days ago I had send an email to AACM@Americasarmy.com from the email address I used to register on the Portal to request exclusive access to the private Beta Forum. I had put the words "Beta Test" in the subject line and made sure to include my exact forum name in the email body.
But the email address I used on the forum is different from the email address I used on the Beta registration. Still I have no access to the Beta forum, which would be nice since I am thoroughly enjoying the game so far and would like to read up on comments and possible gestures.
Is there anyway I could be contacted to sort out the access to the private Beta forum?

Post subject: Re: Beta Forum
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:26 am 
AACM
AACM

You and a billion others :)

Have a bit of patience and as long as you followed the simple instructions on the OPORD you will get access soon.

As a general point to others reading this, if you dont follow the instructions on the OPORD you will not get access to the forums. As a reminder, those instructions are.

1) email aacm@americasarmy.com from the email account you used to register your game account on the portal

2) Put Beta Test as the subject to the email

3) If you don't have a forum account make one

4) Include your Forum Username not your Steam or Soldier name.

It's not rocket science but you would be surprised the number of people who are failing to do this.

We don't have time to chase down unknown email addresses or forum accounts so make sure you follow the above and all will be well.

Thanks for listening to this public service announcement.

Pat

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:55 pm 

One problem you may not have come across Pat is one that pertains to me and i suspect thousands of others . I signed up with a hotmail address , but since then hotmail has upgraded to outlook . I sent the Beta Test mail from the exact same account as before , but now it will show up as outlook not hotmail .

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:08 pm 
AACM
AACM

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:
One problem you may not have come across Pat is one that pertains to me and i suspect thousands of others . I signed up with a hotmail address , but since then hotmail has upgraded to outlook . I sent the Beta Test mail from the exact same account as before , but now it will show up as outlook not hotmail .

Are you sure about that? I have a hotmail.com account and just sent myself an email which still comes from hotmail.com

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:02 pm 

the change to outlook is merely cosmetic. you still have the same address, not a new one, pertaining to hotmail accounts.

although, yahoo and hotmail/outlook email default UI practically have the same style, if it weren't for just jumbling some stuff and having different colors. nearly confusing.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:03 pm 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

GBGangsta wrote:
=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

Are you sure about that? I have a hotmail.com account and just sent myself an email which still comes from hotmail.com

true
yes it changes to outlook but adres still the same, from the beginning its nothing diffrends my adress

(V) (',,') (V)

TO DO IS TO BE, TO BE IS TO DO, DO BE DO BE DO

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:51 pm 

maclobster wrote:
GBGangsta wrote:
=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

true
yes it changes to outlook but adres still the same, from the beginning its nothing diffrends my adress

Well my mail page with inbox etc says outlook at the top 8-)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:28 pm 

Quote:
"blah blah blah...

.....A seamless upgrade - no worries necessary

When you upgrade to Outlook.com, your email address, password, emails, and contacts will remain the same. If you like, you can get a new @outlook.com address by following the instructions here. If you have questions about the upgrade, please visit our FAQ page."

Outlook.com is basically a client. I can use Gmail as a proxy for a bunch of email addresses I've had (send/receive as the individual account, or my gmail account, etc.), just the same way. Outlook basically still handles hotmail accounts because they acquired hotmail a while ago. it's all under microsoft, so the branding is basically the same. it's just that they rearranged a few things. nothing dramatic.

on that note, I've been meaning to set up my own @outlook.com, on the off chance I want/need a new address for some purpose. that is, if I can remember the password....

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:00 am 

Are you internally converting gmail.com addresses to googlemail.com addresses? I registered with my @gmail.com address because it's shorter, but when I send you an email it will show up as @googlemail.com. I hope that doesn't cause any problems. I've been waiting for 3 days ;)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:16 am 

through the steam app, I can not login and not creating acount!
reason: "Your password was incorrect" or "It appears that this America's Army account is already associated with a different Steam account. Please log in with that Steam account and try again or contact an America's Army Community Manager for assistance. Error 13004"
I have changed password but does not help!
any help

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion