RPG Elements

XomoXXomoX Posts: 1Player
An in-depth skill tree that would require knowledge of advanced high school courses (1st semester college courses) for the best builds. For example, sniper -> physics, grenader -> chemistry, etc.

Enough knowledge to qualify for the GED in those subjects.

Comments

• SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 79Player
    Erm... ಠ_ಠ
    =[A*A-E]=Cannibal!Medellin
  • TheBaDaBing!TheBaDaBing! Posts: 296Player
    edited May 19
    The idea is there (probably not for this game) but the whole school approach is not.

It reminds me of the league of legends masteries tree. I think that would be a fresh idea for an fps game unlocking the skill tree and picking what you want. +1 damage +2 armour +3 movement speed.

It would cause all sorts of balance issues and it would never be added to this game ever. But it would be fun to play.

In league of legends there is 3 skill trees. Offensive, defensive, utility. The further you unlock with your 27? Skill points the better you're rewarded for sticking to that specific tree.

[img]http://www.calmdowntom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Fiora-Talent-Tree-Smaller.jpg[/img]

If only we had mods, it sounds like a fun mod for a game.
    =[A*A-E]=Cannibal!Medellin
    oK5CLZA.jpg
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 74Player
    Yeah it's tough, every fps game that had cool rpg elements to them were absolutely awful in the mechanics/netcode department, nobody has really taken a good fps engine/game and modded to have this kind of experience.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • -DZADragon.iNv--DZADragon.iNv- Posts: 86Player
    This would be fun but could simply be implemented with proper training which everyone agrees the game needs. Especially to retain newer players.
  • =IMS=Levente=IMS=Levente Posts: 18Player
    XomoX wrote: »
    An in-depth skill tree that would require knowledge of advanced high school courses (1st semester college courses) for the best builds. For example, sniper -> physics, grenader -> chemistry, etc.

Enough knowledge to qualify for the GED in those subjects.

So... You want the player to learn actual science to get better stuff in-game? Science is cool, but this is not going to work... I mean, imagine a 10-year-old-boy playing the game. He has to make advanced high school things to unlock a weapon/other important stuff? I could make up more of these absurd examples... Come on, I don't even slow down if I get shot in the knee, and you want me to know science? It'd make a horrible mix of arcade and simulation (?).

Sidenote: I don't think a grenadier has to know Chemistry. Physics sounds a lot more important even there. I don't need to know why the nade goes 'BOOM', I need to know where it will go 'BOOM'. (And we don't have grenadiers in AAPG, but this a whole different topic.)

PS: I have absolutely no problem with science itself. But it simply does not fit into FPS games IMO.
    Theory and reality are not that different. Theoretically...
  • SSG-M.Breen[3rdID]SSG-M.Breen[3rdID] Posts: 186Player
    Speaking of grenadiers. Where are they?
    hl8NkXs.jpg
  • [-WG]Avguste[-WG]Avguste Posts: 23Player
    But that would be a great excuse for kids to play AA:

"Mom, the game helps me with my chemistry"
    logo_3.png
  • BCPullBCPull Posts: 243Player
    edited May 19
    Things games generally aren't encouraged to do:
    • Teach players how to make homemade bombs

More seriously, though, I don't really see classroom instruction making a series return.
    TheTots=IK=Doba=
  • cK^KILL@cK^KILL@ Posts: 192Player
    Speaking of grenadiers. Where are they?

Not fitting this version and the maps of this version of AA, that's where they are.
    =IK=Doba=
  • SSG-M.Breen[3rdID]SSG-M.Breen[3rdID] Posts: 186Player
    Couldn't use them in coldfront/slums? Grenadiers would bring bridge players back IMO
    hl8NkXs.jpg