RPG Elements

XomoXXomoX Posts: 1Player
An in-depth skill tree that would require knowledge of advanced high school courses (1st semester college courses) for the best builds. For example, sniper -> physics, grenader -> chemistry, etc.

Enough knowledge to qualify for the GED in those subjects.

Comments

• SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    Erm... ಠ_ಠ
    *[Medellin!Cannibal]
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 120Player
    Yeah it's tough, every fps game that had cool rpg elements to them were absolutely awful in the mechanics/netcode department, nobody has really taken a good fps engine/game and modded to have this kind of experience.
  • -DZADragon.iNv--DZADragon.iNv- Posts: 137Player
    This would be fun but could simply be implemented with proper training which everyone agrees the game needs. Especially to retain newer players.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 41Player
    XomoX wrote: »
    An in-depth skill tree that would require knowledge of advanced high school courses (1st semester college courses) for the best builds. For example, sniper -> physics, grenader -> chemistry, etc.

Enough knowledge to qualify for the GED in those subjects.

So... You want the player to learn actual science to get better stuff in-game? Science is cool, but this is not going to work... I mean, imagine a 10-year-old-boy playing the game. He has to make advanced high school things to unlock a weapon/other important stuff? I could make up more of these absurd examples... Come on, I don't even slow down if I get shot in the knee, and you want me to know science? It'd make a horrible mix of arcade and simulation (?).

Sidenote: I don't think a grenadier has to know Chemistry. Physics sounds a lot more important even there. I don't need to know why the nade goes 'BOOM', I need to know where it will go 'BOOM'. (And we don't have grenadiers in AAPG, but this a whole different topic.)

PS: I have absolutely no problem with science itself. But it simply does not fit into FPS games IMO.
  • SFC-M.Breen[3rdID]SFC-M.Breen[3rdID] Posts: 296Player
    Speaking of grenadiers. Where are they?
  • [-WG]Avguste[-WG]Avguste Posts: 104Player
    But that would be a great excuse for kids to play AA:

"Mom, the game helps me with my chemistry"
  • BCPullBCPull Posts: 425Player
    edited May 19
    Things games generally aren't encouraged to do:
    • Teach players how to make homemade bombs

More seriously, though, I don't really see classroom instruction making a series return.
    TheTots=IK=Doba=
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 506Player
    Speaking of grenadiers. Where are they?

Not fitting this version and the maps of this version of AA, that's where they are.
    =IK=Doba=
  • SFC-M.Breen[3rdID]SFC-M.Breen[3rdID] Posts: 296Player
    Couldn't use them in coldfront/slums? Grenadiers would bring bridge players back IMO