Fireteams & Battle Planner

Comments

• [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    Absolutely, there are currently more important things to do. It may also be an idealistic idea, but I think that a battleplanner with the possiblity to draw dynamically like in paint could help, although there went something wrong in previous rounds. It encources especially newer players to participate on a tactical brainstorming, even if they don't know the location names.
    -
    Players could mark hotspots like first contact spots or frequently used sniper spots to show the team what they observed. So even if the map control is lost after 1 minute and the most previously drawn routes are occupied, there remains the information about hotspots that was collected in the brainstorming VoIP-driven battleplaner. And AA is still a shooter where information superiority can make a difference.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • KiplingKipling Posts: 10Player
    I'm a fan of the battle planner and fire teams. The game is about more than the kills, plus when someone completes the objective you get to hear that well said phrase "Who does that?"

The fireteams did help keep players together watching each others back , plus it would (in theory) make sure all routes are covered.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Steady 150 fps..Bring up scoreboard, that falls to ~90fps.. do we really need more resource wasting features that don't get used?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Steady 150 fps..Bring up scoreboard, that falls to ~90fps.. do we really need more resource wasting features that don't get used?

That YOU wont use? lol not sure but I'd love to see something implemented

• =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    Just an idea....
    This is almost an instance where a comm rose would work for TL/SL to point and click 'defend' 'attack' 'suppress' etc.
    Gives a quick way of conveying info on the fly and would help squads play as squads. T/L sends commands to S/L only and S/L conveys command to his squad. Would give T/L and S/L more purpose and help direct new players. It could create interaction with up to date commands without ending up with obsolete planning that no one used in the beginning.
    Would also give more of a role for the T/L and S/L and some dimension to 'improve' for senior players.
    For me fireteams are a must though.
    Like I said just an idea.
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Nobody followed those orders on AA3, why would they do it now?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2015
    Just an idea....
    This is almost an instance where a comm rose would work for TL/SL to point and click 'defend' 'attack' 'suppress' etc.
    Gives a quick way of conveying info on the fly and would help squads play as squads. T/L sends commands to S/L only and S/L conveys command to his squad. Would give T/L and S/L more purpose and help direct new players. It could create interaction with up to date commands without ending up with obsolete planning that no one used in the beginning.
    Would also give more of a role for the T/L and S/L and some dimension to 'improve' for senior players.
    For me fireteams are a must though.
    Like I said just an idea.

Like AA2 how you could say stuff like "Get the door!" ? If thats what you mean I like this idea.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited May 2015
    I wish the Battle Planner was part of the full map toggle... so we can see the plan in action and refer to it
    while in game, the leader could change map while in game to adjust for the pressure from the other team.

Miss Rally Point Markers from AA3 as well. When you played with people who got the game... was magical the team movements.

Would really be cool to have a leadership hierarchy design in AA:PG

In short maybe a little more ARMY and little less COMPY in design :) IMHO.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    I wish the Battle Planner was part of the full map toggle... so we can see the plan in action and refer to it
    while in game, the leader could change it while in game to adjust for the pressure from the other team.

Miss Rally Point Markers from AA3 as well. When you played with people who got the game... was magical the team movements.

I stop talking about COMP and COMPY and whatever you want to call it when you have no clue what it truly means.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    edited May 2015
    Bam4D wrote: »
    while in game, the leader could change it while in game to adjust for the pressure from the other team.

I stop talking about COMP and COMPY and whatever you want to call it when you have no clue what it truly means.

[mod edit - TOS violation] this kills me. But yes I miss the hand signals and callouts man....good times lol "Left, Left, Left, Right, Left" ahaha

edited May 2015
    Work within their wrong plan... puts a twist on game play and to succeed with a bad plan makes you AWESOME!!

********Bam4D********

• AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    The FT and BattlePlan would be great additions I think. But the main issue is lack of knowledge on maps and maps callouts. And the only solution to fix that is to constantly play and pay attention to the report in chat.
    Also, different units really should focus their trainings on callouts and even make their own callouts.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player

This is not aimed at any individual, but I think I know what it means, basically the word "Comp" is by association to such a thing.. a seemingly free licence to be an indirect jerk to the general public both ingame and in the forums.. yes, both happen.

Just telling an observed truth over time, because nobody else has the cojones to say it. People seriously wonder why nobody sticks around on the forum? it's not hard to understand, just observe posting behaviours and attitudes within our 30 strong (1%) of active forum members and you will start to notice a trend.

The biggest issue I notice is with feedback and suggestions, nobody here will allow any sort of agreement to anyone's thoughts or ideas.. virtually anything posted is instantly dismissed straight away by individuals with their own 'my way or the highway' bubbles of thought that are always somehow superior. There's no compromising.. no discussion.. there's just simply no love for fellow player. I'm afraid that the forum will never grow with such a divided community, sadly it's all because of peoples superiority complexes.

Hang on.. Why am I even wasting my breath. Nothing ever changes.. What was the topic again? Oh yeah Battle planner..

1z1sl1c.jpg

^^ Just add this part to AAPG, it just looks better.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    A new battleplaner should be more like a brainstorming drawing board instead of an instruction board.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    no it wont be.. it wasnt used in the past it wont be taken seriously again so whats the point.. and please this "it wont be used by YOU" is ridiculous.. I played all of AA3 and cant recall anyone ever using it.. maybe for the points just to set the colors on each obj so when its complete, they get the extra points! otherwise useless.. move on

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited May 2015
    I think I'm going to use buzzwords like you do to prove my points also.

The battle planner will never work because general public players are not ARMY STRONG.

Whatever that means in relation to an online fps game.
    You do know the DEV team is at least 70% ARMY? the players are at least 30% ARMY and 50% know or have someone who has been ARMY. Americas Army. I know, I play and a lot of others because this is an ARMY designed game to show support in a gaming kinda way for our troops, love hearing a whole server of people thank a man for serving this great country.

ARMY STRONG is not a buzz word, but a way of life for so many that serve and have served.

You ( BaDaBing ) loving this game as much as the rest of us and supporting also makes you ARMY STRONG and I'm glad that someone with your passion for this great game is in our community.

This idea reminds me when you say "we have no one upper gallery" and next round 7 players run up there. People can't follow orders on publics.
    Ahh.. you stated a few posts ago that you would not follow a plan that may incorporate danger? you may be one of those people :# who don't follow plans ( doh ). You may follow a leader into a firestorm of bad planning but man if your team comes out of it what a rush!!

********Bam4D********