Modified official maps.

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,068Beta Tester
    How about removing enemy spotted from all comp maps? Would you guys be interested in that?

Vaulting?
    Decals?
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 975Player
    I think the new sounds are fantastic.. I play 7.7 surround all planer Magnetic & Logictech z906 CONE optical out also use headphones HD280 pro 64 Ω CONE close ear and Audeze LCD 3 70 Ω prefect flat planer magnetic open ear.

I've tried the game on all 4 devices and all sound fantastic the pop/hiss/twing of bullets & distant fire, direction pinpointing of the battle the clang of nade metal hitting floor. As many know play with No HUD sound is paramount for me and Dev-soundy has hit it out of the park great real feel in the sounds, find nothing wrong with the sound, thank you soundy & team for all the hard work.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,960Player
    edited January 5
    How about removing enemy spotted from all comp maps? Would you guys be interested in that?

Vaulting?
    Decals?

remove Enemy spotted, bushes, supported fire. Your my hero.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,307Player
    .dc-colts^ wrote: »
    Enemy spotted, bushes, supported fire. Your my hero.

+100.....
    edited January 5
    Those are 3 easy things to do.

@ -roKis.iNv-
    I don't think it would cause any issues removing the vaulting. We can just set up volumes to to allow you to control all t that.

But I agree, let's do the sound first.

EDIT: First let me say, the Dev's have done a great job with the sound. For me , like you Bam...it's great. With that being said, comp players, and including my self back in the day. I hated all sounds...only thing I wanted to hear was the player/enemy sounds. So this is not to knock anyone, I'm just trying to do what it takes to grow the community. If it takes me changing few things in some of the maps for these guys, so be it!...if it makes them happy and keeps them around, I'm all for it.

Anyways, here is a sample of what can be done.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uC2TcmkUrqs&feature=youtu.be
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 975Player
    I'm starting to think Canadians don't understand Americas Army. ;)
    Hey Wolveeee how about making us an Anti Cheat while you're at it :smiley:
    lol. I actually did do some work for zeroping back in the ut99 days. I'm very limited when it comes to that. Mostly do level design nowadays.
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 94Player
    With the sounds the way they are now, it has turned the game into a YOLO rush-fest. I can hear a guy walking up stairs 2 buildings away but can't hear the elephant stamping its feet behind me for a takedown. Followed by a slow and painful teabag.
  • .p[i]-Crushmaster..p[i]-Crushmaster. Posts: 444Player
    With the sounds the way they are now, it has turned the game into a YOLO rush-fest. I can hear a guy walking up stairs 2 buildings away but can't hear the elephant stamping its feet behind me for a takedown.
    Well said. It encourages poor tactics.
    Ok so right now I've ported the map. I removed the ambient sounds, and I'll be adding it to steam work shop later on tonight when I get home. I left the reverb volumes for now. So we can test it, and go from there.
    Any other changes atm or just the ambient? ... support position?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 2,556Player
    edited January 6
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Any other changes atm or just the ambient? ... support position?

For how long it would take to remove supported, if he aint already.. he'd have a spare few minutes before a publish to do away with them all without needing to rebuild lighting etc.. :mrgreen:

Removal of certain things is actually the easy part, it's after that when you start to tweak things like sounds and reverbs to perfection in anyone's standards and reach a common ground with it all is gonna be the tricky more time consuming part of the venture I'd assume.

I wish you guys luck! especially wolvie :lol:

• iNv|twitchriNv|twitchr Posts: 105Player
    Guys- Great work here. I like what I'm seeing. Anyone that could host this on their pub server? I used to play comp back in the day, and would love to check this out.
    Yeah sorry forgot to mention it. I never brought the support position from the original map. So no sound, enemy spotted and support positions.
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 94Player
    Yeah sorry forgot to mention it. I never brought the support position from the original map. So no sound, enemy spotted and support positions.

I want to be inside you homes.