Opt In Update 9/18/2015: Feedback and Comments

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 2,087Beta Tester
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
List any bugs and concerns here in a way that is specific enough for the various Devs to get the task done before release if possible. Unclear "it sucks" posts aren't useful so do what you can to help get this stuff ironed out! :)
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-SD-DELTON Posts: 586Player
    edited September 2015
    Map voting is a bit strange, on our server we let the players vote for the map they want to play.
    Problem is a vote is put in say for inner hospital it passes then at the end of the match
    the score board vote comes up and the vote changes the map to a different map.
    This causes some confusion because everyone wanted the first map on but because players join
    near the end of a round they vote a different map.
    Is there a way for server owners to just have the vote we had before the last patch, is there
    a way of turning off the end of the round vote?
    AAPG Server
    -SD-Souldefenders Fun House Server IP:77.75.123.217 Port: 7778

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Server
    -SD-SoulDefenders -ACI- IP:77.75.123.210 Port: 19567

http://www.souldefenders.net

My Maps 
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010761141/myworkshopfiles/

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 1,511Developer
    That exact scenario is something we were discussing in house last week. We're trying to figure out the best way to handle it. We've got a few solutions we'll try and then go from there.
    fun will be policed
  • {ANTS}_SaViOr{ANTS}_SaViOr Posts: 21Player
    edited September 2015
    In this update a change was added where the bleed out timer was removed when sighting up. Can we please, for the love of god, remove the name tags when sighting up as well? The name tags are what the issue was originally, not the tiny bleed out timer box. If that isn't possible then at least make it a choice for us in the HUD settings i.e. FF tags ON, Look at, only when unsighted etc.

There is no longer a setting in the HUD options to remove those dumb achievements from popping up every couple kills. In the past versions you could turn point/score notifications OFF and the +100, +50, hawkeye, deadeye, on point, etc wouldn't pop up at the bottom of the screen & the kill feed was still visible. When setting Score Notifications to OFF in this new update, the kill feed is also removed. Is it possible to have the kill feed be a separate option from the score notifications? I'd still like to see the kill feed but I don't need the game to tell me every time I get an award or points each time I do something.

Other than that, everything seems to work just fine. Would love to see new official maps that are in the works or UMM available for us in the opt-in.
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    I would like to request another option. You know when the match ends, you (I do) thank everyone for the match. Some servers are so quick in loading the next map I end up having to wait for it to load to leave the server. I'd like an option where I could cancel the loading.
    TheTots wrote: »
    That exact scenario is something we were discussing in house last week. We're trying to figure out the best way to handle it. We've got a few solutions we'll try and then go from there.

I don't know if its possible but if you could get it so if a vote passes even in the middle of a match
    No other map votes can be made until next map has started.
    AAPG Server

My Maps 

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 2,087Beta Tester
    I'm noticing I can't "Hold 1" key to drop primary weapons in Giunta, but I can in "Explore" mode. I haven't tried in a server (forgot...)

You guys have already played a fair bit. Can you drop weapons?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Yes. Hold 1 works for me.
    AAPG Server

My Maps 

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 2,087Beta Tester
    Thank you. :)
    ______

• =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Some things I would still like to see fixed:

1. Bring back pings. If you want them off on officials then fine, but they should be on by default. Too many server owners don't know how to to turn them on and people keep complaining about lag and warping players.

2. Sounds. Dead zone in the sound approx. 15 degrees behind you and the M4 and ak still sound pretty lame.

3. The map vote at the end is weird. It negates previous votes and people are voting at the end of every match vs occasionally throwing up a vote if people don't want the next map.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 1,511Developer
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    TheTots wrote: »

I don't know if its possible but if you could get it so if a vote passes even in the middle of a match
    No other map votes can be made until next map has started.

That's what we are leaning towards
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I'm noticing I can't "Hold 1" key to drop primary weapons in Giunta, but I can in "Explore" mode. I haven't tried in a server (forgot...)

You guys have already played a fair bit. Can you drop weapons?

Weapon dropping is disabled in training maps / SH. So normal explore it will work, just not on the G range, basic training, etc.
    fun will be policed
  • Ephraim_cppEphraim_cpp Posts: 443Player
    edited September 2015
    @TheTots @Keebler750
    Hello sirs, I posted some of these before(no one saw it :( )

1. Maps such as crossfire, Lockdown etc wont load. When the loading videos come up, game crashes. This happens with both the recent opt-ins.
      This did not happen in open beta.
      Original post -
      http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3078/opt-in-crossfire-wont-load-and-other-bugs
    2. Though I have set graphic settings to the lowest and things are indeed smooth, sometimes it gets really low fps(2-3fps haha or even less). This is rare, and happens when I play the first round of a match.
      This did not happen in open beta.
    3. The pressing U for showing where I am does not work.
    4. Hoo-ahh using H does not work. (I am a PV2 now, should I unlock it?)
    5. Using Global text chat (Y) did not work in previous opt-in but works in this opt-in :)
    6. I have some clashing problems which occur even after I deleted the open beta.
      Link to previous post talking about the clashing problem including screenshots -
      http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3060/problem-with-opt-in-having-both-versions

I suspect some maps not loading is related to this clashing?
    Not native English speaker. Sorry for English
    If you need more detail, do say so sirs :)
    Ah and apart from the bugs I do love the opt-in more! Weapon sounds are great! Nice to see flags being replaced with medical files etc. I wonder if a chopper can come to pick up extract at hospital? (non-serious suggestion).
    On a side note, whoever made the map Intercept is a genius.
    Not native English speaker. Sorry for English

Edit : Formatting
  • Kilroy_0Kilroy_0 Posts: 42Player
    since the previous build I'm having problems with the chat. the issue is still here in the new build; when I get killed, and start typing something in the chat before the view is switched to spectator (happens either if I'm revivable or not), when the view switches to spectator, as much as I typed before the switch appears in the chat and the HUD kinda freezes or whatever - I'm unable to write anything in the chat, switch the player I'm currently spectating, view the scoreboard, view the menu... I can only open the Steam In-Game :D
    I've reported this bug in the previous build, but it's still going strong :P
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,442Player
    I'm confused about the display of weapon challenge progress etc. It doesn't advance during a match once all objectives are completed and won't allow a player to pass more than one set of criteria at a time?

For example, I finish the M4 Novice II reqs during one match. I don't see Novice III until the start of the next. When I do, it shows "finish the shoothouse", but I already have. Rather than progress to the Veteran challenge, it keeps me at the completed screen.

It's also not clear at this stage what I need to do to unlock XYZ optic or ABC skin without happening to be at that challenge.

I understand it's all WIP, they're just issues that could get addressed.
    The close bracket ] breaks spectator mode display of names from first-person view.
  • I don't understand the sound in this game at all.

For example, if i'm up and over on inner hospital, footsteps in choke sound the same as footsteps from an enemy coming up and over.

Another example, if i'm in a room on an inside map their is no difference between a grenade LANDING(not blowing up) in a different room next to me and the room i'm actually in.

Another example, on inner hospital when rushing west, their is almost no difference between a friendly prepping a grenade vs. an enemy prepping a grenade from the other side of west.

For me, the sound was great in the very first build of the new beta you guys released, but since then has been broken.

Other observations:

Shots to the body are completely worthless - since it takes about 7 shots to kill somebody shooting in the body vs. shooting to the head. Good players who have tweaked their setups so there mouses and aiming is perfect have a ridiculous advantage over new players. The first release of the new beta was better in this respect - new players had it easier and more experienced players were crying because their tweaked setups were not working the way it had always been in the older beta. The first version of the new beta was more tactical, it encouraged more camping (which may or may not be a good thing, not sure what type of game the DEVs are making); this latest version is more run and gun - sprint to a location, stop, peak, shoot in head, sprint to another location, and repeat. Camping and being tactical at long ranges is not really viable against great players because they can just sprint, stop (and they don't even have to crouch or prone or anything), shoot you in the head, and continue to sprint to another location. Furthermore, like I said above, body shots do nothing and at long range engagements its very hard to hit somebody in the head while there sprinting around - but its relatively much easier to sprint around, see somebody laying down stationary, and then just shoot them in the head.

Just my thoughts after spending 150 hours+ playing this new beta.

If this is the type of game the DEV's aspire to create then so be it - run and gun AA it is.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,111Player
    edited September 2015
    I spawned as an Alien without weapon in a new match first round today. Was an Alien only once.
    LY8K3j4.png
  • Ephraim_cppEphraim_cpp Posts: 443Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    I spawned as an Alien without weapon in a new match first round today. Was an Alien only once.
    It looks so interesting! I still am waiting for that to happen to me :smiley:
  • super6-1super6-1 Posts: 100Player
    Small, but E Weapons on the gun range: how do I get them? Cheats get me past the bars but they don't have any ammo :(
    Super6*1 wrote: »
    Small, but E Weapons on the gun range: how do I get them? Cheats get me past the bars but they don't have any ammo :(

For Giunta Range? Shoot the padlock on the gate to gain entry to the op4 weapons area. (It's on the inside)

Press F / Interact key to grab the op4 weapons; they should have ammo.

You can refill ammo for any of the weapons (including op4) at the end tables at each end of the firing line with the Interact key.